Chapter Ten

The Possession 2

Hoseok walked into the room, his  stunned expression caused Yoongi to hurry to his side.

“What’s wrong?” Yoongi reached out to touch his face, but then pulled back and tucked his hands into his pants pockets.

Hoseok noticed with a flinch. “You’re still here?”

“I...um…” Yoongi flustered and looked at the ground.

“I messed up.” Hoseok sighed.

“What happened?”

“I...told Taehyung I saw you and Jimin.” Hoseok replied with a weak smile.

Yoongi sighed deeply.

“I was wrong. I’m sorry!”

“It’s alright.”

“Um, I overheard something too.”

Yoongi’s usual stoic expression turned curious for a second before going back to his usual nonchalant gaze. “What?”

“Don’t tell anyone though.” Hoseok warned.

Yoongi gave a smirk and Hoseok felt his heart melt a little. He’d always been a er for Yoongi’s smirks. “You know I keep your secrets.”

Hoseok smiled. “I know.”

Yoongi’s smirk softened into a smile and Hoseok wondered what would happen if he kissed him. Despite everything, he still missed Yoongi. Not only had he been his boyfriend but he had also been his best friend. His confidant when he had secrets to share.

“Jimin said he and Taehyung haven’t had .”

“Jimin and Taehyung?”

Hoseok nodded. “He said ‘why would I do it with him if I haven’t even done it with you’!”

“Wow.”

“I guess that’s why they’re getting married. It’s so innocent and pure. It had to have been Taehyung’s idea.”

Yoongi shook his head. “It was Jimin’s.”

“Taehyung!”

“Jimin.”

“Why Jimin?” Hoseok demanded.

“He’s practically planning the whole wedding.”

“But that doesn’t mean it was his idea. Maybe he’s so eager to get it on that he’s trying to plan it as fast as possible.” Hoseok countered.

Yoongi shook his head again. “If he did he wouldn’t be so concerned over the color of his wedding invitations.”

Hoseok yawned. “Yeah, you got me there.” He then stretched. “It’s getting late, let’s get to bed.”

“Okay.”  

Hoseok settled into his bed and watched as Yoongi placed his jacket on the floor and proceeded to use it as a pillow.

“Yoongi,  come up here.”

“I don’t think I should.”

Hoseok got out of bed and pulled at Yoongi’s arm. “Come on, you’re still my friend!  I still care about you and your poor back!”

Yoongi sat up and together they got into bed. Hoseok immediately spooned him, breathing in the man’s hair. He had missed this so much.

“I still care about you too.” He heard the man murmur.

Hoseok held him tighter.

“Goodnight Hoseok.”

“Goodnight Yoongi.”


Hoseok awoke in the morning feeling hot. He stripped away the blanket only to reveal his body pressed up against Yoongi’s. And another thing was pressing up  against Yoongi.

Yoongi shifted, announcing he was awake and Hoseok pulled back.

“I’m sorry!”

Yoongi turned and shrugged, a sleepy grin on his face. “It’s only natural.”

At the sound of Yoongi’s morning voice and the sight of his messy hair and smile, Hoseok was lost in the memories of waking up beside Yoongi. Usually when one of them woke up it meant they would have to use creative ways to wake the other.

It had been a favorite part of Hoseok’s day.

“Hoseok?”

“Hm?”

“You got class today right?” Yoongi asked. “You should get ready.”

“You go ahead.” Hoseok motioned to the door.

“Okay.” Yoongi left to the restroom.

Hoseok glanced over at Namjoon’s bed seeing that it was empty. The two must have left early.

Yoongi returned and Hoseok smiled at his hesitant face.

“You can come back to bed.”

“Okay…”

Hoseok wrapped his arms around the smaller man and pressed against him. He couldn’t help it. It felt so good.

“Hoseok.”

“Yeah?”

“You should go get ready.”

Hoseok could see the pink forming on Yoongi’s ears and the slightest shake of his breath.

Could he also be…?

No. I can’t be doing this… I did what I did for my own good. If I do this, will I have learned anything?

“Yeah, you’re right.” Hoseok pulled away from Yoongi.

He then left to go shower. When he returned he found Yoongi in Namjoon’s bed.

“Why did you move?” Hoseok asked.

“I figured it would give you more space.” Yoongi replied.

“Right.” Hoseok agreed. “Because friends don’t sleep in the same bed, unless they don’t have a choice.”

“Well the floor was a choice.”

“Not a very good one.” Hoseok said while brushing his hair.

“I just want to be careful.” Yoongi sighed. “Besides isn’t this what you wanted? I’m trying hard to hold back and not...do something stupid.”

“Seems effortless to me.”

“What do you want Hoseok?”

Hoseok turned, seeing Yoongi was up and putting on his shoes. He approached him and looked him dead in the eyes. “Right now... you .”

Yoongi looked down. “So what do you want to have? A friends with benefits thing? A one night stand?”

“I don’t know.” Hoseok admitted.

“I do know.” Yoongi stared back at him. “I can’t be alone with you. We can’t be alone.”

Hoseok grabbed Yoongi and pulled him into a hug.

“I need to go.”

“I love you.”

“I love you too.” Yoongi pulled away and walked toward the door. “I love you so much that I have to respect your decision.”

Hoseok wanted to kiss him. He wanted to kiss him and kiss him and never let go. Instead he went back to brushing his hair. “Okay.”

He heard the door click closed and he threw his hairbrush against the wall.

. . !

What the hell was he doing?!


“You’re young, just go hook up with someone and get your needs met.”

“I can’t do that!”

“Sure you can.” Jin said. “You’re fit, cute, and bubbly.  A lot of guys and girls are after you.”

“Really?” Hoseok smiled, then blushed when he caught Jin’s smirk. “I mean...not that I’m interested. I don’t just want to get laid.”

“You want Yoongi?”

“...yeah.”

“Getting over a break up isn’t easy, you know. You’re handling it with a lot of grace.”

“Thanks hyung.” Hoseok then watched Jin pick up around Namjoon’s floor. “Why are you here again?”

“I came to visit Namjoon again, but he’s not here.”

“I thought you two had left together this morning?”

“I left early morning for my work shift but, I thought he’d be here when I was back.” Jin then pulled out his phone. “I better text him I’m here.”

“You want to go eat?” Hoseok offered once he was done.

“Sure.” Jin smiled.

They made their way to the cafeteria, got food, and took a seat at a table. Hoseok nudged Jin, motioning with his chin at the sight ahead.

There was Namjoon seated at a table beside his classmate Jackson. Hoseok had met the man briefly and while the guy seemed cool, he didn’t quite like how much he knew about Namjoon already.

“Hyung, don’t assume.” Hoseok whispered.

Jin smiled at him. “I’m not. Jackson’s a friend. He already introduced him to me.”

“They’re awfully close.” Hoseok commented.

Namjoon was now being fed a wrap by Jackson, their laughter echoing all the way towards them.

“That’s fine. Namjoon deserves a good friendship outside our group.”

“Is it weird I’m a little jealous Namjoon has friends outside our group?” Hoseok asked with a pout.

Jin laughed. “No.”

“I mean are we that weird?”

“Well we did survive a demon attack so yes, we kind of are.” Seokjin said. “Besides if Jackson can provide some form of normalcy in Namjoon’s life then I’m more than content.”

Hoseok had to admit that Jin was right, Namjoon needed some sort of calm in his life. They all did.

As they ate, Namjoon and Jackson passed them by. Namjoon immediately noticed them and gaped.

“Hyung! I didn’t know you were coming back!”

“Neither did I, yet here I am!” Jin smiled.

“Did you text me?” Namjoon scrambled for his phone in his pocket.

Jin grabbed the man’s tray to steady it. “Careful. And no I didn’t tell you I was coming, it was a surprise visit. I didn’t see you in the room, so I decided to hang with Hoseok.”

“Oh…” Namjoon looked troubled. “Okay.”

“Joonie, I’m not mad alright?” Jin smiled softly. He then waved at Jackson, who stood a couple feet away. “Go have fun okay?”

Hoseok saw his roommate smile. “Okay hyung. I’ll see you later.”

Jin nodded and Namjoon ran off.

Hoseok clapped. “He’s beauty, he’s grace. He’s Kim Seokjin, the boyfriend ace!”

Jin bowed his head. “Thank you, it's an honor.”

Despite them insisting they weren’t a mature couple, Hoseok still believed Jin and Namjoon were the most mature couple he knew.


Later on that night, he and Jin retired to his dorm room and mindlessly watched TV before Hoseok knocked out.

His dream was terrifying and dark. He felt like he was falling and at the last second before he hit the ground, he woke up in a sweat. He wiped at his forehead and sighed before turning his head.

He froze.

Standing at the foot of Namjoon’s bed where Jin slept blissfully unaware was the figure of a man.

“Jungkook?” Hoseok whispered in disbelief.

The figure looked up and turned to Hoseok. It was Jungkook.

Hoseok gasped. No it couldn’t be! I’m dreaming...still dreaming…

He willed himself to close his eyes and wake up. When he opened his eyes Jungkook was even closer.

No, please no…

Hoseok watched in horror as Jungkook smiled, his eyes black and his teeth pointy. Just like before.

I’m dreaming! I have to be dreaming! Jin got rid of the demon. It’s not him, he’s not here. Please…

Hoseok pulled the covers over his bed and took deep breaths. Only when he felt like he was suffocating did he peel the blanket off for air.

And as he did he was face to face with Jungkook. Those pointy teeth seemed to reach out to him and he screamed. He grabbed his pillow and threw it at Jungkook before rushing to the door.

Jin hyung I’m sorry!

Hoseok sped to Jimin, Taehyung’s and Jungkook’s dorm. He needed reinforcements. He pounded on the door to the beat of his heart.

“Hyung?” Jimin opened the door with sleepy eyes.

“Jungkook...Jungkook’s…” Hoseok panted.

“Jungkook?” Jimin rubbed his eyes, before closely examining Hoseok’s panicked state. He frowned. “Jungkook’s sleeping.”

“What?!” Hoseok shoved his way in and the light.

Sure enough, there was Jungkook in his bed. His face buried into his pillow. Taehyung was beside him, one arm around the boy’s shoulders.

“Um...do they do that a lot?” Hoseok commented. Relief now washed over with confusion.

Jimin shrugged, clearly not happy.

Hoseok sighed and walked out of the dorm.

“Are you okay?” Jimin asked as they made it to the doorway.

“Just had a nightmare.” Hoseok admitted. Though, what he had experienced had felt very real.

But Jungkook’s here. It’s okay.

“Okay hyung, get some rest then.” Jimin placed a hand on his shoulder and shot him a smile before closing the door.

Hoseok walked back to his dorm, feeling a bit better.

As he reached the door to his dorm room, he spotted a figure in the hallway. The lights flickered and darkness swept the hallway.  Hoseok stood still, like a deer caught in headlights. The hallway lights flickered back and the figure was no longer standing.

It was now on all fours.

Hoseok couldn’t believe he was reliving this nightmare. He ran toward his room as the figure scurried toward him. He slammed the door and pressed his forehead against it, trying to calm his breathing.

He felt a hot puff of breath on his nape.

Please...leave me alone…

Slowly he turned his head and came face to face with Jungkook.

All teeth and black eyes.

He smiled widely as if amused.

Hoseok screamed.

He nearly fell out of bed and he scrambled to hold onto his sheets. He regained his balance and sat up in bed.

Perplexed, he looked around.

What?!

He looked across and saw Namjoon and Jin squished in bed.

Was I dreaming?

Hoseok laid down. He chuckled to himself.

God, I’m a mess.

A part of him wanted to reach for his phone and text Yoongi about his unfortunate series of nightmares, but he refrained. He had faced them alone and he would go back to sleep alone.

I’m fine. He reassured himself. I’m fine.


“God hyung, you look awful.” Jimin commented.

He and Hoseok were at the dance studio, Hoseok usually tutored the dance kids on his own, but today he needed Jimin’s eye.

“Taeyong use a little more force!” Hoseok called, then turned to Jimin. “Yeah I had a nightmare.”  

“Another one?” Jimin asked. “I thought you would sleep fine after you came running to the dorm last night.”

Hoseok turned to him with wide eyes. “What?!”

“Straighten up Taeil!” Jimin snapped at a kid. He then looked at Hoseok with a small smile. “Yeah, you were asking about Jungkook.”

It wasn’t a dream…

Hoseok thought back to Jungkook by the bed, Jungkook behind him, the figure rushing on all fours at him. He shivered.

“Hyung? Hyung?”

Hoseok felt his shoulder shake. He jumped. “Uh, sorry...I just...Taeyong not so strong now!”

He then shot Jimin a smile that didn’t quite reach his eyes before turning back to observe his students.

After the practice, Jimin suggested they go for drinks. Hoseok wasn’t really a fan of drinking, seeing as his tolerance was low, but after realizing he had in fact seen Jungkook nearly attacking him the night before, he was more than willing to drink to forget.

“The kids are really improving.” Jimin said as they took shots.

“Yeah.” Hoseok agreed.

Jimin raised his eyebrows as Hoseok took two more shots.

“Hyung, you okay?”

“Perfectly fine.” Hoseok smiled as he waved for another soju bottle.

They made it out of the bar many shots later and Hoseok could barely stand.

“Hyung, I told you to slow down!” Jimin scolded as he held Hoseok up. “You haven't even eaten!”

Hoseok’s head was spinning and everything seemed to be happening at the rate of a sloth. He raised his arm slowly with a giggle.

“I better call Namjoon hyung.”

“No.” Hoseok didn’t feel like getting a lecture.

Jimin looked exasperated.

“Call Yoongi.”

Jimin shook his head, but reached for his phone.

Hoseok didn't know what possessed him to want Yoongi, but ten minutes later there he was in the parking lot.

He felt a rush of excitement course through him. He couldn't fight off the smile on his face.

“Yoongi! Yoongi!”

“That's me.” Yoongi gave the ghost of a smile. He helped Jimin shove Hoseok in the backseat and Hoseok through the drunken haze relished in the feeling of Yoongi’s hands on him.

“Thanks for coming hyung.”

“No problem.”

Hoseok reached toward the driver's seat and squeezed Yoongi’s shoulders. “Yoongi, Yoongi.”

God he feels good.

Yoongi chuckled. “Yup, that's me.”

Jimin shoved Hoseok’s hands back with a look of disapproval.

Yoongi arrived at the dorms, but only Jimin got off.

“I’ll take Hoseok with me. Jin hyung came to stay with Namjoon, so they might be busy…” Yoongi explained.

Jimin flustered. “Oh…”

“Sorry.” Yoongi scratched his ear with a sheepish grin. “I know you don't really know about that kind of stuff.”

“Huh?” Realization then dawned on Jimin’s face.

Hoseok hiccuped nervously.

Jimin glared at him. “Hyung!”

Yoongi laughed.

“Your ex is such a blabbermouth.” Jimin grumbled glaring back at Yoongi.

“He tends to tell me everything, but only because I don't spread it around.”

Jimin huffed. “Whatever. Goodnight.”

He turned and stalked to the dorms.

Yoongi turned to glance at Hoseok.

Hoseok groaned and stuck his head through the arm rest to look up at Yoongi. “I did bad…”

Yoongi pet his head.

After that Hoseok laid in the backseat and closed his eyes.

He was in and out of consciousness, but remembered Yoongi grabbing his waist and heaving him up and out of the car.

He remembered the smell of linen as he pressed into Yoongi and then the feel of a soft bed.

He reached out to his side and wrapped his fingers around a thin wrist.

“Hyung stay with me.”

“Okay.” A deep voice said.

Hoseok was then enveloped in warmth as a body pressed against him.

He snuggled into Yoongi’s chest and kissed his neck.

He had missed this.

Badly.

“I'm scared hyung.”

“It's okay Hobi. I'm here.”

He felt long fingers graze through his hair and tingle his scalp.

“Jungkook…”

“Jungkook?”

“I saw him…” Hoseok felt a sob overcome him as he recalled his living nightmares. He was thankful he wasn't at the dorm. And sober. “He was smiling and...the teeth…”

“Are you sure, Hobi?”

“Yes.”

“Okay Hobi, I believe you. We'll talk more about it in the morning. Sleep now, you're safe here.”

Hoseok let those last words resound in him and closed his eyes.

Thank you Yoongi.


“Why must this keep happening?” Hoseok muttered to himself. He had awoken once again with Yoongi pressing up against his crotch.

And once again, he had a stiff problem.

Yoongi shifted around with a smile.

Hoseok felt his heart ache at the sight of Yoongi’s messy hair and sleepy eyes.

“We should probably give up alcohol.”

“Yeah.” Hoseok leaned forward wanting to steal a quick kiss, but Yoongi noticed what he was doing before he did and got out of bed.

“I'm going to go shower.”

Hoseok scolded himself once Yoongi left.

Come on Jung Hoseok! You broke up with him! You needed to own up to your decisions!

He then got out of bed and padded to the bathroom. The shower and toilet were separated by a door, so as Hoseok peed he heard the shower run.

He washed his hands and a thought crossed his mind.

Don't…

Hoseok…

Hoseok walked to the door.

Hoseok no.

He put a hand on the doorknob.

Hoseok don’t do this…

Hoseok opened the door.

He was greeted by hot steam, but once his eyes focused he spotted the shower door. Through it he saw the glimpse of a thin figure.

Damnit…

There was no turning back now. He could hear Yoongi rapping softly to himself as he approached the shower door.

Yoongi’s form became clearer and Hoseok gazed transfixed on his pale smooth skin that turned pink under the hot spray.

He opened the shower door.

He didn't want to fight it anymore.

“What the ?!” Yoongi jumped at the sight of Hoseok and grabbed onto the shower head for support.

“You forgot a towel.”

Yoongi glanced down at Hoseok’s empty hands. “I don't suppose you brought it?”

Hoseok took in Yoongi’s flushed face and pink lips that he as a nervous habit.

He walked in ignoring the water soaking his clothes and kissed Yoongi.

It was wet and sweet and hot and everything Hoseok had craved.

Yoongi attempted to push him away, but Hoseok pulled back with pleading eyes.

“Please Yoongi.”

“...take off your clothes…”

Hoseok hastened to peel off his clothes and throw them out the door.

He then pressed his skin on Yoongi’s finding the wet slip and slide of their bodies amazing.

Yoongi kissed him with a slip of tongue and Hoseok was seeing stars.

If I die, let it be after this. He thought.


Hoseok and Yoongi finished up their shower and as they stood shivering with the shower off, Yoongi turned to him.

“I really did forget my towel.”

They laughed and stumbled out of the shower and toward the room.  To their surprise Jin was there half . He had barely been putting on a shirt when they walked in.

“Um…” Is all Hoseok could manage as he stared at Jin’s shoulders and chest.

“Well then.” Jin slipped on his shirt and smiled, glancing down at their s. Hoseok quickly covered his and looked over at Yoongi who had already reached for a blanket to hide his.

Jin raised an eyebrow, before departing.

“Wow Jin hyung’s shoulders are incredible!”

Yoongi nodded in agreement as he reached for clothes in his closet, throwing some to Hoseok.

“Namjoon is a lucky dude.”

“Yeah.”

“Did you really never have a crush on him?”

“I found him attractive if that’s what you’re asking. But no, I don’t really crush on people.” Yoongi replied.

“Oh…”

They changed and Hoseok threw his clothes in the dryer, before they made it to the kitchen.  Jin was there placing tupperware into the refrigerator, frantically.

Hoseok felt embarrassed. Jin had been one of the few people he had confided in about his break up struggles and Jin had been proud of the way he had been handling them. He had tried to stay true and not crawl back to Yoongi and now there he was--clearly not staying true to himself.

“Hey.” Hoseok waved awkwardly.

“Hey.” Jin greeted. His eyes seemed to hold no judgment. Instead, he gave a cheery smile. “There’s meat in the fridge along with some side dishes. I have to go to work. Behave yourself Yoongi.”

Yoongi rolled his eyes as he grabbed a water bottle from the fridge and walked toward the living room.

“Bye.” Jin called after him. He then smiled at Hoseok. “Bye Hobi.”

“Bye hyung.” Hoseok smiled back. He then remembered the night before. “Actually hyung, when are you off? I want to talk to you.”

“Not until 10.” Jin responded, throwing a lunch bag over his shoulder.

“I’ll be here then.”

“Alright. I’m off.” Jin walked out.

Hoseok joined Yoongi on the couch in the living room. “I’m going to tell hyung about Jungkook.”

“Sounds good.”

“Well now that I’m going to be waiting here, what do you want to do?” Hoseok asked.

“Round two?” Yoongi smirked.

Hoseok smiled. “Race you to the bed.”


A/N: So sorry about the nearly 4 month hiatus I took from this. I had a lot of personal stuff going on and also school and it kind of became too much for me. Summer's been good to me so far, so hopefully I update more often. Hope you guys are also having a good summer!