Reunited

Unreachable • On hold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook was feeling nervous since it was for two years he had been away from home. Today, he was finally back. It had been an easy decision to come back early then planned. Jimin was really important to him and currently he was traveling back from the airport, and the anticipation was getting bigger by the second. He was playing with his sleeves and images were fresh in his mind, when he had first met the older.

Jungkook was only four back then and he had seen a boy with bruises and bandages all over him in arms of his mother. He had felt sorry for the unknown boy. Jungkook wasn’t heartless; he had seen his bruises and his arm and leg were plastered. It had made him give his favorite bunny to the other with a smile on his face. He remembered he had almost cried himself, when he had seen Jimin cry.

Before Jimin came along Jungkook had felt lonely, when he was all alone in his big house. He had always wanted a sister or a brother to play with. At last his prayers were heard when his parents had brought Jimin to their house. The younger was really happy, even if in beginning it was difficult to talk to the other, since he was only crying and asking for his mama. A smile crept on Jungkook’s face as he remembered how cute his hyung had looked. Every time he would try to calm him and he would look at him with a pout. Sometimes Jungkook would make silly faces to see Jimin's eye blinding smile.

Once the older had begun to warm up to him, they had become inseparable. Jungkook would go to Jimin to ask anything and everything. On his first day to the elementary school he even wanted Jimin to sit next to him when he went to his new class. The older had stayed with him for one period, but then he had to go to his own class. As a result Jungkook had started crying and didn’t want his hyung to leave. It had taken one pinkie promise for him to calm down. Jimin had promised to bake chocolate chip cookies for him if he was a good boy. Jungkook had nodded his head eagerly and hadn’t cried for the rest of the day and his hyung always kept his promises.

“Young master, you look happy?” Jungkook snapped back to the reality when he heard his driver.

“Yes, it feels good to be home. It has been just too long.” Jungkook answered as he thought what his hyung could be doing. In his mind he already knew the answer; it was the day Jimin had lost his family. It was the most difficult day for him, but also for Jungkook because he couldn’t see his hyung sobbing and walking around lifelessly.

It was the reason he had decided to come earlier. How he had come to know about the day, it was when he was eight. His family used to bring Jimin to his parents and brother’s grave every year around the same time. It had made Jungkook confused since he didn’t know where they were going and what was happening. Till then Jungkook wasn’t allowed to tag along. In his eighth year he made an exception, he wanted to see where his hyung was going every year and why he always came back broken with his eyes puffy and red.

The sight he had seen Jungkook had never been able to forget. It was the first time the younger heard someone crying so hard and sobbing their heart out. At that moment he could hear his own heart shattering into million pieces. He didn’t know what to do, to make his hyung feel better. He made a promise to himself that day, then and there, that he would never let his hyung cry for any reason. Jungkook had already loved the older, but he loved him even more after he had seen that side of him. He had come to realize how lucky he was, he had his parents, a good life and above all he had got to know Jimin, but Jimin had nobody other than him and his family.

Now he was here he was going to scold his hyung pretty good for breaking contact with him. He had been sulking and even crying at first when Jimin hadn’t tried to stop him from going abroad and then without any good reason he had blocked him. Jungkook needed to calm down a bit since it was emotional day for his hyung, but he still was mad. It didn’t mean he would forgive the older so easily.

“Are we going directly home, young master?”

“No, take me to the cemetery and stop at a flower shop on your way there.” Jungkook held his breath and he had realized how close he was to seeing his hyung again. His heart beat fast and he rubbed his thighs. They stopped at the flower shop he asked for the same flower like every year. Suddenly he felt the rain drops falling against his window as he looked out, it looked like it was going to start pouring any moment. Jungkook was worried about Jimin since he knew how he got on this day. He was worried if he had an umbrella with him or even noticed that it was raining.

***

The car stopped in front of the cemetery gate and Jungkook took the umbrella from his driver and the flower still in his hand, he stepped outside. He had been here enough times to know it by heart and his legs started walking after opening the umbrella. The younger could already see a figure sitting on the ground in front of a tombstone and he knew whom it belonged to. Jungkook unconsciously started walking faster as it started to pour. He could hear his hyung’s sobs, he came closer and his heart broke all over again at the thought that after all these years, the pain was still the same. After seeing the heartbreaking scene unfolding in front of him, he knew the pain was still unbearable.

He fought his own tears and covered Jimin with his umbrella. He saw the same flowers Jimin brought with him every year; daffodils and purple Hyacinth. He could see the others clothes were drenched from the rain. Jungkook wondered how long he had been sitting there. He remained silent and had always brought a white rose to pay his respects and this year wasn’t any exception. He was about to put the rose on the grave when Jimin turned himself and looked in his eyes and his eyes grew in disbelieve.

Jimin was sobbing just a moment ago, when someone had covered him and he had turned to look. He wasn’t expecting his Jungkook to be standing in front of him. Jimin scolded himself for getting his hopes up and he cursed that his mind was playing gaming with him again. There was no way the younger was here, he was going to come back next week.

Jimin was stunned when he felt movement behind him and the younger put a white rose on his parents’ graves. It was that moment when the realization hit him, it was all real. He was here, and he was right in front of him. With all the emotions bubbling in his belly and it was too much for him when he started sobbing again. Jimin felt the younger man’s arms engulfing him, like they had always done in the past. He had just realized how much he had missed this feeling. How much he had missed the warmth of the other. How much he craved for this. He knew he could never have more than this, but at least he was able to get this much.

Jimin hugged the younger tighter and held onto him like a lifeline. He was afraid if he let go, his Jungkook would just disappear. He wanted the younger to be there by his side. He had had enough in the past two years and he had hoped that his ing feelings would subside from the distance. Curse his luck, it had only got worse. His brain wasn’t working right when he felt the younger rubbing his back and placing a kiss on his hair. Jimin’s mind got fuzzy as he started to tremble from all the emotions and as well as from the younger man’s touch. Not to forget he also started to feel cold and warm at the same time because of his wet clothes. He tried to fight his consciousness but suddenly everything weighed too much and his eyes closed.

Jungkook had known the moment he had touched the older, he was burning up. He had hugged Jimin, when he had seen the tears streaming down those chubby cheeks. This wasn’t the sight he had wanted to come back home to. He didn’t want to see his hyung like this. He hugged the other tighter and rubbed his back and kissed his hair. Jungkook stayed like that, it could be seconds or minutes, he didn’t know. When he didn’t hear any sobs anymore, he was relieved but also worried. He pushed the other away from his chest to check what was going on, he saw his hyung being unconscious.

Jungkook panicked internally and he placed his hand on top of Jimin’s forehead. His fever was getting worse and he hurriedly picked him up. Jungkook was thankful he had been working out and now it was easy pick up his hyung, a couple of years earlier it wasn’t possible. He hurried back to the car and he could see even the driver got worried when they approached the car. He told the driver to call a doctor and go straight home. Jungkook put Jimin on the backseat and placed his head on his thighs. The fever was going up and he could hear his hyung whining as the tears spilled again.

Jungkook’s heart broke once again, even in sleep his hyung wasn’t at peace. ‘How did he survive these last two years?’ he wondered. Jungkook knew it was quite difficult for him to sleep at night. He had Kookie to help him fall asleep when he was younger, but ever since he had given it to Jimin he couldn’t fall asleep easily. One night he got the idea to sleep in his hyung’s bed, and it had become a routine for them to sleep in the same bed. Jungkook was worried about Jimin’s health as he told the driver to drive faster.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter