New home, new friend, new family

Memory Lane [hiatus]

 ~Ding Dong, Ding Dong~

I was woken up by the loud noise of the ringing clock on the wall. My eyes fluttered open as I straightened up my neck which had I had been sleeping with in a awkward 45 degree angle.
"Ouch" I rubbed my sore back neck.
*That's the last time I'm sleeping on the couch*
I stretched out my arms and lazily let them fall onto the spare space next to me on the leather couch. My eyes widened when I remembered that I had fell asleep watching over my younger version of myself sleep next to me. But where she had been sleeping was empty now, she was gone. I got up off the couch and wandered around the house when suddenly I heard voices coming from the upstairs bedroom. I walked slowly up the wooden stairs and I peeked into the room where the noises were coming from.

I was looking into a small bedroom which looked like it belonged to a little girl. The walls were painted light purple which had a few large stickers of animals such as bunnies and butterflies on it. There was a single bed with a dozen stuffed animals on it placed under a window in the corner of the room. Next to the bed was a small, white book shelf that was filled with different story books, nursery rhymes and a few picture books. I walked onto the large circle rug in the middle of the room. Next to my foot was a few colouring books that only had half-coloured in pictures in it and different coloured crayons scattered around the floor.
"Alright so you want to take this one?" A soft female voice came from beside me.
I turned my head and saw the familiar women kneeling down onto the ground holding up a little brown bear in one hand and a suit case in the other hand. The lady was down on the ground so she could look eye level with the little girl that was standing up next to her.
"Y-Yes" The girl responded with a nod.
"You sure you don't want this one ~~~~~~~, it is so much nicer than this bear. Remember that you can only take one" The Nanny said referring to the bear she was holding in her hand.
I understood what my past Nanny was saying about the bear. Compared to the rest of the stuffed toys in this room the brown bear looked old. The fur on the bear was warned out in spots and tattered in others. The left eye of the bear was missing but was partly covered by its ears that were dropping down over its head making it look like a bunny. The stitching on the bears arm was starting to come open and I could see a slight hole was forming.
My eyebrows furrowed together as I asked myself "Why would I pick that toy?"
"It's because it has sentimental value to you" A new voice from behind me joined into my conversation. I glanced over my shoulder to see my mother smiling warmly at the scene that was happening before her eyes. She wasn't staring at me instead she was looking directly at the 7 year old version of me that had just took the bear off of the Nanny and was now holding it tightly in her arms.
"Your father and I gave you that bear on your first birthday; it was actually the first thing we bought in Seoul when we first moved here. You really loved that bear and it was always your favourite toy throughout your childhood" Mum continued to explain.
I looked glanced back over to my younger me; I was still hugging tightly onto the bear to stop the Nanny taking it away from me.
"How did you know I was here?" I turned back towards my mother with an arched eye brow.
"I didn't know where you were at all. I just got this gut feeling this morning when I woke up and decided to follow it and it lead me back here. Your mind just decided that you wanted me to show up and guide you again so here I am. Like I said before ~~~~~~~ this world that we are currently in is all made up in your head so your control what it looks like and what the people inside it does just like you decided you wanted me to show up here" Mum answered.
I stared directly at her face and I knew that she was being completely honest in what she was saying to me. To be honest I had actually wishing that my mother would show up again. I don't know whether it was because I wanted her to tell me what I was supposed to do next or if I just wanted to spend more time with my mother and see her give me another one of her warm smiles. I didn't really care how or why she was here again I was just glad that Mum was back by my side again.

~Ring Ring~

The sound of the doorbell suddenly rung from downstairs.
“Come on ~~~~~~~, I want you to meet a good friend of mine” The Nanny said as she grabbed hold of my tiny little hands and lead the 7 year old me down stairs.
I looked towards my mother for guidance. She just made a sign with her hand telling me to follow the two people that just walked down stairs. I nodded slightly and moved past her and walked down stairs. The Nanny opened the front door and happily greeted the women standing at the door.
“It’s good to see you” The Nanny happily greeted and hugged the lady standing at the door.
“Is everything ready?” The lady in her 30s asked.
“Yes everything is ready. Come in, she is waiting in the lounge room” The Nanny invited in the women into the lounge room.
The seven year old me sat on the couch with her legs crossed shyly and her head hung low.
“Look ~~~~~~~-ah this is a good friend of mine and she is going to be spending some time with you for a while” The Nanny said as she came and sat down next to the younger girl.
The women and friend of the Nanny came and kneeled down in front of the seven year old girl.
“Hello ~~~~~~~, my name is Mrs. Hwang. I’m a friend of your family and your lovely Nanny here. Has my friend been taking good care of you?” Mrs. Hwang asked.
The young girl nodded slightly and looked up at the women kneeling in front of her. The women smiled warmly at the response she had gotten from the shy girl.
“~~~~~~~-ah Mrs. Hwang is going to be the lady that’s going to take you away from here for a little while” The Nanny informed the little girl.
“B-But I don’t want to go” The little girl looked up to her Nanny with pleading eyes.
“You can come live with me for a while ~~~~~~~. I have a daughter the same age as you and she would love to have someone to play with” Mrs. Hwang said getting the interest of the younger girl.
“W-What if your daughter doesn’t like me?” The younger girl asked.
Mrs. Hwang was a little taken back by the sudden question from the little girl and looked over to her friend for help.
“~~~~~~~ isn’t very good in making friends” The Nanny explained.
Mrs. Hwang just nodded her head before looking back down at the younger girl.
“Don’t worry darling my daughter loves to play with everyone and anyone. She also likes making new friends and I’m sure she’ll be happy to know that you’re coming to stay with us for a while”
The young girl just nodded again at Mrs Hwang as she played with her teddy bears which she held in her arms.
“Are you ready to go now ~~~~~~~?” Mrs Hwang asked.
“O-Ok” The young girl hesitantly nodded.
“Alright lets go then” Mrs Hwang grabbed ~~~~~~~’s suit case off the ground and stood up.
“Are you coming as well Nan?” The young girl turned towards her Nanny.
“No, I’m sorry ~~~~~~~ I’m not going to be coming with you this time but I promise I’ll come visit you soon” The Nanny promised.
The young girl looked sad but nodded in understanding as she was lead outside with Mrs Hwang and her Nanny following close behind. Mrs Hwang grabbed her car keys from her pocket and pressed the button to unlock her BMW.
“You can just get in the back seat” Mrs Hwang opened the door for the younger girl.
“Don’t worry ~~~~~~~~-ah Mrs Hwang will take good care of you” The Nanny reassured the younger girl.
My mother and I had followed the people outside to see Mrs Hwang putting the younger version of me suit case in her car. The seven year old girl was about to get into the car when a someone suddenly called out her name making her stop.
“~~~~~~~!!! WAIT ~~~~~~~!!!” A male voice yelled out.
I turned around to see an 8 year old version of Woohyun running across the lawn of his house and going straight towards ~~~~~~~~ with his mother and Seunggyu following behind him.
“Woohyun oppa!” The younger girl ran towards Woohyun and immediately hugged him.
“~~~~~~~ where are you going?” Woohyun asked.
“My Nanny said that I-I’m going to be going away for a while and living with Mrs. Hwang. B-But Oppa I don’t want to g-go” The younger girl stuttered between words while trying to hold in her own tears.
“I won’t let them take you! You can stay here with me” Woohyun tightened his embrace.
“Excuse me; I’m Mrs Nam a friend and neighbour of Mr and Mrs Park. I heard what happened about the car accident… But you can’t just take ~~~~~~~ away because of that. My family would happily take her in and look after her seeing how she is practically a part of the family already” Woohyun’s mother, Mrs Nam said.
“I appreciate the offer Mrs Nam but I sadly can’t give ~~~~~~~ over to you. Your name wasn’t mentioned under guardian in the Park’s will so I legally can’t let you raise her.  ~~~~~~~ is coming to live with me for a while until I can find her a new family to live with” Mrs Hwang explained.
“B-But there must be something I can do to stop you from taking her away-“
“I’m sorry Mrs  Nam but there is nothing that you can do” Mrs Hwang bluntly declined Mrs Nam before turning her attention towards the seven year old girl.
“~~~~~~~ you have to say your goodbyes now” Mrs Hwang instructed.
“N-N-No! Oppa don’t let her take me away!” The younger girl tightened her grip around Woohyun.
“Yah! Go away mean lady! Leave ~~~~~~ and me alone!” Woohyun yelled at Mrs Hwang.
“Woohyun let ~~~~~~~ go” Mrs Nam ordered her son as a tear rolled down her cheek.
Woohyun turned around to see his mother crying and he knew at that moment that ~~~~~~ was going to get take away from him and there was nothing he could do. He looked back down to the know crying little girl in his arms and slowly his grip loosened.
“It’s time to go ~~~~~~~” Mrs Hwang grabbed the young girls shoulder and softly pulled her away.
“G-Goodbye O-Oppa” the younger girl cried out to Woohyun as she was lifted up into the BMW by Mrs Hwang.
Woohyun clenched his fists together ad he saw ~~~~~~~ disappearing from his sight.
“Don’t worry ~~~~~~~, I’ll come and find you again no matter where they take you. I promise that I’ll come and save you!!” Woohyun yelled out at the top of his lungs.
“Woohyunnie…”
That was the last word Woohyun heard before the car door slammed shut and Mrs Hwang walked over to the driver seat door.
“I’m sorry that I have to take away ~~~~~~~ from your son Mrs Nam” Mrs Hwang apologised.
“You’re not only taking her away from my son, you’re taking her away from her family” Mrs Nam said as another tear rolled down her face.
“I’m sorry” Mrs Hwang bowed and quickly got into the car and started the engine.

 

“You should get into the car and follow them”
I glanced back at my mother before looking to the BMW that was about to speed off down the road. Something inside of me made me want to know where the younger version of me was going to be taken. Even though I had been through this event before in my life I couldn’t remember a single detail about it, maybe that was a good thing.
Without wasting more time I hurried walked towards the black BMW.
*Hopefully this works…*
I held my hand out and gently touched the metal surface of the car before I pushed my hand through the entire car. Just like a ghost I walked through the car and entered inside without even opening the door.
"I don't think I can ever get used to that..." I mumbled to myself as I stared at my hands in amazement.

The sudden sounds of soft sobs were heard next to me. I looked up to see the small face of a seven year old girl covered with tears.
“Everything will be fine soon ~~~~~~~”
At the mention of my name I looked up to the driver’s seat to see Mrs Hwang putting her seat belt on. Through the rear view mirror I could see a small reflection of Mrs Hwang’s face. It looked so familiar to me and it reminded me of a person I knew.
“Let’s go home now, my daughter is probably waiting for you already so that she can have someone to play with” Mrs Hwang suddenly smiled showing off a perfect eye-smile in the rear view mirror.
“O-Okay” the younger girl sitting beside me mumbled.
Mrs Hwang just nodded and began driving down the road leaving behind a empty house, a crying neighbour and a young boy that just had his heart broken.

 


 

“Here we are Miss Park, your brand new home. Welcome to the Hwang residence!” Mrs Hwang beamed as she pulled up into the driver way of a large 2 story modern designed house.
Mrs Hwang got out of the car first and went around the other side of the car, opening the door for the young girl.
I jumped out of the car as Mrs Hwang helped out the young girl and got her suit case. I walked up a few stairs to reach the front door of the cream house. The house had been built on a concrete foundation and had a large front lawn that lead into a garden in the back yard.
*Must be a rich family* I thought as I admired the beauty of the architecture.
“While you’re staying here with us you are going to be sharing a room with my daughter but it shouldn’t be a problem as long as you don’t mind the colour pink” Mrs Hwang joked as she approached the front door holding onto the younger girl’s hand.
Mrs Hwang unlocked the front door and led the young girl inside with me following close behind.
My eyes widened when I stepped into the grand hall of the house which led into the lounge room. Just like the rest of the house the lounge room was decorated with modern furniture with smooth finishes. Mrs Hwang put down her purse onto a black leather couch and guided the seven year old version of me up stairs with me following closely behind them.
“This is my daughter’s room and the room that you’ll be sharing while you stay here. Prepare yourself for a pink overload” Mrs Hwang chuckled as she opened a white door.
I suddenly had to blink in surprise by the large bedroom that was completely pink. Everything in the room was pink, pink walls, pink toys, pink bed, etc.
In the center of the room sitting on a pink rug was a small girl with black shoulder length hair. The girl that was wearing a pink dress suddenly looked up towards the door frame.
“Mummy your home!” The girl in pink beamed.
“Yes and I brought home our guest. Park ~~~~~~~ this is my daughter Miyoung Hwang, Miyoung say hello to ~~~~~~~~” Mrs Hwang introduced.
“Hi there, I’m Miyoung! It’s nice meeting you ~~~~~~~-ah. Do you like to play with dolls?” Miyoung asked.
“Urgh… I never had a doll before. My father could never afford to buy me a proper doll…” The younger girl’s voice trailed off.
Mrs Hwang’s eyes were filled with sadness but she tried to change the mode into a happy one.
“Well Miyoung why don’t you show ~~~~~~~~ your dolls then and you both can play together”
“Yeah let’s play!” Miyoung beamed and grabbed ~~~~~~~’s hand dragging her into her room.
Mrs Hwang chuckled at the two playful children. “Well I’m going to be down stairs working come and get me if there are any problems”
“Okay” Miyoung nodded as Mrs Hwang left the room.
“How old are you?” Miyoung asked as she grabbed a box where she kept all of her dolls.
“S-Seven”
“Really? I’m seven as well!” Miyoung excitedly said.
“I’m born on August 1st. When are you born?” she asked.
“November 19th…” The younger girl shyly looked up to the girl in pink.
“YAY! That means I’m older than you making me your Unnie! You have to call me Miyoung unnie from now on ok ~~~~~~~~” The girl in pink excited said.
I chuckled as I saw how excited the young girl in pink was while talking to her new slightly younger roommate. I walked closer to the two little girls and saw the girl in pink give one of her heart melting smiles making her eyes change into crescent moon shapes.
“Miyoung you have a perfect eye-smile just like your mother. Hmm… Miyoung, you are so familiar to me but sadly you’ve changed so much over these past years. I can’t even remember you being like this, you were so cute and we became best friends. Why did you have to change so much Tiffany?” I mumbled to myself as I watched the two seven year old girls play nicely together.
Miyoung happily handed over the box containing all her dolls and let ~~~~~~~ choose a doll she wanted to play with. ~~~~~~~ pulled out a doll with blonde hair and dressed in a white dress with pink poka dots. Even though that doll was Miyoung’s favourite and she never had shared it with anyone else she let ~~~~~~~~ play with it.
“I can tell that we are going to be best friend forever!” Miyoung beamed showing off her eye smile again.
“I-I would love to be your friend Miyoung Unnie” the younger girl smiled back.
“Well then from this day forward I declare that I, Hwang Miyoung will be best friends with you Park ~~~~~~~~ for the rest of our lives! Nothing and no one will ever tear us apart from each other, I promise you that ~~~~~~~~” Miyoung promised and smiled sweetly at her new best friend.
“No matter what ever happens we will still be friends, right Unnie?” The younger girl asked.
Miyoung smiled at the girl and nodded her head. “You got it bestie! Now let’s play!!”

 

I stepped back from the cute scene of the two little girls playing together. A small smile appeared on my face as I pulled out a necklace from inside my clothes. I admired the beauty of the silver necklace that was shaped into a lock with a small key hole on the front of it with a heart decoration carved around it. It was an exact copy of another lock necklace that my friend and I shared together but neither I nor my friend had the key that unlocked the lock, the lock to my heart.
I hide the necklace back into my shirt and went back to watching the two girls playing.

 

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 5 is finally up!
Sorry for the wait guys :(
More revealed about your past and a new character introduced into the plot.
Miyoung Hwang!
Awwww I can just imagine her as a cute seven year old girl.
Sorry for any grammar and spelling mistakes.
I haven't re-read the chapter.
Comment and Subscribe

 

Side note:
G.Dragon will be appear soon in the story but you'll have to patiently wait for his first meeting seeing how he fits into the story later on.
A few more chapters and he will be included into the story with his first meeting with you, Park ~~~~~~~~.