Chapter 14

Dr01d (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The day looked gloomy from Doctor Pros office, but he was smiling. He was enjoying some tea when a guard knocked at the door and peeked inside.

“General Hwang is here, Doctor.” The guard informed him.

“Excellent, have her come in.” The guard bowed and closed the door.

About a minute later, General Hwang entered the office and stood right in front of the desk.

“You called for me, Doctor?” General Hwang bowed. Doctor Pros signaled her to sit down, and she did.

“I’ve seen all the progress we’ve made during the past few months and I wanted to congratulate you personally on the excellent work.” Doctor Pros paced back and forth behind his desk. “We are getting faster results, the civilians are rather compliant without suggestions, and it’s all thanks to you.” He approached her.

“My pleasure, Doctor.” She bowed, “Anything for Hope.”

“That’s the spirit, you’re going to make it far, Hwang.” He patted her shoulder before letting her go back to her duties.





Taeyeon walked past the couches and to the kitchen to get some water and then stopped on her way back to check how much time they still had to wait.

‘10 hours remaining’

She sighed and went to Yoona’s room.

Yoona looked busy, she was focused on her computer, Taeyeon entered and sat down on her bed. Ginger entered behind her, followed by Bit.

“Need help?” She asked. Yoona handed her a couple of cables and pointed at a few spare parts that were on a table next to her desk.

“Can we turn that into some sort of transmitter?” Yoona asked her, she stood up.

“Probably.” Taeyeon said confident. “Bit, scan everything on the table and add it to the item database.” She ordered and sat next to Yoona.

“Scan complete, item database updated.”

“Thanks, Bit” Taeyeon placed her tablet on the table.

“You’re welcome, Taeyeon.” Taeyeon looked at the droid surprised and Yoona chuckled.

“Cool, right?” Taeyeon nodded, “I figured it would be nice for it to reply.”



After a while of working together, Taeyeon stretched her arms.

“What are you going to use this for?” Taeyeon was curious.

“I’m putting up a message for The Spark.” Yoona told her and she frowned.

“Won’t the prospects detect it?” She worried.

“Not if I do it right.” Yoona grinned and Taeyeon chuckled. “I’m hoping they can’t decrypt it and only the Spark know it comes from us. I’ll only use it if we really need to.” Yoona explained and she nodded understanding.

It made Taeyeon feel better knowing that they have some sort of backup plan if they’re ever in trouble.

“Should we back up everything into a small storage unit?” Taeyeon asked Yoona, the latter turned to face her. “Like something we can take with us if we ever have to leave?”

“That’s a great idea, but what should we use to hide the storage?” Yoona wondered. Ginger barked and they both looked at him, smiling. He was trying to play with the droid, who only stood by the door.

“How about his collar? He can wear it, no one would guess it’s full of information and Ginger is always to one of us.” Taeyeon pointed out while Yoona was already planning how to do it in her head.



Eli sat alone in the middle of a room. A single lamp illuminated him. His arm and legs were bound, they had taken his prosthetic away, and h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter