First meeting

Memory Lane [hiatus]

Suddenly a bright blinding light flashed in front of my eyes and a door way zapped in out of nowhere. I covered my eyes with my elbow as Mum lead me inside the door. Within a split second the blank white room vanished and the scenery changed into a quiet neighborhood. I could feel the slightly long grass rub against my leg as I walked onto a footpath. I could feel the heat of the sun beaming down onto my face and heard the birds chirping and rustling around in a nearby pine tree. It felt so real, like this place really existed. The only thing holding me back from believing that this was reality was my mother standing in front of a familiar looking house.
"Do you know where we are?" Mum asked.
My eye brows furrowed together as I answered sarcastically "How the hell am I supposed to know when you’re the one that lead me here or don't you know where you are going?"
Mum sighed and shook her head "You have so much to learn...."
"What do you mean by that-"
I couldn't finish my sentence because I was interrupted by the sound of a crying baby. I walked closer to the house where the noise was coming from and took a peek inside the window.
"Shhhhh.....stop crying. Mummy is here now" A women with her back facing me said as she picked up a baby out of the cote.
The women placed the baby over her shoulder and started patting its back to comfort the baby. A very adorable new born baby girl appeared and suddenly stopped crying and started to smile and giggle.
"She's been crying all night and still keeps on waking up today" A male’s voice appeared from another room.
"Well that is what newborns do. They cry, eat and sleep" The unknown women turned around cradling the baby.
My eyes widened when the women turned out to be my mother. She looked younger than my mum that was standing behind me holding onto my shoulder. The younger version of my Mum was smiling at someone that was standing in front of her as she lovingly cradled the baby in her arms. A large hand suddenly reached out to the baby and caressed her face. I couldn't see who the person was because they were standing behind the curtains but I could tell that it was a male hand. My eyes shifted towards the sleepy looking baby's face as I tried to put the puzzle pieces together.
*Why is my mother holding another baby girl? Do I have a sister that I don't know about?*
"Just go back to sleep my sweet Lil baby girl" the male voice cooed.
I finally recognised the voice and gasped "Is that me?!"
I turned around and saw mum smiling and nodding at me "That's right. This is you a couple of days after you were born and we finally got to take you home from the hospital"
"What do you mean by 'we'?" I asked.
"I mean your father and I. We both had just moved into this neighborhood and I was across the road at Mrs Dong's house when my water broke and I went into labor. 21 hours later I had a beautiful baby girl" she smiled as she recalled past events.
I looked back into the window and saw the baby version of myself slowly closing my eyes and falling asleep in my mother’s arms as my father’s arms were wrapped around mum’s waist and his face was rest into her neck. A small smile crept onto my lips but soon disappeared when I remembered that my parents are no longer alive and my family could never have moments like this ever again. I took one last glance at the happy young family before I turned around and walked away from the house.
"I don't want to see this anymore" I said as I felt like crying again but no tears came out.
I was staring down at the ground as I passed my mum and stepped onto the road. A sudden roar of a car speeding down the road made me look up in fear. A black sports car was rushing down the road and easily doing 50 k/mph over the speed limit and was heading straight for me.
*Oh god I'm going to get hit again!!*
My body was frozen in place again and I waited for the car to hit me and my body to be filled with indescribable pain. The car zoomed into me but instead of my body flying away, the car just went straight through me as if I was like a ghost and kept driving down the road. I stared down at my body was completely intact and flawless. I stared up at my mother in disbelief and waited for answers.
"You don't exist ~~~~~~~~. This is just your memory, no one can see or hear you. You and I are not really in this world, we are just watching these events occur" Mum explained.
"So you mean I could yell at the top of my lungs right now and no one can hear me other than you?" I asked.
"Correct" Mum nodded.
I was lost for words, there was nothing more for me to really say except for, "Let's continue on"
"As you wish" Mum raised her hand and made a twirling motion in the air.
The scenery suddenly started to change as day changed into night which then changed back into morning. Hundreds of days and nights went past as I watched the sun rise in the east of the sky and set in the west. The changes became even quicker so quick that all I could see now was flashes of light that then went into pitch black darkness which kept on repeating. The changes slowly became to a stop as the sun started to appear over the hills.
~Beep beep beep~
I turned around and saw a truck reversing into the driveway that was next door to my house. At closer inspection I saw that the truck was a moving truck that people rent so that they can move there furniture to their new house. The front door of the truck opened and a middle-aged man stepped out of the truck. The man was very tall and handsome, his hair was all messy from being blown by the strong wind. The man walked around to the back of the truck and opened the back doors showing stacks of boxes and furniture tightly packed into the truck. The man pulled out a few boxes and placed them onto the ground.
"Sunggyu come help me with these boxes!" The man called out.
My eyes widened when I saw a 10 year old Sunggyu hop out of the truck and go help the man move the boxes into the house. I remember this day very well since this was the day we first met and he moved in next door to my house. It was like it just happened yesterday and now it was re-playing in front of my eyes. Sunggyu dropped a box he was holding and ran up to the truck. He climbed up the side of the truck and tapped on the half rolled down window with his little hands.
"Are you going to come out or not? Don't you want to see our new home little brother?" Sunggyu said to a person in the truck.
"I'm coming" A small high pitched voice said.
Sunggyu jumped down off the truck as the truck door opened slightly and a very cute 7 year old Woohyun stepped out. I couldn't believe my eyes, the love of my life, my oppa was standing in front of me but didn't even reach my hips in height.
"Woohyun oppa...." I bent down right in front of a smiling Woohyun so that I was now eye to eye to him except he can't see me. "Y-You look so different"
I reached out to touch his face but Woohyun suddenly ran forward and straight through me.
"WOW, this place is huge!!" Woohyun beamed as he ran around in his new front yard.
"Would you like to go meet your new neighbors while daddy and Sunggyu unpack the truck" Mrs Nam suddenly appeared.
Woohyun looked up at his mother and eagerly nodded. Mrs Nam grabbed Woohyun's hand and led him towards my house. I quietly followed behind both of them and watched the excited expression on Woohyun's face.
"You ready to say hello?" Mrs Nam asked Woohyun.
Woohyun just nodded in response while patiently waiting for the door to open. Mrs Nam rang the doorbell and a couple of seconds the front door opened and my mother appeared.
"Hello I'm Mrs Nam and this is my son Nam Woohyun. We just are moving into the house next door so we came over here too introduce ourselves" Mrs Nam bowed.
"Hello" Woohyun waved.
"Welcome to the neighborhood! I'm Mrs Park but you can call me Jenny. Would you like to come in and have something to drink?" Mum offered.
"Yes please" Mrs Nam said.
Mum stepped out of the way and led Woohyun and Mrs Nam into the living room and made tea for Mr Nam.
"You have a very beautiful home" Mrs Nam complimented.
"Thank you" Mum placed to cups of Tea onto the coffee table. "You know I have a daughter around the same age as your son. She is 6 how old are you?" Mum asked a suddenly shy Woohyun.
"S-Seven" he mumbled as he cuddled near his mother.
"He gets a bit nervous sometimes. I also have a older son named Sunggyu. He is outside helping my husband unpack the truck" Mrs Nam said.
"If you’re still unpacking the truck I can get my husband to help your husband" Mum offered.
"If your husband isn't busy then I would appreciate it if he helped"
"I'll go tell him to help" Mum stood up to leave but turned around and faced Woohyun first "My daughter is upstairs in her bedroom. You can go up there and see her if you want"
"Really?!" Woohyun perked up.
"Yep" Mum nodded.
Without a second of hesitation Woohyun ran upstairs and into my bedroom. I walked up stairs slowly and peaked into my room to see Woohyun jumping up and down on my bed.
"Yah! Who are you? Why are you in my room?" A six year old version of me was hitting Woohyun's leg and telling him to get out of her/my room.
My hair was tied up into two cute piggy tails. I had my glasses on which looked too large for my small face I started to pout when Woohyun hit my book off of my bed.
"I'm Woohyun, Nam Woohyun!" Woohyun introduced himself and sat down onto my bed. "But you can call me Woohyun oppa. What's your name?"
"P-Park ~~~~~~~~" 6 year old me said in a timid voice.
"Wow that's a really pretty name" Woohyun's high pitched voice said.
I watched as my little cheeks turned a deep shade of red as I buried my head into a pillow.
"Go away your annoying and I'm trying to read!" I shouted.
I was watching the whole scene occur from the doorway.
*I really never was good at making friends*
"You mean you were reading this book?" Woohyun grabbed the book I was reading off the floor and held it in front of my face.
"Yah, give that back!"
Young me tried to grab the book back but Woohyun stood up and held it out of my reach. I was jumping up and down trying to reach my book but Woohyun was too tall for me.
"Give it back Woohyun!"
"Call me oppa first and then I'll give you your book back" Woohyun smirked.
"Why do I have to call you oppa?" I whined.
"Because I'm 7 and your only 6 which makes me older than you so since I'm older than you and you should respect your elders than you should call me oppa" Woohyun explained.
"But you don't even sound like a boy. Your voice sounds like a girl. You’re not my oppa you're my unnie. Woohyun unnie!" I teased.
"Yah! I don't sound like a girl!" Woohyun threw my book at me and whined with his high pitched voice.
The younger me started to giggle at his expression "Whatever you say Woohyunnie"
A huge smile appeared onto my face when I heard myself call him 'Woohyunnie'. I hadn't called Woohyun that in years, I used to always and call him Woohyunnie every time he acted girly or his voice got high pitched.
"Do you remember this event?"
I turned around to see Mum standing behind me watching 6 years old me play with Woohyun.
"How could I forget? This was the day when I first met my dear Woohyun oppa" I beamed.
"I'm so surprised that you can still call him Oppa after all the bad things he's done to you" Mum said.
"What do you mean? What bad things are you talking about?" I frowned.
I glanced back at a Woohyun who was tickling me and I was rolling around in my bed giggling. I can't think of any bad things Woohyun has ever done to me.
"You've completely forgotten who you really are ~~~~~~~~~. You'll know what I'm talking about in due time but for now let's continue your journey"

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That was the end of Chapter 2
Hope you liked it!
The Chapter is still a little short but they will get longer soon.
Sunggyu is Woohyun's older brother and is 3 years older than him.
Sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes
Comment and SUBSCRIBE :D
I really love reading peoples comments and I read every one of them.
I'm also happy to answer any questions you might have.
Thank you for reading

 

 

 

(Still don't have a poster for this fanfic yet. Anyone help me out?)