Chapter 11: Decision

One Night To Forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Annyeong!!

For those who raised their feet yesterday, here's the update 😁😁 Happy reading !!

 

 

_________________________________________

 


"Do you have a problem you want to tell me, Sweetie?" Mrs. Park Miyeon ask her daughter worriedly. One week had passed since the sudden arrival of Jiyeon to their home, but until now they couldn't have a talk with her properly. Sometimes she would just locked herself up inside her room or sitting on a swing in their garden while staring into nothingness. She's not even eating properly, always using the reason that she doesn't have an appetite, would eat properly when they would give her chocolate ice cream that seems to be her favorite lately.

 

The worn out and oversized clothes that her daughter always wore didn't escape the sharp eyes of the kind old woman. Even being a sleepy head and lazy manner that was so not the Jiyeon she knew before. And also the unexpected visit of a man to their home a day before which Jiyeon didn't know about.

 

"Omma..." Jiyeon held both of her mother's hand, pulled them up and carress her face with them. She had been silent for quiet a while now, but she knew that she needed to tell them the truth. "I have something to tell you."

 

"You're pregnant?."

 

"What--" she was surprised by her mother's words. 'How did she know?'

 

"Do you want to tell me the whole story?" the older woman ask mildly before taking a sit beside her.

 

Tears started to pooled in the corner of her eyes. She was already expecting her parents to understand, but not like this that her mother was actually giving her the option to tell everything if she want to.

 

"I love you, Omma..." Crying, she put her arms around her mother, who hugged her back.

 

Later on, she started to telling. her mother about it. She told her of everything, from the start til the end.

 

"I think you're being silly," the old woman commented when she finish telling the whole story. "He wants to marry you and you don't want to. But you can't seem to resist his charms. Aigooyah!"

 

"What if he doesn't really love me? How can I be sure that our marriage will be like yours that is still strong even after forty years, until now I'm not even sure if he really likes me or he was just interested with my baby?"

 

"The mere fact that he managed to live with you for the past two months and still stay sane is proof enough. It's not like I'm criticizing you or something, but you are so difficult to deal with among your two siblings, and you try the patience of even a saint!"

 

"Omma, I'm serious."

 

"I am serious, Park Jiyeon. Go back to the man and marry him. All the relationship has no guarantee, not even ours. We might separate eventually--"

 

"No way! You and Papa love each other too much." she protest.

 

"--but we won't know that while it's not yet happening. And God only knows what's in store for us in the future. That is why I want you to follow your heart. Take the risk, it might be worth it."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"How do you do? It's been so long since we last see each other. Oh, God, I wish this would iced tea!" Minah said in the midst of sipping the glass of orange juice.

 

They both like iced tea, but since their pregnancy the two of them avoids any kinds of caffeine.

 

Once again their group is complete. This time the six of them hang out and chatting, catching up at the poolside of the Park's residence. For months Jiyeon was always absent in their group's monthly gathering so every one decided to pay her a visit.

 

"Here, still pregnant." she answered nonchalantly while rubbing her tummy.

 

She was five months along, but even the shadow of Kim Myungsoo never came into her view. Never ev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter