3.1

Lost You Once, Lose You Again (LYOLYA)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 3.0: Kou's Resemblance

 

We arrived at the tower. The once-known attraction has become deserted and police cars are around the area. The media is also present in the scene.

     Dahyun and I approached the entrance, but one of the officers on duty stopped us from proceeding any further.

     “Sorry, the tower is closed for the day.” The security said.

     “We’re here for some questions,” I answered, revealing an ID from my coat. “We receive news about recent sightings here. My partner and I need to talk to the person managing this tower.”

     The security saluted, “Inspector Yoo, Officer Kim.” He opened the way for us, and we followed him to the main office of the tower where we will meet the manager of the place.

     “So, this is what you and Jihyo do, huh,” Dahyun asked me. “Do Chaeyoung and Tzuyu do these kinds of things too?” 

     “Yes, this is what we do. We investigate and plan out what to do about the problem if it’s related to our race. Our priority is to hide the existence of the mythics around the world to prevent humans from taking advantage of us. We may be powerful, but… when it comes to the creation of God, we are no match regardless of our power. Hence, we need to prevent our existence from leaking.”

     We entered the office. Dahyun and I introduced ourselves to the head admin of the tower. We also told him our motive and the reason why we are there. 

     He explained the rumour as we enter the elevator to the scene. “Actually, as the one overseeing the operation of the attraction, I must not say things that would affect the business, so I kept my mouth shut. I couldn’t even bring myself to the police about this matter—I mean, who’d believe me anyway? Yet, word finally came out after a tourist saw the blood, then words of the white figure followed.” He began, “It started a month ago. I was checking the revolving restaurant if it’s kept clean and organized. I saw a tall figure near the window, and I called for his attention. It didn’t even bother turning back. I went towards it, and I was talking to a curtain, but I am pretty sure someone was standing there. Then weeks pass, and I keep seeing that person. I even thought about exorcising this place for ghosts, but it would attract the attention of the media and the tourist, and we’ll lose visitors. Then weird things start to happen.”

     “Weird things?” Dahyun questioned, “You mean the blood?”

     The manager nodded. “Yes, the blood began to appear.”

     The elevator stopped with a ding!

     The place is surrounded by the police – taking photos of scene evidence, tracking blood stains that are still visible for inspection, and such. 

     “Jeongyeon,” Dahyun called. I went to her. She bent her knees and pointed at the mark on the carpet floor. “This is blood, isn’t it? It seemed that it was a stain from long ago. The culprit failed to clean it well.”

     I track a scent of iron. “It’s human blood,” I answered, bending to take a g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter