Daniel Choi

Memory Lane [hiatus]

 A/N: WARNING, this chapter contains a couple of foul language (swearing).
There isn’t much swearing so I won’t make this chapter rated but you have been warned.

 

Your P.O.V:

“~~~~~~~”
“~~~~~~~…..”
“Sweety!!”

I heard a faint voice calling me as I began to regain my senses. The voice in my head had finally stopped and I was now calmed. My eyes fluttered open and I was welcomed with blurry shapes in front of me. I blinked several times and my vision began clearing up that I was able to work out the outline of someone’s face.

“Mum?” I blinked a few more times and I was finally able to focus onto the face that was hovering over me.

My eyebrows furrowed together when I saw her smiling down at me. I thought she would never come back for me after I had left her. I ran away from her before and I know she hadn’t followed me so how did she find me?


I noticed that I was lying on the ground and that my head was leaning on my mum’s lap. Noticing my position I was in I quickly sat up. I spun around towards my mum and saw that she had a small smile on her face.

My mum’s hand suddenly caressed my cheeks. I leaned in towards her hand hoping to get more warmth. Her warmth always had comforted me.

“How are you feeling, sweety?” Mum asked with her soft and tender voice that I have missed hearing for the past few years.

“I-I’m fine” I honestly now felt fine now as if nothing ever happened. “What happened?”

“Y-You fainted, I sensed that there was something wrong with you so I came here and I found you unconsciously lying on the ground” She answered.

“Why did I faint? Shouldn’t I be able to resist getting sick and hurt in this world since I don’t really exist?” My eye brows furrowed.
 
“Well that is true that you can’t get sick or hurt while you’re in this ghost state but that doesn’t mean your real bodies condition will improve. Something must have happened to your body… nothing major though. Your body was probably just tired…” My mum said.

 

I started intently into her eyes and noticed that there was something she was hiding from me. I had a feeling that she was not telling me everything that should know but decided to not question it further.

“Okay…. Well I’m fine now so should we go back inside?” I requested.
“Yes, you should go back inside before you miss any important events” My mum nodded and we both headed back into the house.

“It’s getting late honey, I think we should get her bathed and into bed now…”
I could hear faint voices coming from the living room as I walked closer.
I peeked around the corner of the kitchen and wandered into the living room.

Mrs Choi was sitting on the couch with Mr Choi’s arms wrapped tightly around her waist.
“Mmm…” Mr Choi hummed in approval as his hands started to roam around his wife’s body.
“I’ll go unpack her luggage then and you can make her a warm bath-“ Mrs Choi tried standing up to walk upstairs but was pulled back by Mr Choi to sit on his lap.

“Or we can get the kid to unpack her own things…she is old enough” Mr Choi began doing light butterfly kisses over Mrs Choi’s neck. “And while she is doing that we can do some activities of our own” Mr Choi seductively whispered into his wife’s ear. His warm breath sent chills down Mrs Choi’s spine.

“N-No! We can’t do that!” Mrs Choi slapped her husband’s hands off her and quickly stood up. Her cheeks were a deep shade of red as she tried to cover her embarrassment up by looking away. “This is her first night staying in this house and I’m going to make sure she likes it here and won’t run away. I’m going to go get our daughter bathed and into bed” Mrs Choi marched her way upstairs and left her husband alone.

Mr Choi had an evil smirk planted on his face but it was quickly replaced by a deep frown. “That kid is already ruining my fun, ! Now what am I supposed to do with that new toy I bought” Mr Choi scoffed.

“That dirty Bastard” I growled. “He doesn’t even love his wife all he wants her is for ”

“Now sweety you don’t know that, you can’t judge people that you don’t know properly-“ My mum started speaking but I cut her off with my words.

“Yes but I do know him” I spoke with hatred in my voice as I glared at Mr Choi’s back which was now fading away from my sight as he was heading to the kitchen.

Mr Choi opened up the fridge and pulled out a beer bottle and began drinking it. He let out a loud burp after finishing the whole bottle and didn’t even bother using his manners to excuse himself. My nose wrinkled up in disgust at the sight.

“I can’t believe he is the person that was supposed to replace dad with…” I said as I walked up stairs disappearing from my mother’s sight.
Mum sighed “I know sweety, I never wanted to leave you alone in this life time”

 

 

 

 

~Days later~
3rd Person P.O.V:

A little girl wearing a plain white t-shirt and leggings came walking down the stairs into the kitchen. Her eye brows furrowed in confusion once she entered the kitchen and didn’t find Mrs Choi inside making breakfast like she usually did instead Mr Choi was sitting at the dining table reading the newspaper while drinking his coffee. Mr Choi hadn’t noticed the girl’s presence yet. The girl suddenly thought about going back to her bedroom but her stomach had another idea in mind. Her stomach let out a loud growl, she was hungry and she needed to eat breakfast. One thing her mum taught her was never skip breakfast since it was the most important meal of the day.

Seeing that Mrs Choi wasn’t around to cook her breakfast she had no other choice but to get Mr Choi to make her breakfast. The girl gulped as she walked towards Mr Choi with her head bowed. Ever since the first time Mr Choi had spoken to her she had felt awkward around the older man and had a feeling that he didn’t like her very much.

“M-Mr Choi” The girl said with a very meek voice that was barely even considered as a whisper. She was so quiet that Mr Choi didn’t even hear her or he choose to ignore her. “Mr Choi…. Mr Choi, Urgh Mr Choi!” The young girl finally raised her voice to get the attention of the man.

“What?!” Mr Choi put down his paper and glared at the young girl. The girl looked down at the ground immediately, she was to intimidated to look up at Mr Choi in his eyes.

“I-I-…. Um is Mrs Choi around here?” The girl timidly asked.
“Does it look like she is here?” Mr Choi sarcastically answered in a loud booming voice.
The young girl flinched slightly at his loud voice but decided to take a risk in asking Mr Choi to get her breakfast.

“I-I haven’t eaten breakfast yet and since Mrs Choi isn’t here to make me any…. C-Could you make me some?” She stuttered when she looked up to see Mr Choi glaring at her. Mrs Choi so far had been the only one to do anything to help the girl

“Do I look like a house wife to you?”
“N-No” She cowered away from him, scared that Mr Choi was going to yell at her.
“Look here kid, just because you are now legally my child doesn’t mean I will love you and do things for you. In fact I hate you already… ever since I first saw you and heard your name I have hated you. I don’t want you here staying in my house and wasting my money but my wife does so I’ll make a deal with you. If you stay away from me and don’t interfere with me or my time with my wife I won’t make your life a living hell. And when my wife is here I’ll act like the good, loving father that you want. But if you can’t follow any of these rules I will make sure that you will regret the day you were born” Mr Choi smirked evilly at the young girl. “Now do you understand?”

The young girl’s eye widened Mr Choi’s words sunk into her mind. She was correct; he didn’t like her… he just wanted to get rid of her.
The girl’s eyes began to sting as tears threatened to fall.

“Answer me!” Mr Choi ordered.
She bites her lower lip to stop herself from breaking down and sobbing in front of him. Her head moved forward slightly, providing Mr Choi with a nod for her answer.

“Good girl, now go get you own breakfast. You’re big and ugly enough to do that, plus my wife always says how great of a cook you are” Mr Choi chuckled.

The girl couldn’t muster up any words to give him a reply so instead she kept silent and made her way towards the kitchen bench to get a loath of bread. She grabbed out 2 slices of bread and put them into the toaster. She went to the fridge and took out a jar of jam and a plate to put her toast one once it was done.

“You suddenly went silent, huh? What are you? A ing mute” Mr Choi insulted her.

The young girl just tried to ignore his comment and continued on waiting for her toast to pop up out of the toaster. Mr Choi scoffed at the girl and stood up from the table and put his empty coffee cup into the sink.

~Click~
The toast popped out of the toaster and the girl used a butter knife to spread strawberry jam over her hot pieces of toast. Once done spreading the jam she put the dirty knife into the sink. Just as she was about to turn around to grab her toast, the plate containing her breakfast was snatched away from her. She tried to reach for her toast again but the person that took it moved it away from her grasp again. The girl looked up at the person who took her breakfast, Mr Choi.

Mr Choi walked past her with a piece of toast in his mouth and headed towards the front. He grabbed his suit case before chomping down on another piece of toast. As the front door opened, Mr Choi turned around to look at his new daughter.

“I’m going to work, behave while I’m gone. Oh yeah, I don’t want you calling me Dad. Call me Daniel only” Mr Choi said.

The girl just nodded in response.

“And next time, don’t put jam on my toast. I hate the taste of it” Mr Choi smirked before slamming the front door closed.

Once the girl heard the sound of Mr Choi’s car reversing out of the drive way she sighed and her body slide down onto the floor. The girl hugged her knees and began to sob. She couldn’t believe what had just happened; she was so confused and hurt. She was not wanted; she was hated and didn’t know why.
The only thing she knew is that she hated
Mr Daniel Choi.