FIVE

Last Autumn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                                      

I wake up when I heard someone talking next to me. I look around and saw Jin talking with CEO Kim. From CEO Kim expression, I can see that he felt uncomfortable. Is it because Jin takes my side again? Is it because he had to come to the hospital because of me? It's hard for me to read him or understand him. So, I just watch them silently.

“Because of you, she can’t have a proper rest. She keeps working and study....” Jin said.

“So, you want me to do what? Stop her from working?” His voice sounds irritated with Jin's protest.

“Yes.”

“Ok.” He said like he wants to stop Jin whining. I know he won't surrender easily. He will get back to me soon. If I the one say this, he might said, you can go back to Wando immediately but because Jin the one that told him this. He has to give in but he never thinks even a little compassion toward me.

“Ok...?” Jin's asked because he can't trust him.

“Yes, ok. She won’t go to work with your guys. She will stay in the office instead.” I know this. He never agrees without any condition. He wants me to breach the contract so he could get rid of me forever. I won’t give up so easily and I will try my best until he acknowledges my hard work and me as his daughter.

“Opp.....pa....” I call Jin but my voice so low and husky too. I can't stay silent anymore because I felt more disappointed and anger builds within me. I don't want to hate him or angry at him. Jin turns around and looks at me.

“O, Ji Ae-ah. Are you awake now?” He asked and I nod.

“Do you want some water?” He asked again and I nod. My throat felt so dry and rough. Jin helps me to drink some water while CEO Kim just looks at us without saying anything. After helping me, Jin goes out from the room to get the doctor left me alone with CEO Kim.

“I don’t know that you’re so weak like this. If you think this is too much, just give your resignation letter and go back to Wando.” CEO Kim said. He never misses any chance to belittle me but I just smirk at him. Nothing new but I still feel hurt with his cold and insensitive words.

“It’s still too early to say I will give up.” I said as I challenge him. He looks at me once again with showing any feeling and he just leaves me alone without saying anything. No goodbye or words. I look at outside the window, it’s raining. Just like how my heart crying right now. I wonder until when I could stand all of this ill-treatment from him. I'm not a that strong person but I try to be strong and fight for what I believe. Because I don't want to feel regret later.

“Kim Ji Ae....” I heard someone called for me so I turn toward the door. There he standing with his sweet smile. The bitter feeling that I felt from CEO Kim just disappeared when I saw him. He walks toward me after he closes the door.

“How are you feeling now?” Jungkook asked.

“Much better.” I said and gave him a little smile. I saw Jin get inside the room too and Doctor closely following from behind.

“Oppa....” I called Jin desperately because I afraid the doctor or he will say something that Jungkook does not suppose to hear. Lucky Jin seems to understand and look at Jungkook.

“Jungkook-ah, can you wait at outside first?” Jin said calmly and lead the way so, Jungkook could go outside. Jin closes the door but Aunt Mi Kyung holds the door. Another person that can make me feel scared even though I’m laying on the hospital bed. Jungkook looks surprised with Aunt Mi Kyung spontaneous action.

“Why you don’t tell me yesterday?” Aunt Mi Kyung asked after Jin close the door. She looks at Jin first then to me.

“Aunty, I’m fine.” I said in a calm voice so she could calm down after a long ride and from worry too.

“You’re not fine!” Aunt Mi Kyung burst out. She talks with the doctor and they seem to discuss something then they leave the room. Jungkook sees doctor and Aunt Mi Kyung left so he goes inside. Jin and Jungkook sit down next to me and talk then the boys come and make the room so noisy with their laughter and jokes. Lucky Jin chooses VIP room for me if not we will disturb other patients. Aunt Mi Kyung goes in and carries a few cups of sweet coffee with her. She gave Jin and the boys one by one except for me.

“You will rest for a few days until your ‘cold’ gone.... Jin, I told you to watch her diet, right?” Aunt Mi Kyung said. She knows I don’t want others to know I’m sick. So, she used the word cold instead.

“Yes.”

“She lost her weight much in one month. It’s not good. If she refused to eat, just force her.” Aunt Mi Kyung said and I make my face.

“I do eat well....” I said make Aunt Mi Kyung glance at me. I don't dare to look at her so I look at Jungkook instead but he just smiling at me.

“Ya, you did.” She said in sarcastic.

“Feed her a lot of meat. I want her to gain weight again if not you will come back with me young lady.” Aunt Mi Kyung said to Jin and me.

“Yes, ma’am.” I said and Jin just smiles at me.

“If she likes this with me, I will be very happy. A very obedient girl looks very cute to me....” Jin teases me and I throw pillow at him but he dodges it.

“You are the one that always gave in to her that why she behaves this way. Very spoil brat.”Aunt Mi Kyung said makes me laugh. I never heard she call me that.

“I’m a spoiled brat? Wow, that new. Is this how you both talks behind me?” I asked but then the doctor gets inside the room kill all the fun and he tells us something that Aunt Mi Kyung always told me. Take a lot of rest and don’t tire me. Aunt Mi Kyung, Jin and the boys all listen to the doctor closely. I could feel something is not good. Have strict Aunt and one brother that always overprotected is enough for me and I don't wish to have another 6 brothers more.

Aunt Mi Kyung stays after all the boys going home. She just talks with me like she always did. I just listen to her and chip in a little about my opinion too. Aunt Mi Kyung sometimes likes to discuss her patients with me and I will tell her from my point of view as a patient. Sometime she will tell some random jokes that she heard and we will laugh sometimes she looks at me to study my expression whether I enjoy or not. 

“Anything you want to tell me?” She asked like always in her calm and concern voice. She wants me to keep talking about myself, about what I felt and about what I keep in my heart and mind.

“Not really, wae?”

“You seem to have a hard time. Does he make you work hard?”

“Nothing new about my father, he’s always the same person as I know.”

“How about Jungkook?” She asked to make my heart beating. I smile and look at her.

“Does it hard to stay on guard every time you with him?” She asked again.

“Not so hard.....” I denied it.

“Don’t lie in front of me. I know you very w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter