Apricity XV

Apricity
Please log in to read the full chapter

"You can't be serious, Hakyeon."

"But I am!"

"What sort of concoction has Jaehwan been giving you?" Ravi rested a palm on her forehead and she swatted it away with an angry scowl. He smirked and sat back in his chair as she huffed "Look, I'm just saying we should consider the possibility. Think about it: you found him wandering around the moor, the obsession he seems to have with flowers, the way he fails to grasp even the most basic human concepts; what if he didn't get his age wrong?" She crossed her arms over her chest.

Ravi let out a long sigh and shook his head. "It's not possible. You're talking about a myth!" 

He wasn't sure how long they'd been arguing for exactly, but Jaehwan had yet to call them into the bedroom and Hakyeon seemed all too convinced of her 'theory'. He groaned and ran his hands over his face "Look, stop being hysterical-"

"Oh, you want hysterical?" She scooted closer and tweaked his earlobe, making sure her nails dug into the soft flesh and eliciting a sharp cry before she moved back to her original position, a satisfied smile on her lips. Ravi pouted and rubbed the minor injury. "Don't ever say that again," she muttered, "Anyway, you're the 'crackpot artist' of the town."

He chuckled and arched an eyebrow "I'll be a rich crackpot artist if my paintings keep selling the way they are."

"How many have you sold again?"

"Seven in the last two weeks- and let's not discount my share of admissions charges at the gallery. I've become rather popular."

Hakyeon let out a loud scoff "No, Taekwoon is popular. You're just the one showing him off to the world." She tilted her head slightly "Are you ever going to take him to the gallery? I'm sure he'd love to see your work on display." Ravi knew she was right about that. He could see Taekwoon's eyes lighting up now. But he didn't think the boy was ready just yet. It was customary for the model to be present at any party held in the artists' honour but Wonshik had simply been making the excuse that Taekwoon had come down with a terrible sickness and was housebound. After all, Taekwoon had barely any concept of language and Ravi wasn't sure how he'd react around so many people. Besides, he liked his muse to have an air of mystery and that would be lost the second he showed his face. No, it was best to keep him here for now. 

"If you two are finished..." 

Both their heads snapped up, eyes widened in surprise. Jaehwan had his arms folded, leaning on the doorframe with his eyebrow raised  "He's woken up." 

Ravi jumped to his feet, not hesitating to rush towards the door when the doctor stopped him with a firm hand on his chest. He frowned at him questioningly and Jaehwan sighed "I said he's awake; I never said he was ready to see anybody."

"What?" The artist took a small step backwards but didn't back down completely.

"He's feeling very ashamed of himself at the moment. He remembers what happened and his head is alright- no concussion- but he is very upset."

Hakyeon cooed

Please log in to read the full chapter