Episode Eight

The Scary Law Student
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode Eight

Yoon Bomi

 

“Yah, Park Chorong, what are you doing here? They are grilling some meat in the back yard.” My younger self called out at the older girl. She was standing in our home’s terrace, looking down and lost in thoughts.

She turned her head and gave me a small smile, “N-nothing.”

“Weirdo.” I muttered, standing next to her and taking a deep breath. “Wow that feels so nice!”

Chorong giggled, looking up at me due to my taller height. “Right, huh? I like it here… It feels so nice…”

“Mmm…”

My young self knows nothing about love, but as she suddenly wrapped me in a hug, she got me into another world. Her scent lingering with the wind, her soft touch that sent my heart beating…

“Hey Park Chorong… when we get older, will you marry me?” I blurted that out of the blue, still in trance due to her actions.

She pulled away, her cheeks blushing. She was taken back, clueless… but… but she…

“Ye-yeah…” She answered, staring back at me with a same expression as mine.

We don’t know what love is then… but as we got older, I realized that moment… wasn’t a lie either.

 

“Lalala~” I hummed to myself as I walk to Chorong’s home, planning to surprise her tonight. I was in a good mood, although I’m not sure why. I guess it was because finally I found the courage to pursue Chorong for real. If she doesn’t feel the same way, I would fight my way to get there. I would do my best to win her heart!

Unconsciously, my grin got wider at that thought. People might think I’m weird for grinning at nothing that night but I didn’t care.

Even the thought of Chorong unnie was enough to make me smile… that’s how whipped I am for her.

Well, happiness sometimes is momentary.

I walked down that familiar road, the street the led to the playground in Chorong’s neighborhood. I saw her there, standing by the curb as this stranger held her hand.

Aish… There she goes again, with those men flocking around her, I thought.

 “Yah, Park Chorong!” I screamed, walking over them with a childish frown on my face. I wasn’t mad, but I wasn’t okay with it either.

“B-bomi-yah… H-how…”

“Already cheating behind my back? How can you do that right in front of my eyes?!”

Chorong giggled after I said that. Did I say something wrong? Why is she giggling? That’s scarier than her usual expression.

“W-what did you say? Cheating? Really, Yoon Bomi?” She laughed some more, before turning to this stranger with a wide smile. “I guess I’ll just see you tomorrow, Sungjae-yah. My chaperone is already here to send me home. Good bye?”

C-chaperone…?

“Okay, Chorong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter