Between You and I

Best of Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun’s head was pounding. 

He groaned and sat up, massaging his temple. 

“Are you okay?”

Huh? 

Sehun looked around for the new voice. He spotted a tall man with short black hair standing with his arms crossed by the kitchen. Though he asked about Sehun’s well-being, the look in his eyes didn’t seem very comforting. 

The teen then remembered where he was. 

“Where is, Mr. Kim? Who are you?”

The man scoffed and stepped closer. Sehun could smell that he was an alpha too. 

“You try to mate him against his will and you have the audacity to speak of him as if he’s just some teacher. How distasteful.”

Sehun frowned. He didn’t like what this guy was trying to accuse him of, “What are you talking about, mister? Who are you even? Where is Mr. Kim?”

The young alpha attempted to get up and find the omega himself, but as soon as he stood up, the room started spinning. 

He flopped back down on the couch, “Ugh. My head.”

“Yeah, you were so riled up, I have to give you two injections. Pretty strong for a pup,” the stranger spoke. 

Still rubbing his head, Sehun registered what the man had just said. 

Injections?

“Did you drug me? What the hell. I don’t even know who you are. Why? What did you give me?”

“Calm down, kid. It’s just something to knock out alpha who lose control,” the stranger sat down next to Sehun on the couch, “My name is Minho. I’m a friend of Jongin’s.”

Sehun stared at Minho for another moment. Still trying to comprehend what was being said. 

Injections? Lose control? What the hell happened?

“Umm...wha-what did I do?”

Sehun suddenly felt sick to his stomach. He was suddenly terrified of the answer. 

When Minho didn’t answer right away, Sehun started to panic.  

“Where is Mr. Kim? Where is he? I need him to tell me what happened? Where is he,” Sehun’s head was pounding and his throat tightened, making it harder for him to breath. 

“Hey, calm down,” Minho placed a hand on his shoulder, “Look, I can see that you didn’t mean to do what you did. You don't even remember what happened. Is that normal for you? You have some sort of condition?”

Sehun shook off the alpha’s hand. He did have a medical condition, but now was not the time to go into that. Right now, all that mattered was finding Mr. Kim. 

“Where is Mr. Kim?”

Minho shook his head, “Okay, you’re going to have to stop with the ‘Mr. Kim’ thing. It’s weird. Especially, given everything that’s happened.”

Sehun wanted to barf. What did he do? What happened after he got to the omega’s house? He needed to remember. 

“Min.”

Sehun’s head whipped around to see another stranger. This one was smaller than Minho and looked softer. He was obviously an omega. 

“How is he?” Minho asked. 

Sehun didn’t have to ask who they were referring to. The alpha hung his head in disappointment. He hated himself. He must have done something to Jongin. 

“I’m fine, Minho.”

Sehun jumped up.

Jongin was standing behind the first omega, arms crossed over his chest, eyes staring at Sehun.

“Mr. Kim I- Jongin, I don’t-,” Sehun stepped around the couch and closer to the two omegas. 

Minho was close behind him and was about to grab the boy, but Jongin signaled for him not to. 

Sehun sighed in relief. Jongin wasn’t afraid of him. That was a good sign.  

He stopped a few inches away from the omega. Brown eyes looked down into his and Sehun’s heart began to beat rapidly. 

He wanted to touch the omega, but he stopped himself. Now was not the time. 

“Jongin, I’m sorry. I don’t know what I did, but whAtever If was...I didn’t mean to. I would never try to hurt you...never,” Sehun closed in eyes and touch a deep breath like the omega had taught him. Whenever he struggled to find his words, he took a moment to collect himself. 

He continued, “Minho said I tried to mate you...is that true?”

Sehun prayed for the omega to deny the accusation. He didn’t want it to be true. His heart shattered when Jongin simply nodded in confirmation. 

The alpha looked to the floor. He couldn’t look at Jongin anymore. Not without the omega seeing his tears.

“I’m sorry,” he choked out, “I’m so so sorry. Jongin, I can’t believe...I never wanted to…”

He couldn’t even get a complete sentence out. His mind was swarming with all the possibilities that could have happened. He wasn’t dumb. He knew how much power an alpha had over an omega. Especially a pure alpha like himself. He could have damaged the omega man easily and that realization made him sick. 

Tears falling to the floor, the alpha clenched his hands into fists. He didn’t want this. He wished he had never been born. He hated himself so much. Why did he have to be this way? Why couldn’t he control himself like a normal person? The doctors said the medication would help keep his anger in check. It was supposed to tame his fragile temper. It was supposed to help him stay in control. 

But it didn’t. He didn’t. 

He had lost control of himself and had hurt the person who meant everything to him. How could he live with himself. 

How? 

Suddenly, he was pulled into the tightest embrace. Sehun’s arms instantly wrapped around the man’s tiny waist. He buried his face into Jongin’s chest and inhaled the omega’s scent. It was so sweet. So calming. He wanted to stay here forever. 

“Sehun, please don’t cry,” Jongin hugged him tighter, “I know you didn’t mean to, sweetie. I know. You don’t have to beat yourself up about it.”

Sehun tried to hold Jongin closer but he couldn’t. They were already as close as they could be. 

He was happy. So ing happy. 

Happy that Jongin forgave him. Happy that Jongin was hugging him. Happy that Jongin was still here with him. He hadn’t given up on the alpha. Sehun was happy. 

After a few moments of just hugging each other, Jongin finally pulled away and stepped back. Sehun had to stop himself from pulling the omega back into a hug. He wanted the man close to him. Always. 

“Sehun, these are my friends, Minho and Taemin. They are the ones who helped us.”

Sehun looked back at Minho who nodded in acknowledgment and then at Taemin, who stood quietly next to Jongin.

“Thank you, Taemin-shi.” 

The omega smiled, “Taemin is fine, sweetie. You’re Jongin’s alpha. That means we are basically family.”

“Tae!”

Sehun laughed as Jongin starting hitting his friend, a bright red blush on his face. Red was such a nice color on the omega. 

“Sehun, don't listen to him. He’s literally a crazy person,” Jongin glared at Taemin as the omega playfully ran over to his husband.  

“Anyway, if you two are okay now, we have to get back home. Taeho is sleeping at the neighbor's place,” Taemin pulled his mate along to the front door. 

“Goodnight, you guys. Thanks again,” Jongin waved. 

Sehun waved at the couple too. They seemed so happy together. He wished his parents were like them. He wished they acted like a real family together. 

Jongin turned to the alpha, “It’s almost midnight. I should take you home. I’m sure your parents are worried sick.”

Sehun frowned, “I doubt it. It’s Friday, I’m sure they are on a plane heading to another country for the weekend.”

The alpha tried not to sound so bitter, but after meeting Taemin and Minho and seeing how a married couple should act, he realized just how different his parents were. They were mates, but they didn’t love each other like Taemin and Minho clearly did. 

Sehun vowed to never end up in a marriage like his parents. He would love his omega unconditionally and treasure every waking moment with them. 

He glanced up at the omega next to him. 

Yes. He would protect the Jongin from all that would bring cause him harm. Jongin’s safety was top priority. He would put the omega first. 

No matter what. 

~.~.~.~

Jongin pulled up to Sehun’s mansion. Even though he had already been there for Sehun’s birthday, he was still blown away by how grand it was. How nice it must have been to live in such luxury and not have to worry about money. 

“Are you sure I don’t have to talk to your parents?” 

Sehun’s jaw clenched, “I can assure you that they aren’t here. Don’t worry.”

Jongin noticed the frown on Sehun’s face so he didn’t push the matter. 

“Okay.”

He kept his eyes focused in front of him, but he could see the alpha looking at him from his peripheral vision. Was Sehun waiting for him to say something? Maybe they should actually talk about what happened. 

“Sehun, look-.”

“We shouldn’t see each other again,” the alpha suddenly said. 

Jongin’s head in the boy's direction. Wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter