THE ENDING

Last Autumn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

A WEEK LATER

I’m sitting at the bench while looking at the sunset. It feels good to be home once again. The air felt more fresh here and the view is still the most beautiful thing I ever remember. The only thing different now is the house never empty and there is no more Aunt Mi Kyung and I only. Since the boys come here following me, I never have silent moment anymore. The only silent time is when they all go to sleep. It’s funny to me because I never thought that I could get used to them. I don’t really like noisy and I always like to be alone that’s why until now, I never had a close friend but since I moved to Jin’s house and spend my time with them. It’s become habit.

I enjoy my alone time at the outside bench while they making dinner. Too much cooks will spoil the soup, well that’s happen in the kitchen right now. All 8 of them in the kitchen and they said they split the task equally but I don’t think that happen right now because I could hear Yoongi voice and Ho Seok laughing so hard at something.

“Yah!! Yahh!!! Tae Hyung-ah!” Yoongi said.

“What is this?!” Ho Seok said while laughing.

“Hyung!! Is this right?” Jimin asked while the other argue and laughing at the same time.

“Just trust me!!!” Jin said. Hear them can make me laughing and it sound so funny. I don’t need to see what they are doing right now I could imagine what it was like in there. I can expect the kitchen is in mess with pots and ingredient everywhere. I couldn't focus reading my book because of them. I keep listen and laughing at them.

I saw someone park his car in front of our yard. At first I don’t recognize him but as he getting near, I feel a bit surprise to see him here. He carried something in his hand too.

“Hello....” CEO Kim greets me awkwardly. I stand up and bow at him like I used too.

“For you....” He said and gave me a bouquet of baby breath. My favorite flower.

“Thank you.” I said and take it. I look at him and he doesn’t look like his usual. He looks tired and haggard even though he wear his best suit.

“Can I talk with you?” He asked me. I never hear him talks with me in slow and respectful before so I feel awkward at his change.

“Sure.” I said and I lead the way to the beach first. This is the only place we could talk without disturb. We walk side by side. CEO Kim still looks macho and handsome even though he aging right now. He’s like a Pierce Brosnan or George Clooney. I could see who Jin takes after from his handsome look.

“Ji Ae.... I’m sorry.” He said and stops walking. I also stop walking and look at him. All this time I want to hear this from him but when I hear from him now, I don’t feel relieve at all. I feel sad. I don’t want his apologizes after all. I want his love. 

“I know all this time, I’m a stupid person. I’m really selfish and cruel toward you. I know I don’t deserve your forgiveness but I still want to apologize because I want you to be at peace.....” I saw tears fall on his cheek and he wiped it fast. I can see he really regret it. See him like this bring me more hurt and pain only. I don't want to see him cried because of me.

“Appa....” I called him and he look at me. I wiped his tear and he hold my hand without saying anything we both breakdown and cried. I don’t want to see he blaming himself again and I want him at peace too. It’s time for both of us start all over again and forget the past. Open the new chapter even though it a short one.

I bring CEO Kim home with me to join me dinner with the other too. Aunt Mi Kyung is at home after done with her morning shift. They all a bit surprise to see CEO Kim with me.

“Take a seat here.” I said and let him sit down in the middle of the table while Aunt Mi Kyung sit down at the other end.

“I take another set of plate.” Jin said. CEO Kim smile and nod at me awkwardly while looking at the other too. They all froze but when they saw I’m take a sit next to him, they all follow me and sit down too.

“Let’s eat while the food still warm.” Aunt Mi Kyung said and looks at me. I gave her a smile to ensure her I’m fine. I’m really fine tonight. Actually I'm very contented.

I hold my chopstick but I hands just froze in mid air. I don’t know what should I eat. The food all look good though but don’t judge by its cover. I don’t dare to eat first so I wait until someone eats first. I don’t want to be a taster or guinea pig. I saw Aunt Mi Kyung eat first while the other all focus on her. Wait for her approval.

“Hmm...It’s taste so delicious.” Suddenly I heard from CEO Kim so I look at him. I don't know why I feel so touched with his simple words. Feel so thankful that he tried his best to break the ice and be kind to all of us.

“Jinja?” I asked him not only because I don't believe him but I just want to talk with him more. He smile at me and nods.

“Hmm..Jinja. Did you cook it?” CEO Kim asked Jin but Jin shakes his head. I keep looking at him and smile too. 

“Jiminie did.” Jin said. Jin and I both don’t believe what CEO Kim said so we taste it. It’s really delicious. 

“Waaa...the soups taste really fresh and nice.” Aunt Mi Kyung said and this time Jungkook smile.

“I did it.” Jungkook said and smile proudly. CEO Kim take a piece of Spicy Kimchi chicken stew and put it on my plate. I’m gladly accepted and eat it. It’s taste a bit salty but I happily eat it because it from CEO Kim.

“The stew a bit salty...” Aunt Mi Kyung said.

“Sorry....” Nam Joon and Tae Hyung said makes we all laugh.

Lucky the stew is a bit salty because of it the atmosphere becomes lively and less awkward. The stew is the ice breaker. That’s make the moment so perfect right now. They start to teases each other and dinner becomes merrier and noisy. What I longing for all this time finally come true. Tonight is really the 'Last Supper'. That painting come to my mind right now. No matter what happen tomorrow, I have no more regret or wishes. I'm really happy.

“Will you walk me down the aisle tomorrow?” I asked CEO Kim makes all eyes on us right now.

“It’s my honour to walk with you.” CEO Kim said makes me feel so happy.

“Thank you.” I said and he holds my hand.

“No, I’m thank you.” He said. 

THE ENDING

The wedding is very small and private. We don’t invite so many people just close friend and family only. I don’t need anyone else because I have them all with me now. I wear my wedding dress that Jungkook personally pick it for me and we both agree to do it by the beach because we have so many good memory at the beach. We choose time that almost sunset because that was the most beautiful view and magical time of the day for me. The candle along the aisle is lighten and the small bulb hanging above the altar also lighten make it more beautiful. I'm very satisfied with all the decoration.

“Are you ready?” CEO Kim said.

“Yes.” I said. I follow his footstep. I don’t wear any shoes just barefoot sandal which makes it easier for me to walk on the sand. Hyo Seop played the piano when CEO Kim and I walk on the aisle.

As I walk pass the guest seated, I look at them one by one. I remember our time spend together and the memory that we created. Nam Joon is the one that always supported me from behind silently. He’s not the kind of person that always nags you to make you do the right thing. He just show it to you and sometime he simply put his hand on your shoulder to encourage you. Then I look at Yoongi that seat next to him. Yoongi is kind of person that always speak what come in his mind. He’s never sugar-coat it even though his nickname SUGA. He will explain it to you over and over again until you understand it. That’s what I like about him. Reality is unfair and harsh. Then there is Ho Seok. He’s the opposite of Yoongi. He will always put smile on your face even though it sacrifices his image. He’s the clown or the mood maker in group. He’s never serious except when he dances. You can see how much he likes to dance and he really happy when he did. Then there is Tae Hyung. He’s never said anything that can hurt you but he will help you as much as he could. He’s the warmest person I ever known. He’s will stand by your side when you need him and there is Jimin. Jungkook’s love and hate relationship. They never stop teasing each other but that make the atmosphere become so merrier and never lonely. When they all together, they could make me feel so complete.

Then I saw the last person between them all, Ahn Hyo Seop. He’s the one that help me so much. If I know him before Jungkook occupied my heart, I think I will fall in love with him. He so caring and willingly sacrifice himself for my happiness. Without him, maybe I won’t be here today. He’s the one that always tell me to be brave and strong beside Jin. I really thankful to have someone like him. Without knowing I shed tears when I remember our memories. I wiped my tears and smile at him. Then I look at Jin. Jin’s not just my brother but my father too. He takes that place instead of CEO Kim and always protected me and loved me. I saw Jin hold Aunt Mi Kyung’s hand and she’s cried. I know she cry because of happiness. Aunt Mi Kyung is my world. She is my mother and gave me loved when no one by my side. She never stop courage and believing in me even though sometime she doubt it.

As I walk closer to the altar, I look at the last person that brings happiness to me. Jeon Jungkook. He gave me a very special gift from all of them. Because of him, I want to fight and hoping for miracle to happen. Even though my heart stop beating I still want to see his smile

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter