Apricity VI

Apricity
Please log in to read the full chapter

Ravi frowned at Hakyeon. "Who? I don't take many guests here."

Her shoulders heaved a short shrug and she shook her head "I believe they said their names were Mr Lee and Mr Han... Something about a new business they are advertising." Cold callers, he should have known. He huffed and turned his back to her once more, helping Taekwoon put the shirt on properly and beginning to work on fastening the buttons. The boy let him, staring with wide-eyed curiosity. "Tell them I already sell my own products!" He called, loud enough so he knew the gentlemen heard from the doorstep "My paintings are quite successful!" That was a lie. True, he sold his paintings, but not at particularly high prices or to particularly distinguished clients. 

"We know, Mr Kim!" A voice yelled back "However, we aren't looking for any sort of partnership! We seek to offer a new form of entertainment! An evening out for you and your lady friend perhaps!"

Suddenly, Hakyeon blushed terribly and Ravi found himself cringing. "Just go to them," she muttered "I will take care of him for a few moments. The Madame doesn't need me back for an hour or so yet." Ravi felt his stomach churn at the mention of the woman he so hated but didn't argue. He assured Taekwoon that he would not be gone long and told Hakyeon to close the kitchen door and help herself to something to eat while he was gone. 

"Alright, What do you want?" He demanded as he strode down the hallway to where the two men were stood waiting patiently. His hands were clenched at his sides and his eyes narrowed ever so slightly when he laid eyes on their faces. They both looked barely over eighteen. All large, fake smiles and obnoxious stares. Entertainers indeed. "Come in," he invited bluntly "Be quick about it."

The two young men obliged, removing their hats and hanging them on the little, rusted hooks on the wall. "My name is Hongbin Lee and this is my associate, Sanghyuk Han," the shorter of the two introduced as he led them into the sitting room, not minding the papers piled high on the table or the uncomfortable glare of the sun gleaming in through the polished window. Like he said, He didn't welcome guests often- especially uninvited ones.

"Who was that who opened the door just now?" The other one, Sanghyuk asked. He was taller than Hongbin; everything about his physique seemed stretched and narrow. Ravi fixed him with a hard glare, knowing already what he was implying "None of your business." 

"I've seen her about town," Hongbin tilted his head, setting his sleek, leather bag down on the floor beside him and lifting his hand to shield his eyes from the white glare of the sun. "Well," he snorted "Not so much seen her as heard her reputation... She is quite prolific. One might even say an oddity."

Ravi set his jaw as he lowered himself down onto the settee, crossing one leg over the other and folding his arms "What are you getting at? And I suggest you check yourself before insulting a lady, Mr Lee."

"Is that what she is?" Sanghyuk chuckled, seating himself on one of the stools placed against the West wall, careful not to disturb its peelin

Please log in to read the full chapter