Is He Serious?!

Failure is Not an Option.

Chapter 8

I came into work, the next day, ready to work. Usually, we began work at 10am and the earliest client appointment would be at 11am. But thanks to Jaejoong, he booked us from 10am til we were finished. I still had no idea why though.

Why does such a perfect guy like him need to be help for so long?

A guy like him, I thought, would be able to be snapped up in a second, if he went to a bar or club. So why pay, forty-…no, forty-TWO thousand dollars to come and do this?

“Good morning,” I stepped into the office, to find everyone cleaning up their stations, for the arrival of our first and only client for the day.

“Morning,” I smiled, “Everything ready for our time with Mr Kim?”

“Absolutely.”

“Good,” I nodded, “I’ll be in my office,”

Fifteen minutes later, there was a knock on my door. “Come in,”

“Mr Kim is here,” Max said, opening the door,

“Okay, get him to start with Jack, do another physical and workout, then let him take a shower and then send him to Tess,” I said, not looking up from my work,

“Okay then,”

I got about five minutes of peace, before I heard another knock on the door. “Yes?”

The door opened, “Mr Kim would like to talk to you first, before he begins,” Max said,

“I’m busy, Max,” I was currently completing the accounts, and was then going to do the stock take, “I’ll see him, when I’m done with the accounts,”

“Okay, I’ll tell him that,”

It only took another two minutes before there was another knock on my door. I was getting annoyed, “Yes?!”

“Sorry, Alison,” Max entered my office again, “Mr Kim insists,”

I sighed, “Am I not the boss, Max?”

“Yes, Alison,” He nodded, “But Mr Kim is insisting,”

“Fine!” I put down my pen, “Show him in,”

I let out a breath, and then Jaejoong was shown into my office.

“Good morning,” He stepped in grinning,

“Good morning,” I tried to keep my composure, but no matter how handsome he was, I still had important things to do, “What was so urgent that you couldn’t wait to tell me?”

He opened up his briefcase and produced a brown paper bag, “Breakfast,” He handed it to me,

I looked at him incredulously. Was this guy serious?

“I thought that you probably wouldn’t have eaten,” He smiled, and if I wasn’t kind of pissed off, I would have thought it as him being cute. “If I waited til later, it would have gone cold,”

I didn’t know what to say, I accepted the bag and said thanks. To which, he smiled and then excused himself from my office.

I stared in the direction of the door, that Jaejoong had only walked out of only a few seconds ago. Sighing, I placed the bag on the table, and opened it, revealing a note and a sandwich.

I read the note first,

‘Thanks for lending me the whole day.

Here’s a token of my appreciation.

Jaejoong. :) ’

He even added a smiley face, I found myself chuckling softly at his antiques. I put the note down, and picked up the sandwich. He had been right, that morning I only had coffee. Biting into it, I realised it was the same type that he had made for me the first time.

Smiling, I continued to eat, while finishing my work.

-----------------------------

A/N: Double update! Just because I feel bad for not updating in a while. :)

Comments?

aliceeyychan