Apricity XII

Apricity
Please log in to read the full chapter

Guess who is snowed into her house??? This girl!

Yup, my country has been hit by two different storms and they've clashed into one big storm and now it's sub-zero and snowing non-stop. There are pros and cons to this: 1) I got the day off today 2) So that meant I could write all day

But 3) My final exams are in like 4 months so as much as I hate it, I have to be in school and the snow isn't helping and 4) I am losing my mind not being able to go out anywhere!!!! Like, seriously, I've been so restless all day  T_T

Anyway, on to the update :)

 

His hand paused for a brief moment behind the canvas, the graphite being drawn back in mid-air as he peered over the frame. Twin chocolate brown pools dragged themselves up and down Taekwoon's body slowly, patiently. The boy was wearing a brand new silk shirt and black trousers, a matching bow tie draped loosely around his neck and under the open collar. He was seated on a quilted leather sofa, arm balanced on the back and legs neatly crossed at the ankles as he looked over his shoulder, exposing his profile perfectly. He'd been sitting for just over an hour now and Ravi had only just finished the basic outline of his body.

He knew he could probably work faster if they hadn't taken so many breaks but Taekwoon was in a fitful mood and Ravi, as always, indulged him. He managed to stay still for the most part though which made it easy for him to capture the basic shapes he needed. The pose suited Taekwoon well. It was more complicated than the last portrait, the last one had seen the boy simply lying in Ravi's bed, eyes closed and the blanket wrapped around his waist- just like that first morning after he had asked to sleep with him. That had displayed that childish innocence Ravi had come to love, as well as his seemingly unassuming nature; but now the artist had decided to challenge himself.

After his altercation with Hongbin Lee, he had been reminded of just how enigmatic the Taekwoon was. He gave so little away; it was obvious why Hongbin had attempted to make his move in the living room the night before. And Taekwoon, for all the discomfort he had shown when Ravi had entered, hadn't made any verbal attempt to stop it- no cry or scream... Nothing. It was somewhat puzzling to him. 

Ravi still knew so very little about the boy. Now he wanted to convey that mystery in a new painting.

He knew this probably wouldn't sell as well as the last one did but it was worth a try even if it was bought cheaply and, anyway, it had been nice to live comfortably for a short time. Afterall, they did say that artists were only ever really successful when they had died so being able to accept relative poverty wasn't as hard a pill to swallow as one might think.  

"Ravi?"

"Hm?"

"Cold."

Ravi lowered his pencil and peered over the top of his canvas, noticing that Taekwoon had let his position drop ever so slightly. His head had rolled back and lips were parted, eyes half-lidded and the milky flesh of his neck exposed. His free arm, which had previously been in his lap was now loosely wrapped around himself. "I can put more wood in the stove if you want," Ravi cleared his throat and made to get up, setting his work down and wiping his hands on his trousers.

But, as he crossed the room, Taekwoon's long fingers encircled his wrist, warm and unrelenting. "Cold," he said again, eyes widened now and sparkling with something the artist couldn't quite place as he raised his head once more. "Are you sure about that?" He knelt down beside the couch in front of him and rested his chin on the leather arm coyly. He smirked and gently prised the boy'

Please log in to read the full chapter