Foster Family

Memory Lane [hiatus]

3rd person P.O.V:

“You will love your new home ~~~~~~~, they live in a large house that is 5 minutes away from the beach.” Mrs Hwang was busily telling ~~~~~~~ about her new foster family as she drove to their house.
The BMW cruised across the roads with a trunk full of ~~~~~~~’s luggage. Mrs Hwang hadn’t allowed her daughter to come along for the trip because that would make leaving ~~~~~~ harder than what it already was going to be. Miyoung and ~~~~~~~ had already said their goodbyes. Little did Mrs Hwang and seven year old ~~~~~~~ knew an uninvited guest was sitting in the backseat of the car watching the younger girls every reaction to what Mrs Hwang was saying. The unexpected guest tried to reach out and comfort the younger girl but came to be useless since her hands just went straight through the little girl’s body.
“The Choi family are very kind and caring people. Mrs Choi isn’t able to have children of her own with her husband so they have decided to adopt you. Mrs Choi works at a local Chinese food restaurant so she can cook lots of yummy food for you and Mr Choi works in the business industry. He owns his own large company but without any children he doesn’t have an heir to his company. So guess what ~~~~~~~, if you go into the business industry as well you’ll become the heir to his company. Isn’t that awesome news?!” Mrs Hwang was trying to cheer up the little girl’s mood into a happy one but she got no response from the girl.
Mrs Hwang bit her bottom lip in worry as she thought *If ~~~~~~~ doesn’t cheer up quickly the Choi’s may not like her and won’t sign the contract*
“W-Why would they want to adopt me?” A quiet voice from the backseat of the car caught Mrs Hwang’s attention.
“Well I was telling Mrs Choi all about you and she instantly fell in love with you and she said that you would be the perfect daughter for her” Mrs Hwang answered.
“Do they know what happened to my parents?” The young girl asked with a quivering voice.
Even though the girl was still too young to understand what actually happened to her parents and little brother she did know that they were gone and weren’t coming back for her.
“No” Mrs Hwang said.
The truth was that Mrs Hwang had told the Choi’s that she had found ~~~~~~~ wandering around the streets without her family. Mrs Hwang didn’t want to tell them that there soon-to-be-daughter had experienced her parents traumatising death just in case the Choi’s changed their minds about adopting her. Mrs Hwang felt guilty for doing this to the young girl but this was her job and she had to do what she had to do.
“We are almost there. Now ~~~~~~~ I want you to be on your best behaviour and don’t be too shy alright” Mrs Hwang instructed the young girl.
“Yes…” The girl responded half-heartedly as she wasn’t looking forward to meeting her new foster family and was silently wishing that she was back in the Hwang’s household playing with her best friend, Miyoung.
“And here is your new home~!” Mrs Hwang excitedly said as she pulled up in front of a luxurious two story house. The house was huge but what would you expect from a person that owned his own business corporation.

 

 

Mrs Hwang and the young girl along with the unseen visitor walked towards the front door of the house.
Mrs Hwang took a deep breath and put a smile on her face before she rang the doorbell.
~Ding dong Ding dong~
The sound of the doorbell echoed around the entire household. After a few seconds there was no sign of anyone answering the door.
“Maybe they aren’t home” The seven year old girl said, hoping that no one was actually going to answer the door.
Mrs Hwang looked down at ~~~~~~~ and gave her a dirty look reminding the younger girl to behave. The young girl just innocently blinked back at the women.
Mrs Hwang rang the doorbell again impatiently waiting for someone to answer the door.
~Ding dong Ding dong~
“Coming!” A faint muffled voice was heard from the other side of the door. Then loud footsteps signalled that a person was approaching the door.
The front door creaked open and a women in her early 30s appeared at the door.
“Oh Hello Mrs Hwang, it’s nice seeing you again” The lady held out her hand for a handshake with Mrs Hwang.
“Mrs Choi it good to see you, let me introduce you to Park ~~~~~~~” Mrs Hwang stepped aside to reveal the young ~~~~~~~ towards Mrs Choi.
“Awwww… you’re even cuter than Mrs Hwang described. Hello dear, I’m Mrs Choi but you can call me Umma” Mrs Choi said.
~~~~~~~ just nodded and looked down on the ground shyly.
“Oh how rude of me, Please come in and make your welcome into our home” Mrs Choi gestured the two people into her house.
All three of them walked into the house and Mrs Choi led them into the living room.
“Do you like your new house ~~~~~~~?” Mrs Choi asked trying to make conversation with her new child.
~~~~~~~ was busy drawing circles in the carpet with her foot, not bothering to even look up at Mrs Choi.
“Ahem” Mrs Hwang cleared and slightly nudged the young girl.
Mrs Hwang then saw that Mrs Chi’s eyebrows were furrowed as she stared at the little girl in front of her.
“Please excuse ~~~~~~~ she just gets really shy around new people. Don’t worry she’ll be fine soon once she readjusts to her suroundings” Mrs Hwang explained making Mrs Choi’s relax a bit.
“Isn’t this place so big though ~~~~~~~, you’re going to love living here!” Mrs Hwang excited said.
*I rather be living back at home with my real family…* ~~~~~~~ thought but didn’t say out loud instead she just nodded.

 

A few hours had passed and Mrs Hwang had already gotten ~~~~~~~’s luggage out of her BMW and had Mrs Choi sign the last bits of paperwork which gave the Choi’s full guardianship over the young girl.
“Well it seems that ~~~~~~ will be cared for here, I’ll be leaving you both now so you can have some private bounding time. I’ll be visiting you in a few weeks to see if ~~~~~~~ is been taken care of properly” Mrs Hwang gathered up all the paper work that Mrs Choi had just signed and put it away neatly in a folder.
“Thank you again Mrs Hwang, I can’t express how happy I am to finally have a child of my own that I can love and call my own” Mrs Choi thanked Mrs Hwang as she walked her out of the house and said her goodbyes.
While Mrs Choi was out of the living room ~~~~~~~ decided to wander around the room looking at her new house. The house was quiet and empty, making the loneliness inside the young girl heart grow even more.
After a few minutes of wandering around the house she heard Mrs Choi walking back into the living room. The young girl quickly darted towards the leather couch that she had been sitting on and waited for her new “mother” to enter the room.
“What would you like to do now ~~~~~~~?” Mrs Choi asked as she gave a warm smile at the young girl. When she didn’t get an answer from the girl she decided to suggest something’s to do. “Are you hungry yet? I can start cooking dinner early and you can help me with the cooking as well. Do you know how to cook ~~~~~~~?”
The young girl nodded to answer all of Mrs Choi’s questions and finally decided to break her silence “I used to help my mum cook dinner so she taught me how to cook food for myself”
Mrs Choi suddenly felt of put by the mention of ~~~~~~~’s mother but also felt happy at the same time that the young girl was finally talking again.
“That means you’ll be able to help me cook, I get lonely sometimes in the kitchen by myself. It will be nice to finally have someone that will appreciate my cooking” Mrs Choi chuckled.
“Once we finished dinner I’ll take you up and show you your new bedroom” Mrs Choi said. “OMO, I finally have a daughter!”
The young girl just nodded as she watched the older lady giggle, a small smile appearing on her face as she continued to watch.
Suddenly the sound of a car pulling up into the drive way was heard from outside.
“That must be your new father coming home from work” Mrs Choi stopped giggling and looked towards the front door waiting for it to open.
~Slam~
The sound of the front door slamming closed was heard as a man in his late 30s wearing a suit came walking into the lounge room. He immediately dumped his suit case down on the floor and began taking off his tie.
“Welcome home honey” Mrs Choi pecked her husband’s cheek before gesturing in the direction of the young girl. “She finally arrived, go ahead and introduce yourself to your new daughter”

 

Mr Choi looked the young girl up and down and had an unamused expression on his face as he made his way away from his wife and towards the little girl.
“Hello sir, I’m Park ~~~~~~~. It’s nice to meet you” The young girl did a bow towards the man.
Mr Choi smirked as he leaned in closer to the young girl.
“Oh so you’re the worthless brat that is going to be scrounging off my life savings”