Episode Nine

The Scary Law Student
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode Nine

Park Chorong

 

I stared at Bomi’s face, wondering how a human being can look that peaceful in her sleep. She’s like an angel, too perfect and simple yet you don’t want to touch because it feels like sin. But it was a sin I was ready to delve for…

Slowly, I lifted my hand and her cheeks, as if tracing her. She didn’t wake up; probably she’s in deep slumber. She was snoring cutely, like a silent whisper that seems so adorable. A small giggle went out of my lips, wondering how a human being could be this adorable for her age.

“You need help?” Sungjae asked me while walking around the playground. “What kind of help do you need?”

“I-I… don’t know.” I mumbled my thoughts in haze. “You see, there’s this one person I fancy. My friend, Eunji, said that in order to make things right with this person, I need someone to teach me how to show my real feelings…”

“A person? Ooohh~ so you like someone?”

“I don’t know! I-I’m pretty sure she’s more than a mere friend to me b-but…” I paused, thinking how to fall it down to words.

“But what?” Sungjae raised his eyebrows.

“But I don’t know what it feels like to like someone…”

“Ahh…” He opens mouth wide in emphasis before laughing, “You know, your problem is easier than I thought.”

“Sounds like what Eunji would say…” I mumbled, “So, what should I do?”

He offered his hand as I was about to step down the curb.

“You just need to show what you really feel. The reason you don’t know what like feels like—what love feels like—is because you suppress your feelings a lot. Keep it loose and show it, Chorong unnie. That would surely help.”

“Y-you mean…?”

“Just enjoy your time with her and reflect if your heart is beating because the moment is fluttering, or if she’s the one making the moment heart-fluttering.” Sungjae shot me a grin, “…and if you have trouble expressing your real feelings, you know you can run to me any time, right?”

“T-thanks, Sungjae.”

“That’s nothing! And remember, love is something you feel if you learn to accept it. If you think you really have strong feelings for ‘your special someone’ then accept that you love her first, before you can finally feel it without boundaries.”

I sighed as I recollected what Sungjae told me last night. Keep it loose and show my feelings? I don’t know how to do that. Why are beginnings this hard? Express my real feelings…? Okay, that’s harder than I ever thought.

“Am I that beautiful?” Bomi mumbled with her eyes still closed, catching me off-guard.

 “Y-you were awake this whole time?” I stuttered as I pulled my arm away. “W-why d-didn’t you tell me???”

She laughed, finally opening her eyes and her soft gaze dropped to mine.

“I was sleeping next to the very woman I want to be with forever. Do you think I would want to sleep for an eter

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter