--- Be My Wife? ---

There's something about Jessi!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hi buddy !!

Chapter 3 for you ^^

Special credits for my lovely Co Author: stephi-08 --> Can't do this without you :))

Enjoy~

*bow*bow*bow* 

Chapter 3 –

Six years ago, Jessica fully remembered that day she was about to get married, but she abandoned her wedding right before the ceremony was about to start. She left the venue after learning that her fiancee was cheating on her. And she was only marrying her because she was going to be a doctor and will be able to provide her a comfortable lifestyle. Jessica was shocked and left her fiancee on their wedding day.

She carelessly drove to a nearby bar to drink alone. She wanted to get drunk in an attempt to forget and mend her broken heart. And there she met a young and beautiful woman named Nana. Nana saw that Jessica has a wedding ring on her finger, and asked her about her husband. Jessica told Nana that she was married to a woman and she also said how her wife recently left her for someone else. At the end, Jessica and Nana ended up sleeping together.

Soon, Jessica started to use her wedding ring as an excuse to flirting and felt sympathy as well as having fun with no strings attached one night stands. She chuckled to herself, "Why buy a cow when you can get the milk for free."

Sometimes Jessica wanted to throw the wedding ring away because she realized how wrong her actions were, but she couldn’t. Identifying herself as a married woman has given her some benefits, it protects her from a broken heart and most especially a romantic commitment could be avoided that may lead to another heartbreak.

Only two women are aware of her schemes, the first one is Tiffany, the nurse in her office and the second one is her best friend Kim Taeyeon.

Jessica met Yoona at a party without her wedding ring on, and they felt an instant mutual connection. The next morning, Yoona found the ring and assumed Jessica was married. Yoona refused to date her because her parents got divorced due to adultery. She did not want to be an adulteress herself.

 

Instead of telling Yoona the truth, Jessica told her that she was getting divorced from her wife soon. Jessica told Yoona that they were getting divorced because her wife had cheated on her with another woman. And now, Yoona insisted on meeting Jessica’s soon to be ex-wife. When in reality, Jessica was single and not married at all.

 

Today it's Monday, the clinic is extremely busy this morning with so many patients waiting for the doctor. That's when a limping man walked into Doctor Jung's office. He was wearing his army uniform. He saw Tiffany and thought she was the doctor, but Tiffany denied it and said that she is a nurse. Tiffany told him that Jessica is the doctor and she is on her way to the clinic and will be here any minute now..

"So, what is your problem, sir?" Tiffany asked him.

"Problem? The problem is my legs, it's like they're not there at all" the man said, Tiffany, observed him carefully.

"But how come you're...-"

"Let's skip the details, it's a painful story, your eardrums will explode when you hear it," The man said while moving closer to Tiffany.

"Really? So let's skip it then" Tiffany replied nonchalantly

"NO! How can we skip that! "The man said in a loud harsh grating tone. Tiffany flinched and soon he told her that it had happened when he went to war. He told Tiffany the whole story and he made it sound so dramatic. Tiffany gasped in horrified amazement with his story. 

The man kept repeating to her how heroic his action was. He was telling her his story while walking closer and closer to Tiffany which made the latter feeling uncomfortable. Right that moment, Jessica who was still in a bad mood arrived and greeted Tiffany. For the first time in three years or so since working with Jessica, Tiffany felt instantly thankful and relieved of Jessica's presence in spite of her boss's bad mood. 

"Good morning Doctor, this is... What  did you say your name was?" Tiffany asked.

"Lee Kwangsoo"

"Ahh Mr. Lee served in the army and went to war where the enemy had broken his legs," Tiffany said and Jessica narrowed her eyes. She was clearly not in the mood because Yoona kept pressuring her to meet her soon to be ex-wife.

"So you weren't born with a handicap?" Jessica said uninterestedly.

"No"

"What's the matter with you then?" Jessica asked.

"What do you want me to say to you, Doctor?" Kwangsoo began his drama again.

"There's just no sensation or feeling on my lower body. I can raise everything but not my legs. They refused to work" Kwangsoo told them with a tear rolling down on his cheek. Tiffany felt so sad and sorry about his condition, but Jessica seemed suspicious about him.

"They'll work in a moment, give those crutches to me," Jessica said while taking away the crutches, Kwangsoo panicked and was about to fall. Tiffany gasped at the sight.

“Do-doctor what a-are you doing? H-how could I walk?” Kwangsoo anxiously asked while walking clumsily.

"Follow me, I know you can do it!!" Jessica said and ignored Kwangsoo's acting.

Tiffany reassured him and told him that he can do it and in the end, Kwangsoo landed on Tiffany’s soft arms. Tiffany was shocked and glared at Jessica who took the scene blankly. Kwangsoo smirked silently.

“Thank you for your help miss,” He said to Tiffany.

“J-just hold on to this” Tiffany said while giving him the crutches that she took back from Jessica.

“I wish all the women would act like you did !” Kwangsoo appreciatively winked at Tiffany. Jessica scoffed.

“People usually are mocking me,  they told me I am ugly and useless but you… but you are different and you are beautiful and kind…” Kwangsoo stated and Jessica just raised her brows. Tiffany felt uncomfortable, she tried avoiding him as he was getting closer and closer to her again. Jessica observed them in silence.

“Now nobody would be mocking you again, now lie down and I will examine you” Jessica instructed Kwangsoo.

“Huh? B-but ... oh...I forgot..  I have some important things to do right now, Hahahahha” Kwangsoo laughed awkwardly.

“If you'll excuse me, I'm leaving now but I’ll be back again for you miss,” Kwang-soo said to Tiffany while winking which gave Tiffany a sudden urge to puke. She cringed and brushed her clothes off trying to get rid of Kwangsoo’s nasty scent that stuck on her clothes. Just then Jessica’s phone rings, it is Yoona so Jessica excused herself.

Meanwhile, Kwangsoo walked back to his car quickly with his crutches while grinning from ear to ear, his plan was a success

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter