Guilt

Unreachable • On hold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin knew it wasn’t a good idea to let the younger stay with him. He needed to think of a plan and needed to think of it fast. Maybe it won’t work but he could give it a try. He was fighting a inner battle, but he took a deep breath and he spoke.

“Kook-ah, I am not coming back with you and you are not coming to live with me. But I have a proposal for you.” Jimin saw Jungkook step closer to him and stood right in front of him. The proximity made him a bit uneasy and he could clearly smell the shower gel on the younger.

“What is it hyung?” Jungkook asked eagerly, but he saw the older hesitating for a moment. He was thinking what the proposal could be, but he couldn’t think of anything and why were they negotiating, it wasn’t a business deal. Why couldn’t his hyung just move in with them? Why was he being so difficult?

“It’s your first day at work right? I will give you some files about our work and profit we have made in the last years. But there can be some improvements in some of our departments. What I need you to do is, search for those weak points and come up with a proposition. Can you do that?”

“But hyung, that’s so much work and I don’t even know how many files we are talking about. I don’t want to do this!” Jungkook pouted and he didn’t like this proposal already. The younger wasn’t planning on spending his whole day in a monotone office, behind stuffy files. He wanted to do some fun things like bowling, going to amusement park and eating ice-cream and not to forget all these with his hyung. Since when had the older started to negotiate things with him? Earlier it had been easy to get things his way, but know it looked like it was lot harder. He shouldn’t have gone abroad, his hyung changed too much. He sulked further and he knew he had to do it when he saw a stern look in Jimin’s eyes.

“Fine! But what is the guarantee that I will finish on time. Do I get a deadline?” Jungkook said as he had no other choice to ask further questions. Otherwise the older won’t even consider going back with him or letting him stay with him.

“Of course, we work with deadline and you are no exception. You are getting three days Kook-ah, if you can’t finish. No other word about moving, nor you coming here or me moving back, understood?” Jimin said with a stern voice. He knew otherwise this knucklehead won’t give up and they could argue about it the whole day. But he needed to work harder today since new project details needed approval. He needed to take off his mind by diverting his attention on other matters.

“But what if I can’t finish and there were some problems with the files? Will you move back with us or can I stay here?” Jungkook asked since he was feeling desperate, because he didn’t want to see his hyung in pain. He didn’t want to leave the other alone as he had already done it for last two years and he was regretting it now.

“No lame excuses. You are in or not. And yes I will think about it.” Jimin said hurriedly because the younger wasn’t in the mood of letting it go easily.

“Okay so go back home and get ready for work. I will meet you in the office.” Jimin said and he was thankful that the younger wasn’t being difficult anymore. Jungkook left sulking and Jimin still didn’t understand how it had become so easy. He knew the younger from two years ago would have done more exaggeration but no today. Jimin was confronted with his loneliness once again. He combed his hands through his hair and rubbed his face. He sat down for a moment, coming back to his senses and thought about what he was going to do next.

***

Jimin was walking to his office when Jin asked him to sign some important files. He needed to review them quickly because of the urgency of the new project. After putting down his bag, he realized he still hadn’t seen the younger. Where is this kid? Jimin wondered. He proceeded with reading the files and signed them. He called Jin to his office.

“I have signed these files and the designs look really good. Have you heard anything about the ingredients and when the test product will be here?” Jimin handed the files to his employee.

“Thank you, sir. I will inform you about the matter as soon as possible. I will take my leave now.” Jin bowed and he was about to turn away.

“Wait, have you seen Jungkook around?” Jimin asked as he bit his bottom lip wondering where the younger could be.

“No sir I haven’t. Young master still isn’t here. Mr. Jeon already asked me about him too.” Jin responded and he walked out the office and leaving a confused Jimin behind. He was scared that Jungkook’s father might give him a good scolding for being late on his first day at work. He went back to other files which needed his attention. He looked at the clock again after couple of moments and it was already 9:30 am and still no sign of the younger. Jimin was busy with one of the files when his office door flew open.

“Hyungggg, I am sorry I am late. Mom won’t let leave without breakfast and I had to find some appropriate clothes.” Jungkook explained as he was out of breath from all the rushing. He saw his hyung taking off his glasses. He wondered since when had Jimin glasses. It looked cute, he shook his head what was he thinking, he scolded himself. Jimin could see the younger’s hair was messy. He didn’t know if it was Jungkook’s hairstyle or was it because of the air.

“It’s your first day and you are late. It also gives me one more reason to not let you stay at my place or moving back.” Jungkook heard the older and he was in shock. How could this happen and why? He was going to lecture his mom after this. It’s all because of her that he was late and now he was being scolded by his hyung. He was almost never scolded by the older.

“That’s not fair hyung. It wasn’t my fault you know it.” Jungkook stomped and he pouted at the older in the hope it would work. He took the seat in front of the other and placed he food bag on the table. Jimin looked at the pouting Jungkook and he was reminded of their younger days.

“Enough with this pouting and all! You are not six anymore and come with me I’ll give the needed files.” Jimin said as he gestured the younger to follow him. It was not going to be an easy day today. He could still see a pout on the younger’s lips and he cursed inwardly. It was getting really harder for him to not kiss that pout away. His Jungkook was only back since yesterday and he was already losing control on himself.

“Don’t forget your food.” Jimin pointed at the bag still lying on his desk.

“It’s for you hyung. I know you didn’t have breakfast this morning.” Jungkook said and there was that bunny smile again. Jimin felt his heartbeat getting faster and he was sure his cheeks were getting pink by the moment. He looked away and flipped his hair. It had become a habit to do, whenever he was nervous or embarrassed.

“Okay let’s go”

***

Jungkook was sulking in his new office and he had a mountain of files to go through. It was 9:50 and he was only able to read first file. Why was his hyung doing this? This wasn’t fair? He had only asked the older to move in with him? Why why? He wanted the older to feel loved and he wanted to be there for him. He needed to make up his mind if he could do this then he could live with his hyung and that’s what he wanted. He needed to do his best either way if he liked it or not. Jungkook’s stomach grumbled when he opened a new file and started writing the important points. Why had he run so much, now he was hungry again?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter