Note.

Failure is Not an Option.

Chapter 6

“Alison?!” I heard Tess’ voice as I entered the office, “You’re late…you’re never late,”

She ran up and hugged me, “Sorry, I’m late,”

“I was worried,” She pulled away and was about to say something else, when she realised something… “You’re wearing the same clothes as yesterday…” Her eyes widened, “You ed someone last night, didn’t you?”

“Language,” I said, pushing past her,

“Alison did what?” I heard everyone in the office stop and come towards me,

“Did you?” Micky looked surprised,

“Actually now that you mention it…” I heard Max say, “Jaejoong called this morning and said that you wouldn’t come in today,”

“What?!” Everyone’s voices yelled at once,

“You slept with a client?!”

“No!” I shouted, “Sheesh, guys, we went out for drinks…and I got carried away, I haven’t been sleeping well, and I’ve been drinking too much lately, so I got drunk quickly. And he took me to his place, and I slept there. He slept in a different room. END OF STORY.”

I brushed past everyone and sat down in my office. I sighed, and placed my bag on the desk. Jaejoong’s brown paper bag sticking out.

I took it out of my bag, then placed it on the table and moved the bag on the floor.

I opened the brown bag, to see a toasted bacon and egg sandwich which a note.

‘I thought you might be hungry…and it looks like you haven’t been eating.

Don’t worry about last night.

I thought it was cute.

Jaejoong.’

I looked at the last sentence, over and over again.

He thought I was cute?

I shook my head. Vomiting? Passing out? I would never call that cute. I put the note aside, and took a tissue and wrapped it around the sandwich and took a bite.

“Mmm,” it tasted really good, but I wasn’t sure if it was the sandwich or the fact that I haven’t had anything to eat for the past 24hrs.

There was a knock at the door, I swallow the last bit of the sandwich and wiped my hands.

“Come in,” I threw away the tissue and the brown paper bag.

Tess walked in holding a coffee, and a breakfast muffin. “I thought you might be hungry,” She placed them on the table, and then sat down.

“Thanks,” I took a sip of the coffee…but I wasn’t hungry.

“So?” Tess started,

I raised an eyebrow, wondering what she wanted to say, “Mmm?”

“What happened last night?”

I sighed and put the coffee down, “Nothing. Just a few drinks, and Jaejoong being a gentleman.”

“Really?” She squealed and moved the chair forward, “Spill.”

“There’s nothing to spill, because nothing happened…”

“Are you happy or sad about that?”

“…” I blinked, “What?”

“You keep repeating, ‘Nothing, happened,’ I was just wondering if you wanted something to happen,”

I spluttered, “Of-of course not, he’s a client,”

“And if he wasn’t?”

“It doesn’t matter, because he is…and there’s already a girl he likes out there.”

“Hmpt,” Tess grunted and sunk into the chair, “So unhelpful,” she muttered,

I dismissed her comment, “Now out, Sam should be coming soon.”

“Fine, but in the bathroom, I put a towel and a toothbrush…just in case,” She grinned and walked out,

“Ahh, this child,” I ran a hand through my hair and got up, leaving my desk and heading to the bathroom.

After my shower, I got redressed into my old clothes. I sprayed some perfume, and walked back into my office.

I noted that my shirt had actually been cleaned very well and smelt quite nice. I should thank Jaejoong for that.

--------------------------------------

It was night, and it was time for the first date. Micky was already inside the restaurant, he was sitting at the bar, which was only a few meters from where Sam, our nervous first dater, was sitting at a table waiting for his date.

I was inside the van, with Jack and Tess. Max was also inside sitting at another table, as a customer.

We had bugged Sam’s top button with a camera and his watch with a microphone, but we didn’t give him a receiver. The first date was all about the guy using what he had learnt.

“Okay, everyone ready?”

“Yeah,” Micky said,

“Mm, he seems nervous,” said Max,

“I can see that,” Tess commented, “the camera keeps moving,”

“Nah, he’ll do fine,” Jack said, trying to reassure everyone,

I fixed my headset, “Is she there yet?”

“I dunno- wait, there’s a girl coming towards him,” Max commented

“I see her,” Micky added, “She’s not that pretty-”

“Micky, shut up,” I commanded, “It’s not your place to say,”

The camera moved and then we saw a picture of the girl,

“Hi,” she gleamed at Sam,

“Hello,” he nervously said, standing up to help her to help her sit down.

“Thank you,”

“His manners are okay,” Jack commented,

“Shush,” Tess hushed him, and continued to watch.

---------------------------------------

“Awesome!” Tess cheered, as the date ended quite well. Sam was a perfect gentleman, and she seemed to really enjoy the date. He had just paid the bill, and was taking her home.

Max went into the bathroom, which was Sam’s signal to follow. Just so the microphone and the camera could be removed.

Once everything was done, Max and Micky both came into the back of the van.

Jack pulled out 5 beers; we opened them and yelled a round of cheers.

“Let’s go out for drinks,” Micky suggested,

“Yeah,” everyone agreed,

“Sorry guys, not tonight,” I said backing out,

“Naw, why Ali? Too much?”

“Yeah, if drink anymore, I might need a new kidney,” I joked, stepping out of the van, “Jack, can you take the van back to the office? I need to go home,”

“Yeah sure,”

“Thanks,” I called myself a cab and went home.

-------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Fast update, no? :P

Comments?

aliceeyychan