Episode Ten

The Scary Law Student
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode Ten

Yoon Bomi

 

I walked to the hallways of our department, lost in my own happy thoughts while humming in the air. Some of my friends say I got a little brighter lately, and Park Chorong’s the reason behind that. Indeed, she was full of surprises.

“Someone seems jolly today? Got laid—? “I smacked Eunji’s head at her stupid comment. If only I could also rub that grin off her precious face then I would’ve done the same too.

“Shut up, Jung Eunji. Is it so wrong to be this happy?” I mumbled, grinning back at her.

She shook her head no, casually placing her arm on my shoulder as she led me on. “Not really. In fact, I’m happy for you, my dear friend! Just the other day, you were bawling your eyes at me because you don’t know what to do with my Chorong unnie. And now look at you! You look happy like a newborn baby.”

I raised my eye brow. “Newborn babies cry when they first get out.”

“Well not me. I probably laughed out loud at how funny the nurse was carrying me.” She laughed, tapping my shoulder when I stared at her weirdly. “What?”

I shook my head. “You’re just… really weird.”

“I was just kidding, you butthead. I told you right? I bet your relationship with Chorong unnie is getting better now huh? Just give her time to flourish, and who knows? Maybe in time, she can open her heart fully for you.” Eunji even made a heart shape with her hands. “Anyway, Chorong unnie was handling a major case today in the Regional Trial Court. Professor Kim was overseeing the case. Are you gonna watch?”

I shook my head. “I’m starting my internship later this week. I’m just here to pick up some requirements.”

“Really? You got it big. Where are you being assigned to?”

“Well… Busan National University Hospital…”

Eunji opened in shock. “Yah… That’s kinda far. Does Chorong unnie know about this already?”

I shook my head, finally feeling a blue cloud hovering about me. Okay, seems like I’ll be depressed the rest of the afternoon.

“I barely got into this level with Chorong unnie. I can’t risk telling her the news and end up with Chorong unnie pushing me away and pulling me in again.”

“Well, I can give you the perfect moment to tell Chorong unnie about it…”

You know how I learned through these months how some of Eunji’s smiles mean trouble? Her smile that moment was the exact replica of that. It was a smile that says “Beware” but also says “This is the best plan ever!”

And I can’t trust any of those warning signs.

“What do you have in mind?” I groaned, giving in.

“There’s a Grand Ball in the Univer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter