Anniversary

Unreachable • On hold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin was relieved that his project had been approved. He had expected more resistance from his boss, but to his astonishment one reason had been enough to convince the other. ‘Maybe it was because his beloved son is coming back and he was just too happy’ he thought. That son was the reason he couldn’t sleep the whole night. ‘How is it going to be when he comes back’ he wondered rubbing his eyes.

It had been two days since Jimin had heard that Jungkook was coming back next week from abroad. His heartbeat got fast as he lay in his bed after he had pushed his alarm off. He pushed his blankets away after he felt his body heat up at the mere thoughts of the younger. Jimin felt guilty every time he would feel hot all over, just thinking about him. It wasn’t right, he knew it pretty well, but he just couldn’t help it. He tried everything from diverting his attention to taking cold shower and even ignoring the other, but had nothing worked when Jungkook was still here, in his heart.

When did his feelings changed for the younger, he didn’t know. Was it the time when Jungkook hung on him like a koala? Was it when he wouldn’t let him leave on a school trip? Was it when he would almost demand him to cook and would reject everything the housemaids had prepared? Was it the time when Jungkook would sneak into his room and climb up on his bed and snuggle into him? Were his feeling always there ever since the younger had made him a promise to protect him?

In the beginning Jimin had given Jungkook the place of his younger brother, but gradually his love grew deeper and he couldn’t do anything about it. He still didn’t know what had made him think otherwise about the younger. Maybe his doe eyes, maybe his bunny smile, maybe the way he hugged Jimin, maybe the way his attention was only on him whenever he said something.

Jimin pushed himself up and rubbed his temples since he could feel it was going to be a long day. He had to finalize details like color and the bottle of their new perfume. Today was the day when he had lost his everything 16 years ago. He felt guilty that his family had lost their life and he was left behind experience new things in life.

Why couldn’t he just go with them? Why did they leave him behind? Why couldn’t the glass just pierce though him a bit harder? His mood wasn’t great nowadays and with Jungkook coming back, it made him more agitated. He wasn’t ready to face him not with his feelings still raw for after he had been away for 2 years. When the younger was here it had been an inner battle for him. He didn’t have the energy to go through it again.

Jungkook’s father had told them that he would be going away for two years. Jimin’s world had crumbled because he had never thought of living without Jungkook after being with him since he was six. The younger had clung to him and begged him to talk to his father, but Jimin didn’t give in for the first time. It had been hard see his Jungkook sulking, pouting and on the verge of crying since he didn’t want to go away. It was a matter of two years.

He had to accept the fact that the younger wasn’t his to begin with. He had talked to him and given him the positive side of if he would he go, he could become the next CEO. Jimin was surprised when the younger had bluntly rejected the thought of becoming the next CEO. He had threatened Jungkook to go and he had been lucky that the younger had listened.

After Jungkook went Jimin had done the unthinkable, he had blocked Jungkook on his social media and his phone. He had heard from Mrs. Jeon that Jungkook had been whining about it, but he had given her good reason why he had done it. He had reasoned that he wanted to give the younger his space to learn new things without him being present in his life.

It had turned out good at the beginning he was feeling good, but with the more time passed Jimin felt more guilty and restless. He still wanted to know what was going in Jungkook's life. His only source of knowing was Mrs. Jeon, but he couldn’t just ask her whenever and whatever he wanted. The choice he made had led him to feel lonely and he had dug his own grave. He started to feel restless and everything in the house reminded him of his love. As a result he decided to move out. He hadn’t gotten the permission at first form Mrs. Jeon, but eventually she had agreed. Blocking the younger and moving out of the house had also positive effects, like Jimin wasn’t thinking about him not as much as he did or he tried to convince himself so. He wasn’t reminded of his feelings and how the younger could never be his.

He had cursed and cried himself to sleep every night when he had thought about the idea of Jungkook finding someone abroad and falling in love. Why had he let him go away? He should have given him reasons to stay. Jimin was being selfish he knew it, but he felt helpless. He just wanted to be receiving some love from the person he loved unconditionally. The kind of love he had for the other, unfortunately he was never going to receive it back.

Jimin pushed himself off bed since mulling wasn’t going to get him anywhere. He stretched himself and went to the bathroom. His eyelids swollen and his back ached, he shook his head for beating himself like this every night.

‘Great’ he thought after seeing his eye bags. He took a shower and made his way to his room. Jimin was thinking about what to wear, when his phone rang. He thought about who it could be. He picked up his phone from his bed his phone. It was a reminder of picking flowers for his visit today to his parent’s grave, but he already knew which flowers he wanted.

The tears sprang in his eyes as he sat on his bed. He let out a trembling sigh and breathed in deep. It was an attempt of settling the sadness in his heart. Jimin encouraged himself that everything was going to be alright because it was needed to go through the day. He dressed himself and put on some makeup since he didn’t want anyone to know that he had been crying whole night. After he finished styling his hair he went to the living. His days began with confronting silent that was to be found in every corner of his apartment. Jimin locked his door and went to garage. His busy day had just begun.

//

Jimin stopped at the bakery to pick up something for breakfast. He was regular costumer at the Sweet Desires. He really loved everything they had and curse him for having a sweet tooth. He needed to treat himself after all that had been going on in his life. Today he settled with caramel macchiato and donuts.

Jimin took the elevator, after reaching his office he sat down at his desk and took a moment to breath. He sipped his caramel macchiato and took a bite of his donut. The knock on his office door made him put down his donut.

“Come in.” he said still chewing on his donut.

“Good morning, sir. How is your morning?” his assistant asked as he bowed.

“I am fine, thank you. Have you looked into the possibilities of picking up a potential model for our new project?” Jimin asked.

“Yes sir. I have gone through all the models that are open to the idea of androgenicity. I have compiled them all together on the basis of their prior work.” His assistant said as he handed him the file.

“I will look at it. Thank you for your hard work!”

“Oh wait, can you send Jin. I need to ask him about the progression of this project?”

With those words his assistant left and Jimin opened the file and went through the possibilities. It contained the recent pictures, the projects they had done till now and their contact information. Jimin was lazily skipping through the file while munching on his donut and suddenly one picture caught his eye. Jimin picked his phone and called his secretary.

“Mr. Choi, I need you to contact number 7 and make an appointment for a meeting as soon as possible.” Jimin said as he emphasized the word as soon as possible.

With the possible model chosen he had to finalize the color and bottle today. Jimin heard a knock on his door and he already knew who it was.

“Come in.”

“Sir, good morning.”

“Good morning take a seat.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter