Last Chapter

The Scary Law Student
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Last Episode

Park Chorong

 

It was my first time seeing something so magical, so wonderful.

I walked in the venue, only to be marveled by the scene around me. A huge hall decorated with silver and gold, it was like a dance organized for royalties. Everyone was in their gowns and dress robes, looking magnificent as ever. That got me a little bit insecure, just some simple white gown and light make up.

I wasn’t one for parties, at least formal parties like this. I guess I was too caught up by work and the only things I made friends with are the cases piled up in my office room and the lawyers and profilers I get to work with every day. Just a few more months until my graduation… Soon, I’m getting ready to welcome the real world.

“Don’t feel too pressured. You look dazzling tonight, Chorong noona.”  

I quickly turned my head only to see Yook Sungjae with the playful smirk he always has after work. Donning a simple black dress robes, he looks like some Disney prince. It looks perfectly good for him.

“You look nice as well, Sungjae-yah…”

He chuckled, “Your date isn’t here yet?”

“Oh, Bomi said she’ll be running a little late. I think she’s on her way now though…”

The two of us stayed on the side, watching as the sea of college students walked in. Among the crowd was this woman in pink lace gown that looks soooooo good on her. She looks like a total goddess!

“Oh, Chorong unnie? You’re here!” Son Naeun greeted a smile on her lips as she enveloped me with a side hug. “Bomi unnie is still not here, yet?”

I nodded my head, “She’s running late. How about Eunji?”

“Oh…” I noticed the slight frown on her face at the mention of the name but she quickly covered it up with a smile. “I don’t know. She must be with her partner.”

“And her partner is…?”

Before Naeun could answer, the host of the evening already walked up the stage, signaling that the ball is about to start.

“I heard that the opening dance will be from the representatives from the different departments.” Sungjae commented, glancing at me. “Do you know who’s dancing from our department?”

I shrugged my shoulders, staring at the dance floor where people made a huge space in the middle. I must’ve been too absorbed about the people around that I didn’t notice someone behind me.

…not until I felt her hand wrapping mine.

Just there, behind me stood the very woman I was waiting for the whole night. She was wearing a cute blue suit and a black tie that was a bit crooked.

“B-bomi-ah!”

She flashed me a grin, engulfing me in a hug. “Chorong unnie! You look wonderful tonight!”

I blushed at her compliment, silently thanking because she was hugging me. She can’t see how my cheeks turn a deep shade of red just with her words.

That’s what I thought until she pulled me away, and intense gaze on me made me more flustered than I already was.

“Did you wait too long?” Bomi softly asked, my cheeks gently.

I nodded my head, shyly turning away. “Mmm… way too long.”

She giggled, pulling me closer to her. “Then perhaps… did you miss me?”

I couldn’t say no.

Naeun gagged as she glanced at us while Sungjae was just laughing. “You guys don’t have to make me feel so alone tonight, you know?”

Bomi turned to Naeun and laughed. “Why? Eunji didn’t ask you to be her date?”

“Argh! Don’t remind me of that filthy little rascal!” Naeun had that dark look in her eyes again, something I only see a few times. “I asked her out last night, but I found out that she already has a partner…”

“Cool… Wait until you find who her partner is…” Bomi snickered before taking a glance at Sungjae who was standing next to me. “Oh, you can go and partner with this law student guy, Naeun-ah!”

“My name’s Sungjae…” He tried to introduce himself but Bomi was just grinning widely, pulling her friend and pushing her to Sungjae.

“Have fun, you two! Especially you, Son Naeun~”

With that, Bomi pulled me away to leave those two alone. I was kinda lost, until I realize Bomi was bringing me towards the entrance of the venue again. She carefully placed my hand in her arm and led me in a line with a few pairs of people who were waiting outside. I was kinda confused, until I spotted Eunji standing jus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter