Chapter 2: Love or Lust at first sight?

One Night To Forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Almost six months had passed when Minah got married, but still, Jiyeon wasn't able to carry out her plans. It's not that she was backing out, it was because she didn't have enough courage up til now to do it.

 

Another thing is that her friends beat her up with their lecture. Everytime they meet up the only topic they talk about was her plan. Til now, her friends haven't gave up on convincing her to have a boyfriend in a normal way.

 

She wanted to go with their suggestion to make them stop, but until now she haven't met some one who can make her heart flutter, or catch her attention, at least.

 

But every time she's all alone inside her condo unit the push becomes great to go through her plan. Specially when she sees or watch a couple on TV going all lovey-dovey. She wanted to experience that too.

 

It's not that she didn't have suitors. Jiyeon is beautiful, with her pale skin, huge eyes and small face which she inherited from her Mother. A lot of girls back in her school days (until now) were envious of her features since she never went under the knife. And her straight long brown hair that reach her waist was so soft and smooth.

 

A week ago she had her hair cut short up to her shoulder because she got bored with the conservative hairstyle she have. But that didn't lessen her natural and elegant beauty. Her new hairdo made her slim body more prominently which she takes care of by working out.

 

Jiyeon was one delightful package that a lot wanted to own and posses.

 

It's just that she was a snob. That maybe because she was born with a silver spoon in and that she was the youngest and only girl in their family, she has four older brothers who spoiled her rotten, giving everything that she wants since she was the only princess in the family. And to top it all she was a licensed architect and works as a junior partner from one of the architectural firm in Yeouido. That was why she was hard to reach, as what others say.

 

Even with a lot of men who wanted to court her they couldn't go near Jiyeon with her status in life.

 

 'A blessing or a curse?' she mentally ask herself that while driving her car going to a dinner engagement.

 

The Hannam village where her boss will celebrate his birthday is kinda far. The whole office staffs were invited, and even told them that if they want they could bring some of their friends or husband and wife since it was a family gathering, but as usual she was all alone.

 

The party had already started when she arrived at around eight in the evening. Her boss, Mr. Jung Yunho, greeted her warmly, he was with his wife greeting the arriving guest.

 

"Sajangnim~," she greeted smiling to the birthday celebrant. "Happy birthday!" she said then gave him a kiss on the cheek. She's not shy to show sweetness to the old man even with his wife was facing them since Jiyeon visits the elegant mansion of the Jung's more often. They treat her like one of their own child because after she graduated from college she had been working in their firm.

 

"Jiyeon-ah, are you alone?" Mrs. Jung Haeri ask her warmly before looking behind her.

 

"Neh. Just like other times." she answered then gave the old lady a kiss on the cheek too.

 

"Aigoo! I would be very happy if you would introduce someone to us as your boyfriend." Mr. Jung joked.

 

"Ah yeh, I would work more harder on finding myself a boyfriend." she act like making a promise. "Looks like you have a lot of guests, Sajangnim. I can have a lot of propects here."

 

"Hmm... Later I will introduce someone to you. Check him out well, alright?" Mrs. Jung instructed  before shooing her to mingle with the other guests.

 

A smile was still pasted on Jiyeon's beautiful face when she walk towards the group she was with back in the office. She chatted with them for minutes, but later on she excused herself and went to the luxury buffet table and tried some of the foods in there.

 

Holding a plate in her left hand and fork on the other she came nearer the foods on display. Her eyes twinkled when she saw a single prawn onto the big tray.

 

'The caterers haven't refilled it yet.'

 

She was hesitating whether she should take the remaining seafood or not. She wanted to wait for the waiter to put a new platter, but in the end she decided to just take it. Couldn't help it since prawns were her favorite.

 

Holding the fork, she attempted to get the prawn when a hand reach for it too.

 

 Jiyeon grimaced when she realized that the pointed part of the fork hit an unknown guest.

 

Shyly, she quickly moved it away from the stranger and put a hesitant smile on her face before facing him.

 

"I'm sorry..." She really had to look up to have a better view of the owner's hand, she accidentally hit, face. From the looks of it his height was more than six feet because with her 5'6" height she almost didn't reach his chin, to think that her heels are already three inches.

 

"It's okay, I didn't get hurt." His pearly white and nice set of teeth came into view when he smiled at her. He has a dimple on his right cheek so even if he had a slight angular facial features he was still cute. His eyes even smile whenever he laughs. His shoulder looked more broad with his navy blue jacket over a crisp white shirt, the top three buttons were left ed so she had a slight view of his muscular and smooth chest.

 

Jiyeon felt embarrassed when she realized where she was looking at. She put the still empty plate to her left hand and offered her right hand to him.

 

"Park Jiyeon." she introduce to herself.

 

"Kim Myungsoo." He gripped her hand tightly and squeeze it a little.

 

She couldn't explain it but there was something like an electricity that flowed from his hand to her body as their hands were still locked.

 

"You can have the prawn, Mr. Kim." she offered.

 

"Oh, no. You take it. Mr. Park  might get mad at me when he learns that I took the obviously your favorite." he declined.

 

"Thanks." she didn't argue more and did what he said. "And no, my Dad is not here to get mad at you. That is, if you were referring to my father?" her smiling eyes ask.

 

"Well..." Like a shy boy Myungsoo rubbed the back of his head. "It's my way of asking if you're with someone."

 

Jiyeon couldn't help but to laugh with his honest answer.

 

"No." she answered which made his grin grew wide.

 

"Lady luck's with me tonight." His eyes were twinkling when he stare at her which she answered by staring back. Their spoking gaze got cut off when somebody said 'excuse me' from Myungsoo's back.

 

"Oh, the prawns platter had been refilled. Want some?"

 

That was when Jiyeon was like awaken that she slightly shook her head before answering his question.

 

"Yes, please."

 

She started putting food on the man's plate. Everything she gets for her she offered it all to him, until they reached the end of the buffet table. Myungsoo cocked one of his eyebrows while looking at Jiyeon's plate which is so full.

 

"I'm hungry." she explained then shrugged her shoulders to his unspoken question.

 

"Want to eat with me?" he offered. "I'm all alone like you." he added.

 

"Okay," she agreed. She looked both of her sides, hoping to see a vacant table but failed. "I think the tables are all qualified."

 

"Don't worry." He gave her his plate to hold, before taking a bottle of wine and two wineglass, then winked at her. "I know a place, follow me."

 

Myungsoo quickly turn his back on her and walked away so Jiyeon had no choice but to follow him. Like an expert on the Jung's residence, he guided her inside the house where most of the guests are crowding. There were even who called his name, but Myungsoo ignored it. He continued walking, sometimes looking behind him to check if she was following him.

 

When they reached the foot of the stair he momentarily stopped to wait for her.

 

"I will never really get tired of looking at this house." she commented while her eyes are admiring the surroundings.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter