Episode Four

The Scary Law Student
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Scary Law Student

 

Episode Four

Yoon Bomi

 

“Bomi-ah, this is Park Chorong. You can call her unnie, okay?” My dad introduced that short girl right before me. She was pretty, to simply put it. A jet-black hair and brown, boring eyes. I didn’t mind if it seems boring though. I was boring myself, a cold-hearted girl with those cold-hearted eyes.

That was who I was, but everything changed when she walked into my life.

 The wind blows, carrying the blossoms with the breeze. It felt fresh, like a whole part of me. Her hair was scattering with the wind. Too perfect, too beautiful for me to see.

It was like being trapped in an illusion, a beautiful one. Something that whispered love songs in the back of my mind I couldn’t recall. But far more than that, her voice was sweeter than any romantic melody I’ve ever heard.

“Hey…” That was the first word she told me. Her fingers were fidgeting nervously, probably because it was her first time getting introduced like this. I couldn’t tell anything, not even a decent hello. I was tongue-tied, I guess, and still always am whenever she’s near me.

For once, Chorong is aggressive, a little bit too intimidating and scary. Kinda boring as well, as she loved to spend time alone and pretty much only that.

But more than that, she has the best way to lead me breathless, speechless with her actions.

You might’ve thought I was crazy, the two of us. I didn’t mind how she keeps falling to someone else, a new one every day. I think she’s crazy too. She kept running to me even when we both know she doesn’t like me.

God, why does she not like me?

 

Eunji snapped her fingers in front of my eyes, waking me up to reality.

“You’re lost in space. What are you thinking?” She asked, going back to her laptop as she finished editing some video for the school documentary film.

“Just something…” I sighed, “By the way, I have a question.”

“Shoot away, my dear friend!”

I took a deep breath, trying to reform the sentence in my head so it wouldn’t seem so weird, so obvious. Who am I kidding? Her eyes already say she knows.

“So, let’s say you have this person in your life. She’s free to leave you any time she wants. You like her but you also know it won’t happen. She keeps dragging you in and pushing you out. You know whatever you have is not something real… permanent at le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter