Apricity VII

Apricity
Please log in to read the full chapter

Everything was damp when Ravi woke the next morning. He groaned as he sat up, feeling the goosebumps rise up on his bare arms and back and looked towards the window. It was fogged for the most part but he could just make out the soft pink hues of the sky through the glass where moisture had begun to run. He fumbled around, searching for his shirt, a blanket; something to cover himself with as he swung his legs over the side of the mattress, his feet finding his slippers and settling into the worn, lambskin interiors. 

Taekwoon was still wrapped up in the sheets, head turned away from him with his face half-buried into the pillow and arms folded underneath him. He was a fitful sleeper- the boy seemed unable to stay still for more than twenty minutes without needing to find a new position. Ravi didn't mind though. He always woke up at the crack of dawn anyway. 

He cupped his hands and blew into them, attempting to circulate some warmth as he stood. His feet shuffled against the wooden floor as he attempted to mobilise his stiff limbs, urging his legs to take bigger steps, his hands grappling at the bedposts to aid his balance. Taekwoon let out a quiet moan and he froze where he stood, eyes darting towards him. The boy's eyes were still closed, long lashes brushing his flushed cheeks and hair strewn over his forehead, spilling out over the pillow. 

How sweet, he bit his lip and moved over to the window, using his palm to wipe away the condensation and give him a smudged view of the field outside. He drew a long, contented breath and sat down, leaning on the wall and bringing his knees up to his chest, the blanket he had managed to find draped over his shoulders. 

He sat there for a while, drifting in and out of sleep for possibly another hour before Taekwoon began to stir. The boy's eyelids began to flutter and he hugged the pillow close to his chest as he arched his back, backside rising into the air slowly as he trembled with the first seconds of wakefulness. He looked around for a moment, seemingly confused as to where he was, before smiling sleepily "Ravi?"

"I'm here."

Taekwoon glanced over his shoulder before turning onto his back, yawning "What... hm... you doing?" His voice was heavy and his eyes refused to open up to more than slits. He ran his hands over his face and rubbed them hard with his fists.

"Wondering when you got so pretty," Ravi smiled. That wasn't entirely a lie- but it wasn't entirely true either. Taekwoon had always been pretty; Ravi had never appreciated it so much before. 

They both sunk into a long, somewhat comfortable silence as he continued to watch the boy. His eyes trailed over the sharp line of his collarbone peeking out from under his shirt and the soft curves of his hands; the length of his neck and the symmetry of his face. In the rose light, he seemed to glow. The quilts still covered most of his body from the waist down but one foot peeped out from the bottom of the blanket.   

"Can I sketch you?" 

He looked up with wide eyes and tilted his head "Eh?"

Ravi sat straighter and drew his legs closer to himself. "I want to sketch you," he repeated, "In my studio like the plants and the fruit."

He gazed over his knees hopefully as Taekwoon's face stretched into a smile. 

 

Please log in to read the full chapter