Episode Three

The Scary Law Student
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode Three

Yoon Bomi

 

“You’re… disgusting.” I muttered, staring at Son Naeun while she gulped at her fourth bottle of alcohol in the club. Although I was a regular patron of the place, I’m not and never was a drunkard. Seeing Naeun like this was turning the bolts on my head wondering how exactly she ended up at this point.  Naeun never resulted anything to alcohol. She must be thoroughly broken if she reached this point. Sigh.

“L-let me be, for t-tonight. I-I don’t think I can handle it if I didn’t drink…” She mumbled, a few hints of tears streaming down her cheeks.

“It’s Jung Eunji, isn’t it?” I asked. Mmm… more like said actually.

She laughed an airy one. “It’s f-funny, right? I really have—had a huge crush on her back then. I like her a lot--!!! But what did I do?? I just broke her heart, Bomi unnie! I broke her heart… and in return, she has the power to break my heart every single time….”

“Why did you reject her in the first place? You never told me the real reason.”

“Bomi unnie, love is like death… Ha! The only difference is that sometimes, death is kinder.” Her airy laughs were enough to send chills down my spine. It was like talking to the real God of Love, but knowing he’s nothing compared to that little, fat, winged guy. “Timing is a too. I never had the chance from the start.”

“Tss… What does that even mean…”

She drew invisible lines on her glass. A deep sigh escaped her breath as she wiped her tears away.

“I don’t know anymore…” She looked up with me and smiled. “Don’t be like me. Don’t reject the person you like for your own selfish reasons. If you love her, then be with her. That simple.”

“Being in a relationship doesn’t include love only Naeun. You need commitment, patience, time… all of that.” I chuckled. “I mean, look at me and Chorong. If it’s all about love, we would be married by now.”

“Idiot. That’s a lie…”

“What is?”

Drinking her glass in one shot, she explained. “Needing commitment, patience and time just to be in a relationship. all that, can’t you see what I lost just because of that?”

“Naeun…”

She shook her head, a firm expression on her face.

“If you both feel the same way, be together. Don’t be idiots who waits for things we thought is needed in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter