Chapter 1: Experience

One Night To Forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

'Happy birthday to me. Happy birthday to me. Happy birthday, happy birthday...'

 

Instead of the traditional wedding march it was that song which kept playing on Jiyeon's mind while marching on the aisle of Myeongdong Cathedral.

 

She was the maid of honor of her bestfriend's, Minah, wedding with her childhood friend Taemin, which happened on the same day when her mother gave birth to her.

 

It was okay for her though. Anyway, for her the twenty-ninth anniversary when she was brought into this world is no big deal. In fact, she stopped celebrating her birthday from the time she turned twenty-five. It's not that she didn't want to admit that she was not getting any younger, she was just avoiding to get reminded that she's being left alone by the time.

 

But today, while walking slowly she suddenly felt a strong feeling of sadness. She felt a sudden feeling that she was close to disappear from the dates on the calendar, but it feels like that she still missing a lot of things in her life.

 

All of her friends are happily married while she is still single. It's not that she wanted to go after them, going into a complicated life of marriage is still not in her plans.

 

But like the others she wanted to experience how it feels like to have a partner in life, even if it wasn't for life. But the thing is, she doesn't have a boyfriend. Not that she was complaining, but deep inside she was envious of them.

 

Their nights aren't cold and lonely, while hers are....

 

"What I need is..." Jiyeon paused her sentence purposely to give a little suspense with friends on the table. "is a fling."

 

Her friend Zhoumi almost sprayed all the wine he drank when he heard what Jiyeon had said. Eunjung's spoon slipped from her hand and fell onto the table. Her other friend Hyomin hastily covered her son's ears like she just said the most horrible things on the earth. While Inna's mouth hanged open and couldn't utter any word.

 

Jiyeon secretly laugh with friend's reaction. Since high school they were already friends, but up til now they're still not used with her being straightforward when talking.

 

'I wonder what will be Minah's reaction if she was here?' That was what came through her mind.

 

Minah is the only one who was not with them, if she was, they would be complete. Minah was busy entertaining the guests who came for her wedding so she had no time to sit with them.

 

"What came into your mind and said those things?" Inna ask after recovering from shock.

 

"And what made you said that you need a fling?" Disbelief could still be heard on Eunjung's voice.

 

"Why not a boyfriend? Or a husband maybe?" Hyomin suggested in a y tone.

 

"How about you, Zhoumi, what is your comment?" Instead of answering her girl friends questions, Jiyeon ask the only guy in their group.

 

"None. No comment." Zhoumi shook his head.

 

"Good! To answer your questions." she turns to the other member of her friends. "I'm in the right state of my mind, I know what I'm saying. I need a fling because I envy you guys, you can have s*x with your partners whenever you want, while me.. zero." Once again, Hyomin block her son's ears that made Jiyeon's left eyebrow rose up. "What the-- yah, Park Hyomin, your son is only three years, he cannot und

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter