Chapter 9: The Smols line/ UmHa's Date

Highschool with GFriend

Eunha's POV

I was walking looking at my phone when Sowon appeared all dressed up. She dusted herself off and then turned to me. 

"How do I look?" She posed like a model.

"Beautiful as always." I tucked my phone into my pocket and wrapped my arms around her.

Sowon laughed, "You're so cheesy. I bet you say that to every girl." She pouts playfully.

I gasped and let go of her, "I would NEV-Yeah, I say that to everyone."

Sowon laughed but then crossed her arms and pouted," Well then I'm not helping you out with Umji." She turned away.

"Noooooo~~ Sowonn~ Please you have to help me~~" I begged her.

"Look I was just kidding. I don't know where you can take her. You're on your own."

"Sowon, pleaseeee~~?" I begged Sowon.

Sowon scratched her head, "I really don't know, Eunha. Just stroll around the town you might find something."

"Well, where are you and SinB going?" I pouted and crossed my arms as Sowon put her black jacket on and then stuffed things into a bag. 

"I'll tell you where we went and how it went with every detail when we get back, okay? If you still think you need my help; text me. I'll try to reply as fast as I can." Sowon wore the light blue backpack and then turned to me with a smile.

"Alright...I'll try my best. I don't want to bore her. It feels awkward everytime me and her are left alone. Also it makes me nervous when there's a pretty girl near me. " I whisper to Sowon and that makes her laugh and I smile. 

SinB then enters the scene, "Hey Sowon, you ready?" 

Sowon then lost her cool and stuttered, "Ye-yeah. Shall we go?"

Sowon threw a smile at SinB and I swear I know they are in love. SinB nodded with a forced smile. I let out a giggle as I looked at SinB with a smirk. SinB shrugged her shoulders, asking me why I was smiling, but I noticed her glaring at me slighty. I gave a teeth smile and then waved my hand in front of me.

SinB ,then, walked towards the front door. She turned back and I quickly pulled Sowon's arm to pull her down and whisper, "Good luck with your date. If it doesn't go well, can I have a try at her?" into her ear. I leaned away laughing while Sowon just hit me in embarrassment. 

I noticed SinB frown as she cleared her throat, "Let's go, Grandma."

Sowon pouted at her and hit her head playfully, she just laughed it off. SinB held the door for Sowon, who smiled and bowed before exiting. SinB turned back to look at me for the last time and I waved at her whilst smiling. She waved back before exiting and closing the door.

I quickly ran to the window and saw them flirting and smiled. Sowon also found her new partner, eh? 

"When am I going to met mine..?" I whispered to myself not expecting a reply.

"When the time is right, you'll meet your connected partner." I turned my head and saw Umji standing in a adorable white dress. Her hair swept to the right side, exposing the left side of her neck.

She gave me a smile before standing next to me where we watched SinB and Sowon start to head out. I turned to her as she watched outside. She had a beautiful side profile. Her cheeks, that I wanted to pinch. Her eyes, that shined so brightly. Her lips, that were curved up into a smile. Suddenly, she turned to me.

"Shall we head out too?" She asked smiling at me innocently.

I glupped hard and nodded. She stood up and headed to the door. I stood up and followed behind her, expecting her to have left but she stood there, holding the door open for me. I walked up to her and stood in front of her with a smile.

She tilted her head and looked at me confused, "Aren't you going to exi- WO-OAH"

I grabbed her hand and pulled her out, "Let's exit together." I said in english and looked at her with my breath-taking smile.

The smile,obviously, worked because she looked at me with wide eye before turning away and blushing. I giggled and let go of her hand. She looked down at her hand before looking at me again. I nodded my head to the direction the road. She nods. 

We start walking around the town. She would point out something every now and then and as much as I tried, I was terrible at talking to her. I knew what I wanted to say, yet, the words didn't come out right. My brain seems to mix up the singels every time. I was so nervous around her, my palms were actually buckets. 

"Hey, so Eunha, where excatly are we going?" Umji looked at me with the most innocent face ever.

Sweat dripped down my face and my palms became sweater, how was I supposed to break it to her that I didn't even know.

"I-it's a secret.." I pressed my index finger to my lips and gave her a wink but failed.

I turned away, "God, I must look like such a idiot right now."

I turned back to her and started to scan the place, "Is something the matter?"

I bit my lip and tried to think of something at her question, "Ee-Yes!...Uh.."

I mentally face palm myself. I feel Umji step towards me, "What's the problem?"

I turn around so suddenly, it not only suprises her but also me. Without thinking, I grab her hand and intervene our fingers. It takes her a while what's going on but as soon it hits her, she turns bright red.

"The problem is you're not holding my hand." I say but then quickly become embarrassed and try to clean up what I said, "I MEAN- THESESTREETSAREVERYDANGEROUSWENEEDTOBEVERYCAREFULANDIDONTWANTYOUGETTINGHURTORANYTHING." I let go of her hand.

She giggles, "Eunha, you're right. These streets are dangerous. Not only should we hold hands." -She walks up to me with sly smile and holds my hand- "But we should stick extra close. Who knows, what could happen. For that reason, we should be even closer and not let go of each other's hand."

Umji presses up against me. I hold my breath as she rests her head on my shoulder. I heard her giggle, "You know, the moment would've been better if you were a little bit taller, so I could reat my head on your chest or something."

I turn away, "So-sorry. I'm not excatly a dude or anything. I'm still pretty tall."

Umji raises her head to look me in the eye, "Not as tall as Sowon unnie. You're even a little bit shorter than me."

I couldn't really hear what she had said because I was deep in her eyes. I realized she was deep into mine as well but her eyes left mine and looked at something lower but on my face. Her face, turned red again and she seperated from me but didn't let go of my hand.

She covered her face with her free hand, "What are we even doing..?"

I laughed and place both of our hands into my pocket, "Shall we go now?"

She nods still not looking me in the eye and still covering her face. With that, we continued through the town stopping at random places and eating random stuff, basically just roaming around the town. Until we were passing by a pet store and Umji stopped me.

"Eunha, look! Can we go check them inside?" 

"Yeah, sure. Why not?"

Umji's eyes were sparkling as she looked around the place. The whole time she had that sparkle in her eyes when we were in the pet store. It was adorable. 

"Awww, isn't that cat so cute??" Umji tapped the glass and the cat jumped up to try to get her finger. She giggled.

"Yeah..the cutest..." I couldn't keep my eyes off her. I don't know if it was just me, but I swear someone turned off the lights in the whole world and the only light was on Umji. My eyes widen, she was the light. I shook my head and turned my attention to the fish section. The rest of the day was spent with us talking at a peaceful cafe. Then we headed home.

PRESENT TIME AT EUNHA'S HOUSE AT AROUND ABOUT 7 PM

"Wow. You honestly didn't have to tell me the actual whole day." Sowon spoke through the phone, "I believe, I'm aware of our chat before SinB came and me leaving with SinB."

I laughed, "Sorry, the funny thing is you actually listened through the whole thing. Even the start."

I could feel Sowon roll her eyes on the other side, "Yeah, yeah. Hey, give me a sec. My phone credit is running out. Can you do me a favour and face time me instead?"

"Sure." I close the call and facetime her instead.

"Ah, you idiot! Why'd you video call?! You could've warned me beforehand." Sowon's face was very close to the camera and when she saw mine, she quickly moved it back.

I laughed loudly, "Sorry, sorry. I wanted to see your face. Anyway, so your date went well, I assume?"

Sowon sighed and told me everything about her date. Throughout the night we continued to talk to each other until we finally closed the call and went to sleep.

That night, I woke up with a terrible dream. A dream where Umji stood in front of me with anger all over her face. I turned around and saw Yerin's face looking full of guilt and saddness. I turned back to Umji and she started to stomp away. I woke up a little shocked and out of breath but fell back on my bed slept again. This time, there weren't any more nightmares.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for reading! Also sorry for the huuuuuuuuge delay. I've been very busy and other books as well. I'm honestly thinking about giving up on this book. But we'll see, maybe I'll have a burst of encouragement. Anyway, sorry for any grammer or spelling mistakes.