2.2

Lost You Once, Lose You Again (LYOLYA)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2.2: Dream

Jeongyeon

 

Chaeyoung and Tzuyu knew about the evil activity of humans since they experienced it firsthand during their prime. Since Dahyun is new to it, the sight of the video was a nasty way for her to learn about the dangers of the human world. It took a while for us to calm Dahyun down. There are more important matters to discuss so Jihyo and I let Chaeyoung and Tzuyu handle them while we continue our conversation.

     “More humans come to hunt us. Mostly in the West and in Europe where most of us are residing.” Jihyo said, rewinding the video.

     “I’ll talk with the leaders in each country about the growing numbers of hunters. If the IMG needs assistance grant them my permission. Set a date for a meeting with the Elders—it’s time for us to talk.”

    

“We have an issue with the Elders too, Jeongyeon.”

    

“I know,” I stood up. “Those fools took advantage of my absence. I can tell from the way they handled the mythics the past 10 years.”

     I went out of the office. I came downstairs and heard the girls continue their singing. Dahyun and Chaeyoung rapped while Tzuyu sang. It was fun watching them, of course.

     Jihyo followed and she sang with the rest.

     “I’m hungry!” Chaeyoung said, collapsing beside me. “Jihyo, do we have something to eat?”

     “Nope!” Jihyo shouted from the kitchen. “Would you like ketchup on leftover rice? Or maybe ketchup kimbap?”

     “Are you kidding me?!” Tzuyu and Chaeyoung both exclaimed.

     “How about Dahyun and I go out to buy groceries and pizza? While you wait for dinner, you guys prepare the table?”

     As usual, if it’s about treating them to food, Chaeyoung and Tzuyu will pamper me with thankful words.

     Dahyun and I went to the supermarket. We bought Jihyo their groceries – presuming my sister didn’t have the time to do so due to the fact she handles two stubborn children and temporarily the acting head while I was away.

     “I saw a fresh salmon back in the cold section! Can we have them?” Dahyun asked, enthusiastically pointing in that direction. “Pretty please?”

     I answered with a smile, “One thing you should learn, Dahyun, is that the best way to buy seafood is through the wet market and not here. That way the fish will be bought fresh. Instead, why don’t you grab us some frozen desserts?” She punched the air with a loud yes! And went away. I smiled while watching her speed-walked to the section.

     Dahyun nodded and went away.

     Suddenly, I felt the same energy back in COEX. I looked around and saw the same girl before – but with a rather sleepier look on her face.

     “What’s up with her?” I asked myself. “She’s picking fruits, but her eyes are shut. I guess she’s sleeping?”

     I approached her, pushing the two carts with me, “Excuse me?”

     “Huh? What?” The girl looked around. Upon seeing me, her eyes widened. “You’re the girl from COEX!”

     I smiled while bowing my head, she did the same. “Yes, it is me. I saw you randomly putting fruits in your cart while your eyes are closed. I feel something isn’t right, so I went here. Sorry to bother you.”

     Momo glanced at her cart and hit her forehead. She placed the fruits back, “Thank you for waking me up!” She answered. I helped her put the fruits back in their places.

     “Sorry for my question, I don’t mean to pry but are you always sleepy?” I asked.

     Momo shook her head. “Oh no! No. I didn’t sleep well last night. Busy practicing my lines.”

     “So, you’re an actress?”

     “You don’t know?”

     I smiled faintly, “Sorry. I just came from another country after 10 years of being away from Korea. I am not that informed about the entertainment industry.”

     “It’s fine. My name is Hirai Momo,” she offered her hand, and I gladly accepted it. “And you are?”   

     “Professor Yoo Jeongyeon.”

     “Oh, a professor? Let me guess… an art school?”

     I nod my head with astonishment. “Yes. Art university. Huh, that’s impressive. How did you know?”

     The latter replied, “Just a hunch. I first thought you were a science professor of some sort, but the thought of art came into mind. Glad that I guessed it right without any applied effort.”

    We heard her phone ring. “Sad to say this is going to be a goodbye, Jeongyeon. I hope we’ll see each other again soon.”

     “I hope that as well, Miss Momo.”

     I watch her walk away.

     “Serpent,”

     A cold chill ran down my spine. I turned my head in the direction where Momo passed – she was gone.

     What was that? 

     Dahyun came, wondering what happened. I replied, “I just met someone I met back in COEX, you know before you collapsed? I saw her picking fruits and placing them in her cart while her eyes are closed.”

     “An actress?! Who?!” Dahyun abruptly asked which startled me.

     “She introduced herself as Hirai Momo.”

     “Oh! Hirai Momo! The Japanese a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter