EIGHT

Last Autumn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

At home after taking a warm shower, I go sit down at the balcony having a cup of warm coffee. Nam Joon and Yoongi were in their room, Tae Hyung playing the video game at the living room and Jin at the kitchen. I don’t know what he doing, maybe having a late-night snack. Then I hear Jimin, Jungkook and Ho Seok coming because I could hear Ho Seok scream in joy. I smile also when I hear him. He is a happy virus. A few minutes after that, Jin goes to Nam Joon and Yoongi room call them to join too then I saw him go to my room.

“Oppa...” I call him from the balcony.

“What are you doing there?” He asked.

“Nothing just having my coffee.” I said makes him smile.

“Do you want to join us having a late-night snack?”

“No, I will go to sleep after this. Plus all of you will drink and I don’t.” I said makes Jin put his arm on my shoulder.

“You can’t drink but you can join our fun.”

“No, next time....”

“Ji Ae...actually I hear your conversation with Jungkook. Why you don’t follow your heart this time?” He asked me with his calm voice as if he tries to understand while listening to me.

“I won’t give him false hope.”

“You could tell him the truth....”

“It the best if he or any of your member don’t know at all. They will move out soon right?”

“Yes, maybe next week.”

“Good then.”

“This weekend you go to visit Aunt Mi Kyung?”

“Yes for the routine check-up.” I said.

“Sorry, I couldn’t company you that day.”

“I know you have works to do.” This time they will go to Japan again then go to America for their concert. I will not see them for a week maybe. After talking with Jin for a while, he goes down and I get ready to sleep.

The next day, they all going up early and having breakfast together with me. They will go to the airport and I will go to my class. They all carry their luggage out and let the Manager Goo and his assistant, Manager Song put it in the car. Jin hug me before going out and tell me to take good care of myself since I will be alone. Tae Hyung closes the door since he the last person out. The house becomes so empty without them even though it just a few minutes they left. Suddenly Jungkook opens the door and gets inside. I’m a bit surprised but he just smiles happily at me. I wonder why.

“I don’t want to feel regret and even though I already told you before but I want to tell you again.” He said and walk toward me.

“I know what I saw and I confident......” He said again. He is a very persistent person. If he keeps approach me like this, it hard for me to stay firm because I keep falling in love with him over and over again.

“We will come back just in time for the company dinner and I wish to be your partner for that night. If you wear this bracelet that’s mean you said yes and that night also will be our 1st day.... I gave you time to think about this.”

“Why are you so confident?”

“Because your eyes telling me that you like me too.” He said in smile sweetly and I automatically also smiling with him. He put the small box in my hand.

“I see a ray of hope.....” He said before going out back. I can see him happy this time. I go out and saw the other also standing there at the stair waiting for him. When they saw me all of them smiling happily at me. Are they know about this too? I look at Jin and he smiles brightly at me. Then my phone ringing I saw it a text message. I open the folder and read it.

“Grab the chance and be happy my little sister.” Jin said makes me smile more. I watch them leave and I go inside to grab my bag. If I know how good it feels to let my heart follow its way, I definitely won’t deny it. I feel so happy and I keep looking at the bracelet in the small box. I bring it along with me without I’d knowing.

The weekend is here so Aunt Mi Kyung fetches me from the bus station. I wear the bracelet Jungkook gave me. I feel like he is with me and it makes me feel strong and less nervous. From there we go to the hospital directly. I change into the patient clothes and let the nurse take my blood and I do a few more check-up. After done with everything, I sit down while Aunt Mi Kyung sits down next to me and Dr Ong in front of us. I look at his face and I could guess it not a good sign because I could feel it in my body.

“It’s ok for telling me the truth. How much time more do I have?” I asked bluntly make Aunt Mi Kyung slap my hand slowly and Dr Ong seems surprised but then he takes a deep breath.

“It’s really bad but I just a doctor. I’m not a god so, you could live longer than that maybe. As long as you take care of your diet and have plenty of rest.” Dr Ong said and Aunt Mi Kyung looks at his computer screen. She cried when she saw it and I feel sad too because deep inside me I praying for a miracle.

“I understand.” I said and clench my hand tight to prevent myself from crying. I look at the bracelet at my wrist and I nod. I will do what my heart says this time. I will grab whatever good comes to my way and I want to be selfish this time.

“Aunt...let’s go for a drink!” I said to Aunt Mi Kyung when both of us going out of the hospital. Aunt Mi Kyung looks at me then she smiles.

“Ok, we should drink at the time like this. Just eat and drink whatever you want tonight.”Aunt Mi Kyung said and wipe her tears. We go to the supermarket and buy whatever I want. At home Aunt Mi Kyung cooking the food that I want while I go to my room. I just cried my heart out then I go shower. When I think it’s time Aunt Mi Kyung should be done with her cooking, I go out but I hear she’s talking in the phone and crying.

“Poor my baby, Jin-ah..... The doctor said she just has less than 6 months more....” She said and I close the door once again. I don’t want she saw me crying and I don’t want she know I heard her.

That night we just drink while having our dinner. I saw Aunt Mi Kyung cried and then laugh and cried again. I don’t know why I can’t get drunk no matter how much I drink. I keep laughing but my tears keep falling. When we finish our drink, I let Aunt Mi Kyung sleep in her room while I take a walk at the beach. The night air feels so cold plus the wind from the sea too. I take a sit under the lamp post and looks at my phone. I called Jin.

“Ji Ae-ah....Are you ok?” He asked but I just cried.

“Oppa, I miss you so much. Wish you’re here now.”I said and I could imagine how he looks if he saw me crying right now. He will think of anything and makes me smile again even though he cried with me too.

“Ji Ae-ah.....”

“Oppa, I have a very hard day today. I know my body very well but I still hoping for a miracle.... Pabo Kim Ji Ae.” I said and laugh dryly.

“Ji Ae-ah...Where are you?”

“At the beach....”

“Alone? Are you drunk?”

“Yes.”

“Aunt Mi Kyung?”

“She’s also drunk but sleeping already.”

“Could you go home now? It’s dangerous when you drunk and alone.”

“Oppa.....Oppa.....”

“O, Ji Ae-ah.”

“I will see you tomorrow?”

“Yes.”

“Could you hug me without saying anything tomorrow? Can I cry in your arms too?”

“Yes.”

“Promise?”

“Yes, promise but you have to go home now.”

“Ok. I will go home now.” I said and go home while talking with him on the phone. He doesn’t want me to hang up until I reach home safely. I lay down on my bed and I just fall asleep without hang up.

The next morning I’d wake up because of the knocking sound at my door. I open my heavy eyelid and saw Aunt Mi Kyung’s head pop in between the door. She looks at me with smiles.

“You must get up now or not you will miss your bus.” Aunt Mi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter