Family

Unreachable • On hold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin made his way to the Jeon’s house. They were the people who had taken care of him since he was six. After his parents and his younger brother died in a car accident he had been with them. He was left alone in this world with no other relative ready to take care of him. The reason for this all was, Jimin’s parents had eloped since their families weren’t happy with their union. He had never really known his grandparents or his aunts or uncles; the young man had only seen them in photographs. With nowhere to go; his father’s boss took him in.

Jimin was thankful for it, he really was. His father was a loyal employee; he had worked hard through ranks through in their company and thanks to his father’s loyalty he had a shelter to stay. After all these years he still felt lonely in their huge house. There weren’t people he was missing but he missed personal contact and a connection with someone.

Throughout the years the Jeon’s had taken care of him very well. They had paid his hospital bills when he was left behind with broken ribs, arm and a leg. They had paid for his clothes, his school and tuition fees. Mr. Jeon was one hard individual, he wanted things his own way. Jimin liked Mrs. Jeon better, she was a loving lady, and she had pampered him like her own son. Ever since they had taken him in she never had treated him as a child of other. She was happy that she had another child to take care of since they only had a son.

Jimin had been an obedient child; he had worked hard at school and he did his best at dance classes. At some point he had to give up his passion for dance since Mr. Jeon thought it would lead him nowhere. He was enrolled in business school so he could work under Mr. Jeon. Jimin had thought about it and indeed he had found the idea going to business school more appealing. This way he would be able to repay the Jeon’s. At those moments Jimin missed his parents dearly. He wanted a normal life, he wanted to shower his younger brother with love and tell him to be a good son and study hard. He really wanted to dance but things weren’t going to turn out the way he wanted.

Jimin sighed as he pushed the doorbell; he heard someone approaching and the door opened. “Good morning young master.” The maid said wiping her hands with her white apron; she was wearing on top of her dark blue dress.

“Good morning, Aeri. How are you?” Jimin asked as he stepped inside.

“I am fine young master thank you. How is your morning?” she asked smiling.

“It’s alright.” Jimin replied looking around. He was surprised, he saw every maid working in every corner of the house. ‘Is there some kind of party?’ he thought. As far as he knew there was nothing of that sort and there were no festivals coming up.

Jimin was still deep in thought when he heard Mrs. Jeon coming down stairs. “Jimin-ah, you are finally here.” she said. Jimin was surprised how happy she looked. ‘What happened?’ he asked himself.

“Yes, Mrs. Jeon. I am sorry I am late the traffic was horrible this morning.” Jimin apologized.

“How many times do I have to tell you, don’t call me Mrs. Jeon. It makes me feel like a total stranger. Call me mom like I told you.” she clarified with a stern voice.

“Okay, Mrs.-I mean mom.” He corrected himself. He didn’t mind calling her mom since she had taken him as her own son but at this time of the year it was really difficult for him. Jimin looked around as he saw the maids busied themselves with polishing every corner of the house.

“Is there a party, mom?” he asked out of curiosity.

“No, silly. It’s even better!” Mrs. Jeon told him as she smiled brightly.

“What is it?” he asked confused.

“He is coming back.” Jimin’s heart skipped a beat when he realized who he could be. He knew pretty well what it could mean. He had avoided this feeling and tried to convince himself that it was nothing. All his efforts would be in vain now. He knew deep down his heart, it would be really hard to avoid the other. He didn’t know what to say or do. Jimin just hadn’t prepared himself for this kind of news, when he had woken up this morning.

“That’s great, mom” Jimin managed to say through all the uneasiness he was feeling in his chest.

“I am so happy. He is finally coming back after two years. He has worked so hard.” She said with a proud face.

“I am sure he has.” Jimin felt his heart sank further the more they were talking about a certain someone, he had done his best to forget about or he was convincing himself he did.

“You are gonna stay here when he comes back right. Like the old days.” Jimin felt his breath hitch when he thought about staying in the same house as him. In the old days they were kids and all these feeling weren’t there to make everything more suffocating. Jimin was feeling oblivious since he didn’t know what to do anymore.

“I will think about it-”

“Oh come on! Don’t be like this. It’s gonna be fun. You have known each other since you were babies.” She said and she pulled Jimin to the kitchen. Jimin thought about when he met the younger for the first time, he was six. He wanted to run away and hide in a far corner in the dark. He didn’t want to see the younger. He knew the consequences. He knew what was going to happen if the dark haired male will be near him.

“Have you eaten, Jimin?” Mrs. Jeon brought him back to reality. He looked at her confused since he hadn’t heard what she said.

 

“Sorry?”

“I said have you eaten?”

“I have before I came.”

“OK, then I will make you a cup of tea alright. Which one do you want mint or chamomile?” Mrs. Jeon asked pouring the hot water in the tea cup.

“Mint tea please.” He said still looking at his hands which were shaking a little.

“Here you go and I made this raspberry tart. Take a bite and tell me what you think. Will Jungkook like it?”

Jimin’s heart skipped a beat when he heard the boy’s name. It wasn’t the first time, but every time he heard it, it made him feel butterflies in his stomach.

“I am sure he will love it. He has always loved your cooking mom.” Jimin said as his tears threatened to fall. He had memories of them eating Mrs. Jeon’s dishes. It reminded him of his own mother. She loved cooking for her family and he had happy memories of them eating in the kitchen. Jimin felt guilty that the memories of his own family were more faded than of his ‘new’ family.

“You are such a sweetie. You know what to say to make me feel better.” Mrs. Jeon said, she ruffled his hair excusing herself to go check on the maids. Jimin was left alone with his mint thee and raspberry tart.

n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter