Emergency surgery

Memory Lane [hiatus]

“Oh so you’re the worthless brat that is going to be scrounging off my life savings” The man said in a low hiss making sure his wife couldn’t hear him before standing up right and putting a obviously fake smile on his face.
“It’s nice to have such anice girl like you to stay in MY house” The sarcasm in his voice was evident as he began to speak louder than he previously had. “My name is Daniel Choi but you should call me Mr Choi”
The younger girl eyes were as wide as saucepans as she stared at the tall man in front of her. She was too shocked to say anything and just stood there in silence.
When Mr Choi didn’t hear any reply from the young girl he immediately glared at the girl making sure his wife didn’t see him.
The young girl gulped when she saw the scary glare she had been receiving and quickly spoke “Yes s-sir”
Mr Choi smirked before he turned away from the girl and walked towards his wife.
“I’m going to go upstairs and go and finish some paper work” Mr Choi said as he grabbed his suitcase and was about to walk up stairs when his wife abruptly grabbed his wrist and pulled him back.
“Oh no, you are not going to spend all night working Daniel! I’m going to cook dinner and you’re going to eat with me and your daughter. You need to spend some time together now that we are all a family” Mrs Choi told her husband.
Mr Choi let out a low sigh before smiling at his wife “Fine then, I’ll go get changed first. Call me when dinner is ready”
Mr Choi turned around and started walking out of the living room, scoffing as he walked passed his new daughter. Once Mr Choi had left the room Mrs Choi turned her attention back to making dinner.
“I need to start preparing dinner now, would you like to help me ~~~~~~~?” Mrs Choi asked the young girl.
~~~~~~ snapped out of her daze and quickly nodded at Mrs Choi before following her into the kitchen to help cook dinner.

 

 

Your P.O.V:
I watched from afar as Mrs Choi placed the final plate of delicious food onto the dining table.
“Honey dinner is ready!!” She called out.
A few seconds later a muffled “Okay” was heard from upstairs.
Mrs Choi took her seat in the middle of the table while the younger version of me was already seated at one of the ends of the table waiting patiently for her foster father to come downstairs so that they could begin eating.
Suddenly Mr Choi entered the kitchen wearing a new change of casual clothes. He automatically sat at the other end of the table, exactly opposite to the young girl.
“The food looks delicious darling” Mr Choi praised his wife as he began to eat.
“Thank you but I can’t take all the credit. ~~~~~~ helped me with the cooking and she is such an excellent little cook for her age, don’t you think honey?” Mrs Choi asked her husband.
Mr Choi looked up from his food and looked towards the young girl across the table while chewing on his food slowly. The food had suddenly gone bitter in his mouth. He turned his attention towards Mrs Choi and gave her a beaming smile.
She is a perfect daughter” Mr Choi’s words had a tone of hatred in his voice but Mrs Choi was oblivious to this and just smiled back at her husband, happy to hear his compliment.
My fists clenched in anger as I stared at Mr Choi eating his dinner.
“Lying bastard I hope you choke on that food!” I yelled at him even though he couldn’t hear me, a certain burning feeling started building up in my stomach.
I couldn’t even bare to look at that evil man anymore as I saw him acting kind and loving towards my younger form. It made my body cringe just to watch the scene in front of me. I quickly left the dining room and walked outside to get some fresh air but the only thing that I could imagine was Mr Choi’s evil smirk.
I suddenly heard the sound of a child screaming and crying in my mind. The painful crying and sobbing got louder by the second that I had to cover my ears hoping for the sounds to stop. My head began to pound and hurt as I closed my eyes tightly hoping that the pain will pass.
Suddenly I heard loud laughing over top of the sounds of crying.
“Ha ha ha!” A deep voice repeated in my mind.
“SHUT UP! JUST SHUT UP!” I screamed as the annoying laughter only got louder.
“Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!” The laughter continued.
I fell onto my knees as my world suddenly turned dark. The laughter slowly faded and my ears where greeted to silence.

 

 

 

 

 

“~~~~~~~ stay with me….”I suddenly heard a muffled voice which sounded familiar but I couldn’t figure out who it was.
“Don’t leave me”
“~~~~~~~”

“Please…wake up….”

 

~ THE PRESENT ~
Jiyong’s P.O.V:
It’s been 3 weeks since the accident and yet nothing has happened. She hasn’t moved, spoke or even opened her eyes yet. If there wasn’t a heart rate monitor showing me that she still had a pulse I would have thought that she was dead.
For the whole 3 weeks I have barely moved from sitting at her bedside, watching and waiting for her to wake up. My friends also regularly came into the hospital to check up on her but also on me. They had begun to worry about me and Daesung even convinced me somehow to go have a shower a few days ago.
“You need to go out GD, it’s not healthy to not be doing anything all day. You haven’t been eating lately, you stopped showering and you haven’t gone back to your house in 3 weeks. Your parents are starting to worry about you GD and so are we” Daesung told me for the hundredth time but still my answer was the same as always.
“I’m not leaving until she wakes up” I bluntly said as I continued to stare at her lifeless face.
“And what happens if she never does wake up!” TOP suddenly snapped out of frustration.
I quickly turned around and glared at TOP. “Don’t you dare say anything like that; she is going to wake up!”
“You don’t know that, you heard the doctors G.Dragon. They said that she may never wake up! You may as well turn off her life support and let her die peacefully instead of enduring all this pointless pain every day. It’s time to move one G.Dragon!” TOP yelled.
“Hyung stop” Seungri warned TOP when he saw my fist clench tightly together.
“No why should I stop? Why can’t G.Dragon just stop caring about her and move on?!”
That was the last straw, I suddenly tackled TOP onto the ground and began punching him in anger.
“GD STOP!” Taeyang and Seungri both were trying to pull me away from TOP but I just continued to vent out my anger.
“I WILL NEVER GIVE UP ON HER BECAUSE SHE NEVER GAVE UP HOPE IN ME! ~~~~~~~ was always there for me-“
I was about to send another blow into TOP’s face but my suddenly froze when I heard the worst possible sound that I didn’t want to ever hear again.
~BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!~
*The heart monitor!*
I quickly got up onto my feet and rush back towards her bedside to see that a straight green line was going across the heart monitor screen signalling that her heart had stopped beating. My body froze as I suddenly felt helpless.
“DOCTOR!! HELP, WE NEED SOMEONE TO HELP US IN HERE!!” Daesung yelled out to go help.
Within seconds a dozen nurses and doctors flooded into the room quickly surrounding ~~~~~~~ and checking on her vitals. My world around seemed to come to a stop as I blankly looked up at her heart monitor to see a flat green line. Her heart had suddenly stopped beating.
I glanced down to her face and examined her beautiful facial features. Her face was very pale and her cheeks looked rather hollow since all her meals had been provided by IV fluids.
“We need to get her to the ER straight away for emergency heart surgery” One of the doctors said as ~~~~~~~ bed was starting to get wheeled out of the room.
Just before she had been wheeled completely out of the room I lunged for her hand and held onto it tightly.
“~~~~~~~ stay with me” I said as I ran down next to her bed as it was wheeled down the hallways of Seoul hospital.
As we approached a door to the ER surgery a nurse grabbed my arm that was holding onto ~~~~~~~’s hand.
“I’m sorry sir but this is as far as you can go” The nurse apologised.
I glanced back down at ~~~~~~~’s pale face and knew that if I didn’t let her go she would most defiantly die and I would never get to see her smile again, hear her laugh, see her cute eye smiles and to be able to protect her ever again.
“You’re going to survive this, okay? You’re stronger than this and will get through it. Remember that promise that I made to you? Until the day you let go of my hand I won’t leave your life. You haven’t let go of my hand yet so don’t leave me” I said to her as my eyes began to sting with unshed tears.
Reluctantly, I released my grip on her hand and her bed was immediately pushed into the ER room. The red light on top of the room signalling that the operation had started.
I was left standing by myself as my legs suddenly gave way and I fell down onto the ground. Suddenly I felt a warm hand rest down on my shoulder giving it a squeeze.
I turned my head slightly and looked up to Daesung’s face with teary eyes. Daesung gave me a tight smile as he sat next to me and slowly wrapped them around me engulfing me into a brotherly hug.
“She’ll be fine, I promise” Daesung whispered. “It’s okay to cry, Jiyong. It’s okay to let out your emotions, I’m here for you”
After I heard Daesung’s sentence my tears started to flow freely and I let out all my frustrations and emotions outs.

 

 

 

After 3 hours the red light on the ER finally turned off. Daesung and I both stood up as the doors to the ER was pushed open and a dozen different doctors came out of the ER.
“How is she?” I immediately asked one of the doctors.
The doctor removed his mask and gave me a small smile “The surgery went well and we were able to stabilise her again. Miss Park ~~~~~~~ had a sudden heart attack which caused her heart to stop beating for a few minutes. She is still in her coma but she hasn’t sustained anymore injuries. We still haven’t worked out what caused the sudden heart attack though so we will have to run a few tests on her when she finished recovering from the surgery.”
I let out a sigh of relief when I heard the doctor tell me that she was safe. I sunk back down onto the seat that I had previously been sitting on and ruffled my hair.
“Your girlfriend is full of surprises, she is a very strong young lady” The doctor suddenly said.
I looked up again to see the doctor smiling warmly at me.
“S-She’s not my girlfriend….” I mumbled to myself.
“Yes, ~~~~~~~ has always been a strong minded girl” Seungri suddenly cut me off.
The doctor nodded in agreement “Usually when a person’s heart stops beating completely for longer than a minute there would be at least some sign of injury or brain damage but for your friends body was able to sustain all of that and come out unharmed”
“She is amazing…”  I unconsciously mumbled.
“May we go in and see her” Taeyang asked eagerly.
“Yes, but not at the moment. Miss Park will be held under observation for an hour but after that she will be placed back in her intensive care ward”
“Okay thank you very much doctor” I stood up and bowed to him in thanks.
The doctor smiled one last time before turning around and making his was down the corridors of the hospital.
“Well since we have an hour to spare until we can see ~~~~~~~ again I guess this gives us a perfect opportunity to go grab some lunch in the cafeteria” TOP suddenly stood up and stretched out his long back.
“But what about-“
“No buts this time, Kwon Jiyong! There is nothing else for you to do here other than just wait so you may as well come and eat with us. Come on, it’s my treat this time” TOP smiled before turning around and walking off towards the cafeteria along with the rest of Big Bang.
With a long sigh and one more glance back at the ER I followed behind my friends.

 

 

~Midnight~
As the clock small hand struck 12 I was gripping tightly onto ~~~~~~~’s hands. It was a cold night so I decided to put extra blankets over her to make sure she didn’t get cold. I started at her face for the hundredth time tonight and watched as her chest slowly rose up and down as she breathed in and out.
Exhaustion was setting in on my body as I began to have difficulty just keeping my eyes open.
I gave a tight squeeze on her hand before whispering in her ear quietly “I miss you ~~~~~~~. Please wake up soon, please wake up….”
I said before I leaned onto the side rail of the hospital bed and sleep finally claimed my body.