Happy news

Memory Lane [hiatus]

3rd person P.O.V:

2 weeks passed since the last time you saw Woohyun and you had started living with the Hwang’s. Your relationship with Miyoung had become stronger, you both were now best friends and even though they had only known each other for a couple of weeks it seemed like they’d known each other for years.
Pattering of footsteps was heard as two small figures descended down the stairs and ran directly into the kitchen.
“Good morning chef Ahn” A cheerful young girl greeted the head chef “What is for breakfast today?”
The head chef, Mr Ahn smiled and bowed at the two young girls that had just entered into the kitchen.  Chef Ahn just finished dishing out breakfast and grabbed two plates that he had just finished and placed them onto the large diner table.
“I prepared your favourite, chocolate chip pancakes” Mr Ahn smiled towards the young girl in pink.
The younger girl excitedly clapped her hands together before rushing towards the table and taking her seat in front of the plate full of freshly cook pancakes. The girl in pink noticed that her  new found best friend was still standing in the kitchen shyly drawing circles on the ground with her foot.
“Hurry up slow poke! Your pancakes are getting cold and the ice cream is going to melt!” The older girl called out to her best friend.
The other girl’s expression suddenly lit up as she skipped towards the table and took her seat next to her best friend.
“Where is mum?” The slightly older girl asked Chef Ahn.
“Mrs Hwang had to go to the office this morning to finish off some work related paper work. She will be returning later when all of her work is completed” Chef Ahn informed.
The older girl sighed sadly but nodded towards Chef Ahn.
“Are you ok Miyoung?” the younger girl asked.
“Y-Yeah I’m fine just missing mum. She has been doing a lot more work lately” Miyoung said.
The younger girl felt the sadness her best friend was going through and patted her back to comfort Miyoung.
“Hurry up and finish breakfast so we can go outside and play” ~~~~~~~ said.
Miyoung smiled at her friend, immediately cheering up.
The 2 seven year old girls quickly finished their meals and thanked Chef Ahn before running out into the backyard.
Chef Ahn watched as the two girls ran towards a swing set and started to swinging together. A small smile appeared on his face as he watched the children play.
“I haven’t seen Miyoung smile like that since before her Mother and Father split up. ~~~~~~~-ah you don’t realise it now but you mean a lot to Miyoung I just wished that you didn’t have to leave so soon” he sighed sadly before walking back to the kitchen to wash the dirty dishes.

“Hey ~~~~~~~” Miyoung called her best friend’s name as she swung back and forwards on the swing.
“Hmm?” The other girl answered and turned her attention towards Miyoung.
“Will we still stay best friends if you have to move out of my house?” Miyoung asked.
The younger girl’s eye brows furrowed together as she thought of the possibility of her having to leave this place that she now called home.
“I-I haven’t thought about leaving…. But even if I do we will still stay friends. We promised remember? I’ll always be your best friend Miyoung and you will always be my one and only best friend”
Miyoung gave her best friend her signature eye smile before getting off of her swing and walking behind ~~~~~~~’s swing.
“Hold on tight buddy, I’m gonna push you up high until you are able to reach the clouds!” Miyoung giggled and without any more warning began pushing the swing high up into the air.

 

 

Mrs Hwang’s P.O.V:

“Yes, we will be there by 3. Ok, see you then. Goodbye” I hung up my mobile phone and unlocked the front door.
I walked into my house and placed my purse and files that I was holding onto the lounge room coffee table.
“Miyoung! ~~~~~~~! I’m home!” I called out.
Having no response from either child I ventured out towards the kitchen to see if they were out there. As I reached the kitchen I heard giggling and laughter from outside.
I walked outside onto the wooden deck area and saw Miyoung was chasing ~~~~~~~ around the yard.
“YOU CAN’T CATCH ME!” ~~~~~~~~ said.
I suddenly felt guilt enter my stomach as I stared at the two happy girls playing in the yard.
*No, this is just my job. I’ve done this with many people in the past and ~~~~~~~~~ isn’t any different but why do I get this bad feeling about doing this?*
I shook my head to get rid of all the bad thoughts I was having.
*Everything will be fine, ~~~~~~~~~ will be happy now with her new family*
“Miyoung!” I called my daughter.
Both girls stopped running and turned to look at me. Miyoung’s eyes widened and she immediately ran towards me with her arms opened wide.
“Mummy your back!” Miyoung’s small arms wrapped around my waist as she hugged me.
“Yes dear, I just got back from the office” I patted her back in a soothing motion before moving back from the hug.
“Miyoung I think now is a good time to have a talk with you and ~~~~~~~~” My voice turned into a serious one as I looked over to the other little girl standing behind us.
“Are we in trouble?” Miyoung worriedly asked.
“No, no you both aren’t in trouble. I’m sure both you and ~~~~~~~~~ will be very happy to hear this news. Now come inside first so I can tell you” I motioned for both of the girls to follow me into the lounge room.
I sat down onto one of the white leather couches while both of the girls sat on one opposite to me. I smiled at both of them before opening my mouth to speak.
“I have a great surprise for you ~~~~~~~, I have finally found a foster family that is willing to take you in and care for you. I found you a NEW FAMILY!” I cheered hoping for a happy reaction from the two young girls but I was greeted with the opposite.

 

Your P.O.V:
“I found you a NEW FAMILY!” Mrs Hwang cheered.
I studied the two girls sitting in front of me and saw that their faces both dropped immediately after hearing the news.
“Foster family? ~~~~~~~ doesn’t need a new family! We are here family now she can stay here with us!” Miyoung yelled at her own mother.
“Yah, don’t you dare talk to me like that young lady!” Mrs Hwang warned. “~~~~~~~~~ can’t stay here, she isn’t our family. She deserves to be happy with her own family.”
“BUT THEY AREN’T HERE REAL FAMILY EITHER!” Miyoung yelled again only just to be ignored by her mother as she continued on.
“I had already made arrangements for ~~~~~~~~ to meet her new family this afternoon. You will be moving into their house by tonight. I have talked to the family and they know all about you ~~~~~~~~ and they are excited to meet you.” Mrs Hwang smiled at the youngest girl.
I shifted my attention towards the seven year old version of myself. Her eyes were glassy with unshed tears that were being held back. The blank expression on her face said it all as she stiffly nodded at Mrs Hwang.
“See Miyoung ~~~~~~~~ will be fine at her new home. I’ll go pack all you belongs ~~~~~~~~, you and Miyoung can go back to playing and I’ll come and get you when it time to leave” Mrs Hwang said before walking out of the room and upstairs.
Silence filled the room after she left before a fuming Miyoung stood up.
“How could Mum do this to you?! I should go up to her and-“
“I-It’s ok Unnie” Miyoung was cut off by a small voice coming from the younger girl.
Miyoung looked towards her best friend with sad eyes. She sat down next to ~~~~~~~~ and wrapped her arms around her, embracing her into a tight hug.
“Everything will be ok. We will always be best friends no matter what, I just hope you don’t forget about me” Miyoung said.
The younger girl pulled back from the hug and stared up at Miyoung with visible tears in her eyes.
“I will never forget about you” she said as a tear rolled down the side of her cheek.
Miyoung used her thumb to wipe away the fallen tears. She suddenly grabbed ~~~~~~~~ wrist and stood up.
”Follow me, I want to give you something before you leave” she said and gave a reassuring smile.
The younger girl just nodded and let Miyoung lead her. I got up from my current place and followed the two little girls which were both holding hands as they made their way down the hallways.
I looked down at them and saw that they were both holding hands. A small smile appeared on my face as Miyoung began to swing their arms back and forward as they walked. We kept walking until we reached a dead end at the end of the hallway. I glanced around me and saw that there were no doors or entrances leading anywhere, all I could see was a large wallpapered wall in front of us.
“What are we doing here Unnie? There is nowhere to go” seven year old me said.
“Close your eyes, I want to give you something” Miyoung told the younger girl.
I watched as the younger version of me furrowed her eyebrows together. Miyoung giggled at the action and gave a reassuring eye smile. Reluctantly, younger girl closed her eyes.
“And No peeking” Miyoung made sure that the younger girl wasn’t peeking before she turned around and made her way towards the wall.
*What is she doing?*
I stared at her with a puzzled expression as I watched Miyoung run her hands up and down the wall. I had experienced this exact scene before but last time I had my eyes closed tightly so I couldn’t see what Miyoung did while I had my eyes closed.
Finally Miyoung stopped when her hand ran over a small crack in the wall that I hadn’t noticed before because it blended in with pattern of the wallpapered wall. Her fingers ran along the crack before she suddenly pulled the wallpapered flap door open to reveal a secret compartment inside the wall. My eyes widened when I saw that inside the wall was a large storage compartment which was filled with expensive glass ornaments, old books and other bits and pieces. No one would ever expect that inside that wall was actually a storage compartment with expensive item in it. Miyoung reach into the storage compartment and pull out a small shiny object that was sitting on one of the shelves.
“Unnie?” Seven year old me called out with her eyes still tightly shut she couldn’t actually see what was going on around her.
“I’m still here just keep your eyes closed just a little longer” Miyoung quickly covered the storage compartment with the flap of wallpaper. Making sure everything looked back to its normal state before she turned back towards her best friend.
“Hold out your hands” she instructed and the other girl obediently followed.
Miyoung placed the shiny object that she had been holding into the other girl’s hands.
“Open your eyes!”
~~~~~~~~ eyes fluttered open and immediately widened when she saw what had been placed in her palms.
She was currently staring at a shiny silver necklace that was in a shape of a lock. Her fingers traced over the key hole before she looked up at her older best friend.
“U-Unnie-“
“Do you like it? I’m giving it to you as a sign of our friendship as long as you wear this every day I know that our friendship will stay strong” Miyoung said.
“But Unnie I don’t have anything to give to you”
“You already have given me something, you gave me your friendship” Miyoung smiled before she suddenly reached around her neck and pulled out a necklace that was identical to the one her best friend was currently holding.
“See I have one too! My Grandma bought these two for me on my fifth birthday. My mother told me that they were a part of a limited edition Locksmith collection. They only made 10 of these necklaces so they are very special. Grandma told me that if I gave this other necklace to someone special to me then I would stay connected to that person. So no matter where you go ~~~~~~~~ as long as you continue to wear this necklace we will always be connected and one day we will see each other again”
“Thank you Unnie for everything and I promise that I will never ever take this necklace off!” The younger girl suddenly hugged her best friend.
“Hehe I’m going to miss you, pabo” Miyoung lightly tapped the top of ~~~~~~~’s head as she returned the hug and embraced her best friend for the last time.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the short chapter guys but this is just one of my filler Chapters.
Mrs Hwang has found you a foster family that are willing to accept to take you in.
Next chapet will be when you actually meet the your new foster family.
So you kind of been adopted already.

Would guys can comment about what you want the family to be like.
Would you like you foster family to already have children or for you to be an only child?

 

In case you guys are wondering what the necklace may look like.
It looks kinda like this:

It can look like how ever you guys pictured it
I'm just trying to help you guys visulaise the necklace.

 

Thank you for reading
Comment and Subscribe!