Why can't I just forget?

Memory Lane [hiatus]

Your P.O.V:

As my tears dried up and my sobs turned into quiet whimpers the noise of a siren was heard. An ambulance and 3 police cars had arrived at the car crash site a few minutes ago. The police officers had already blocked of the main street and were now re-directing traffic and the growing crowd of people away from the crash site. The truck driver had already been put under arrest and was now been driven back to the police station down town for further questioning. I overheard the paramedics talking to each other as they were going through the car and checking on my parents. I couldn't bare to look back at the accident scene, fearing that I would see my mother’s lifeless face again so I just buried my head into the crook of my mother's neck.
"Any survivors?"
"The man is long gone and his body has already gone cold" A female paramedic said.
"The woman has no pulse, there is nothing we can do" I heard someone sigh.
"They both must have died on the impact of the crash"
My heart clenched as I continued to listen into the conversation.
I had never been able to forget this day, the day that my life turned upside down and I changed from being a happy, bubbly normal 7 year old into a sour and depressed girl. I had tried to forget this day so many times and try to fight the pain that it brought but it never worked. I remember all the nightmares I used to get as the events would replay over and over again in my mind and I would often wake up in the middle of the night screaming with a cold sweat dripping down my forehead.
A thousand thoughts were running through my head at this moment but one was clearly standing out to me.
*Why was I still here? I mean I had already re-lived this accident and watched my parents both die in front of my eyes again so why was I still here? My mother should have already done that motion thingy she does with her hand and moved onto my next memory by now but I was still here. Was I meant to be seeing something more? Had I missed something?*
"There is a baby boy in the backseat and he is alive!" A sudden voice yelled snapping me out of my thoughts.
My ears perked up as I heard the familiar noise of a crying baby.
*Myungsoo?!*
I gently pushed my head away from my mother so I could turn to look at the wrecked car.
A team of paramedics were surrounding the car as they planned on how they were going to get Myungsoo out of the car safely.
"I need a window cutter, splint and a spine board now!" A male paramedic ordered.
He seemed to be the one in charge of the whole operation as he was ordering everyone around and being a true leader. The man got the equipment he asked for and swiftly cut the glass of the half crushed back window. He carefully crawled into the tight space and reached inside to pull out a crying baby Myungsoo. My eyes widened when I saw little Myungsoo in such a bad condition. There was a large bleeding cut down his left arm and on several other parts of his body. There was a large purple-blue bump on the top of his head and his breathing kept on hitching as Myungsoo suddenly started coughing at a uncontrollable rate.
"He's in a critical state, we need to get him to Seoul hospital ASAP" A young female paramedic said as she helped push the gurney into the ambulance.
I felt my mother’s grip loosen from around me as I rapidly go onto my feet and rushed over to the ambulance where Myungsoo was been put into. I stopped when I got to the steps of the back of the ambulance. An oxygen mask had been placed over Myungsoo's tiny face as a paramedic attended to his wounds and cuts.
"Hurry up and let's go. If you’re coming to the hospital with me then get in if not close the damn doors so we can leave" The paramedic said to the people that were standing around not know what to do next.
*Should I go to the hospital with them? No, no! I know that Myungsoo died and if it wasn't from the crash then that means he's just going to die in hospital and I don't think I will be able to go on if I have to see him die in front of me as well*
"Is everyone in now?" The man in the ambulance said.
I nodded even though I knew he couldn't see me since I actually didn't exist. I suddenly felt a warm liquid run down my cheek and towards my lips. I my dry lips and tasted the salty substance to realise that I was actually crying again.
"Good bye Myungsoo" I said before the ambulance doors were shut closed in my face and the vehicle began driving down the road.

My face was expressionless as I was still standing in the same spot I was before as I stared down the road that the ambulance carrying Myungsoo had driven down. The paramedics had left hours ago and now what was left was investigating police officers and a few men that were towing the wrecked car away.
"S-Sweety, are you ok? You haven't moved for about 3 hours now" Mum cautiously asked.
I turned behind me with an icy glare on my face "Do you expect me to be fine? I just re-lived the worst day in my life over again and watched my own Mother, father and brother die in front of my eyes?!" I yelled feeling rage build up inside of me.
"I hate you for making me go through this again and I HATE MYSELF FOR NOT BEING ABLE TO FORGET!" I screamed out in agony as I broke down again. "W-Why can't I just forget?"
"S-Sweety you shouldn't feel that away about yourself, you have been blessed with a magical gift of a large memory. People can't even remember a quarter of the things you can i-"
"Blessed?! You call this a blessing?! This isn't a blessing or a gift it is HELL, do you know how it feels to have constant flashback of my horrible past events every time I came across something that reminded me of this car crash. Do you know how many nights I woke up screaming from having another nightmare? And do you know how many times I have tried to move on and forget about my life but have failed miserably and ended worse off than I was at the start. Well do you?!" I yelled as I blinked back my tears that were threatening to fall.
"No" Mum said softly.
I felt even more pain and guilt when I saw my mother’s face was full of hurt, pain and sadness which just made me feel worse because she probably blaming this problem all on herself. I don't want my mother to feel guilty or like any of this was her fault but I just had to let my emotions out, the same ones that I had bottled up inside me for too long.

I abruptly spun around on my heels and started walking away from my mother and down a street. I felt mum reach out to grab my arm but she stopped herself and pulled back as she watched me disappear down the road. I didn't know where I was wandering off to I was just walking, and walking until I couldn't walk no more. I collapsed onto a green patch of grass from exhaustion as my eyes stared up at the sky. Dark grey clouds were floating in from the east and taking over the once clear blues sky. The last rays of sunlight were beaming through the clouds as it was been covered up by the fast spreading storm clouds. The rumble of thunder sounded of in the distance and several flashes of light occurred across the sky as it started to rain. It was as if this was a scene in one of those dramas. It was the sad scene were the girl would be left heart broken and it would start pouring down rain as she herself burst out into tears. But unlike in dramas there was no one beside me to come and protect or love me; I was all alone in this world now. My parents and baby brother both died when I was younger, I got run over by a car while chasing my b-boyfriend which had dumped me and now I am stuck in this fake world that I created in my head by using my memories so that I can re-live my life. Why would I ever want to re-live through my life? Why couldn't God just let me die when I was hit by a car?
 I let out a long sigh as the rain began pouring down onto my body. I continued to lay still as I became soaked by the pouring rain; I just stayed still hoping that the rain would just wash away all my pain and problems. I sighed again before I lifted my head off of the grass and got back up onto my feet and began walking down a familiar road. I walked down the road until taking a swift turn and walking down a sloping drive way.
"I WANT MY MUMMY BACK!" I heard a high pitched squeal from inside the house followed by loud crying.
I clenched my hands tightly as I walked straight through the front door like a ghost appearing on the other side of the door unharmed.
"Shhh.... your mum just went away for a little while" a young lady comforted the young girl that was crying her eyes out.
The lady had the girl resting on her lap and was holding her tightly in her arms as she the younger girl’s hair. I walked closer towards the two people and took a seat down onto the chair opposite them staring intently at the scene in front of me. The young girl slowly sobbed herself to sleep. The women gently placed the girl down of her lap and covered her with a blanket making sure she was fully asleep before getting off of the couch and walking to get her mobile phone. She hit a couple of buttons on the key pad and then placed the phone up to her ear.
"Hello, is this Mrs Hwang?" I listened into her conversation she was having on the phone.
"Yes it's me. I pulled the family records and I found out that they have no family relatives at all. I know what it means.... yes, yes. Ok I'll have the girl ready by tomorrow morning to come with you"
"She is asleep right now. I'll just stay at the house for the night and get her ready for tomorrow morning, then you can take her to do what you have to do"
The women glanced back at the sleeping girl on the couch and with a sigh she ended her phone call "I'll see you tomorrow"
She walked out of the living room to go put the phone away. I got up out of my seat and walked over to the young girl sleeping on the couch. I reached out to caress her face but my hand just went through her little body. A small smile appeared onto her face which made me smile.
"Hang in there ~~~~~~~, your life is about to change for the worst but we can make it through together." I said to the younger version of myself.
I sat down onto the couch and spent the rest of my night watching my younger self sleep peacefully.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift that's why we call it the present" I quoted a line that my father always used to say to me after he said goodnight.
I smiled at my happy memory as my eyes fluttered closed, slowly drifting off to sleep.