Chapter 4

Dr01d (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was already morning, but the sun rays didn’t shine through all the girls’ windows. One of them had the privilege of seeing her room fill with natural light every day and that was Sunny.

She turned off her now ringing alarm and stood up, stretching her arms. She glanced out the window, she had a perfect view of the empty lot.

 

She lived a few blocks away, but luckily for them, the houses in between the lot and her house were abandoned and demolished when the new apartment buildings were finished near the center of town. Some of them were in the process of rebuilding but there was still a long way to go.

No one was forced to leave their house, most of Sunny’s neighbors stayed, the ones on her street to be exact, but their situation was different, her houses were close to the post building, or mail building, and all of them worked there. There was no point on moving out when you have work five minutes away.

 

She put on her work clothes, which consisted of a simple button up shirt and dark pants, and headed downstairs.

She remembered Taeyeon was now staying with the girls and decided to check on her before work. She opened the door under the stairs and headed down to the basement. It had a lot of shelves full of old things. She opened a small door and closed it quickly behind her, she then made her way through a concrete tunnel. Once she reached the end of the tunnel she found another door with a biometric lock on it, just like the one at the entrance. She pressed it and the door unlocked, allowing her to enter.

A small ball of fluff greeted her as soon as she crossed the hallway and entered the living room area.

“Hi Ginger.” She petted him. “Where’s Taeyeon?” She asked, even though she could smell the fresh coffee. She followed the scent of the beverage she was craving. “Good morning.”

Taeyeon turned around surprised. “Good morning, Sunny.” She placed a mug on the table. “Coffee?”

“Yes, please.” Sunny sat down as Taeyeon poured her the hot drink. “You’re up early.”

Taeyeon gave her the coffee. “I barely slept.” Sunny thanked her. “I had a lot of things in my head.”

“I figured, that’s why I’m here.” Taeyeon smiled. “Do you need anything?”

“Like what?” Sunny shrugged.

“I don’t know, any snack? Candy?” Taeyeon chuckled and Sunny smiled. “I’ll take that as a maybe.”

“How come you can go out?” Sunny sipped on her coffee before answering.

“I’m not a genius like you, so no one wants me.” Taeyeon lowered her eyes. “I got a job sorting mail. It’s not as exciting as inventing stuff but I like it there.”

“I wish I was like you.” Sunny stood up and went to sit beside her. “I’d love to see how things really work out there.”

“I know.” Sunny placed her hand on Taeyeon’s back. “You will one day.”

“Thanks Sunny.” Taeyeon suddenly smiled. “I’m sorry I didn’t recognize you. You look so different.” They faced each other.

“I was four, and we haven’t talked at all in years.” Sunny placed both hands on her mug. “I did reco

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter