1.2

Lost You Once, Lose You Again (LYOLYA)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1.2: Sirène

 

Jeongyeon

Bathala told the previous descendants of the serpent that in order to know and find Kou is that the person must be able to see my wings. Not even Jihyo can see my wings, but she is aware of it – as well as Tzuyu and Chaeyoung. They are the only ones who knew about it. With Dahyun saying she can see it, it perplexed me – bothered even.

     “Pardon? What did you just say?” I asked Dahyun, thinking that I must have heard her wrong. Although a voice in my head is saying the opposite.

     “Uh. You have beautiful wings?”

     Jihyo whispered into my ears, “Did I hear that right? She can see your wings?”

     I cannot even answer my sister. I am still in shock from what Dahyun said.

“Is there something wrong? Did I say something bad?” Dahyun asked, thinking what she said might have offended me.

     I shake my head slowly – assuring her that she didn’t do anything bad. “This is unusual…” I insinuate.  “How can you see my wings, Dahyun?”

“Uhm. Using my eyes?”

     Chaeyoung pulls Dahyun close to her. “You can see Jeongyeon’s wings?!” She exclaimed, rather excited. “How big is her wings? What does it look like? Are they feather-like wings or bat-like wings?”

     “W-Wait, wait, you can’t see her wings?” Dahyun asked. Chaeyoung swayed their head as a no.

     “No one can see my wings, Dahyun. Only Kou can see my wings…” I whisper. “Only my beloved Kou can…”

     Tzuyu turned her head towards me before staring back at Dahyun. “Then, she’s Kou?”

     “That wouldn’t be possible, Tzuyu. Kou is human—that’s what it was written. A human descendant of Kou.” Jihyo answered. “Dahyun, can you please tell us the colour of Jeongyeon’s wings?”

     Dahyun answered, “The colour is a sad colour. I thought her wings would be red. I guess I was imagining it wrong while reading legends about the Moon-Swallower. Grey wings still suites the goddess though. Why do you ask, Jihyo?”

     “Grey?”

     “Yeah. Ash-grey. It’s a bit dull and lifeless.”

     She’s not Kou. I released a deep sigh out of relief. When Dahyun said my wings are in ash grey, I’m relieved. If she was Kou, instead of ash-grey, she will see my wings in luminescent blue with blue flex surrounding it. No one knows about this fact except for me and Kou, and the gods.

     “You’re not Kou.” I finally spoke amidst the silence.

     “Who is this Kou?”

     “Jeongyeon’s love of her life.” Chaeyoung answered with emphasis. “But she kept passing away (a lot of times by the way). Tragic, isn’t it? I remember one time like years ago? Jeongyeon just saw Kou’s descendant but then she—ow!” Tzuyu pinched Chaeyoung’s cheeks – making the latter to scream in pain and eventually stopped from continuing her story. “What was that for? It hurts!”

      I ignored the two and focused on talking to the god above. Bathala, please help me search for answers. I pray. Dahyun can see my wings, but the colour is different. This is the first time someone can see my wings – I don’t know how or what to react. How can this mermaid see my wings? You said Kou can see my wings, Bathala.

     “This is really out of the ordinary. Dahyun can see your wings—the greatest secret of the serpent’s quest. I thought Kou can only see your wings since you said it yourself, Jeongyeon?” Tzuyu questioned.

      I answered, unsure,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter