Dogs?

Unnie can you EH?!

Sowon woke up early and crawled out from under Eunha’s arm, carefully getting down from the bed. Today was the day they were going out on the picnic. She promised to make sandwiches with whoever woke up first and second for their snacks. As she entered the kitchen freshly dressed and ready to make sandwiches, she was going to pull a chair over to the counter when she noticed four people in the kitchen fighting over bread slices.

“Yah! I got here first!”

“No unnie you woke up second, I was first.”

Sowon chuckled, causing them to stop fighting momentarily.

“Here I thought I was first, so Eunha is the only one not awake yet?”

Umji nodded and then turned back to Yerin.

“That bread slice belongs to me.”

Sowon laughed as she dragged her chair over, SinB silently helping her pull.

“Come on guys, don’t fight. I’ll hand them out okay?”

They moved away from the bread slices and let their leader climb the chair. Sowon handed out the bread slices and when she handed it to Yerin, she was assaulted with kisses.

“Yah!”

Yerin picked Sowon up and smooched her all over her tiny face as Sowon tried to wiggle out.

“Save me! I’m dying! Kyahaha!”

It tickled her, a lot. Her tiny peals of laughter filled the kitchen and the other members couldn’t help but want it to continue even if their leader was pleading for her life.

“What’s up?”

Eunha yawned and wandered out of her room like a zombie.

SinB casually walked over and shoved her into the bathroom telling her she was late. Today’s menu of sandwiches would be made by Umji and Yerin.

~~~~~~~~~~

The girls giggled as they skipped into the fields of the park, Yerin walking slowly with Sowon in tow with the picnic basket.

“Guys wait up!”

No matter how Sowon wanted to run with her kids, she couldn’t. Her legs just didn’t function that well yet, her walking still a small toddle now and then.

She helped Yerin spread the picnic blanket under a tree.

“Come here! Line up!”

They all lined up wondering what was it this time when Sowon lightly slapped sunblock on all their cheeks.

“Good now spread it.”

“Aww.”

Yerin leaned against the tree with her hat off. The girls were out wearing casual clothing and hats. They didn’t bother doing a lot of makeup and kept slightly quieter to not draw attention.

Sowon had wanted to play with her girls in playing tag and games like 369 but her eyelids began to droop. Crawling over to Yerin, she lay her head on her second eldest’s thigh and began to drift off.

“Unnie?”

“Mm?”

“Sleep well.”

“Mm.”

Yerin placed her hand on Sowon’s small back, rubbing gently to make her fall asleep. In Sowon’s sleep, her hand clenched in Yerin’s skirt, holding it tightly in a fist. Yerin paid it no mind as she saw Sowon’s face still peaceful.

“Kids, shhh.”

She reminded everyone to be quieter to let Sowon sleep peacefully and the rest of the girls took turns taking pictures with the sleeping leader. Yerin had the most fun since she was in every picture no matter what due to being Sowon’s pillow.

When a bird squawked a little too loudly, Sowon’s eyebrows crinkled a little, she turned around in her sleep now facing Yerin’s stomach. Yerin finally saw Sowon’s peaceful face without having to crane her neck to look and grinned. Her leader was really the best.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sowon whined when she got up but her stomach was grumbling. She sat up slowly rubbing her eyes, she looked around and found the rest of the girls running around in the clearing on the opposite side. Looking to Yerin, she found her sleeping against the tree trunk.

“You’ll get a crick in your neck that way.”

She carefully stood up to shift Yerin’s head over to a more comfortable position.

Rummaging in the picnic basket, she pulled out her sandwich and began eating it slowly, taking teeny tiny bites starting from the corner.

Hearing a bark, Sowon was startled, she quickly put her sandwich back in her wrapper and shook Yerin awake. Sitting in Yerin’s lap she grabbed her shoulders and tried to wake her.

“Yerin! Yerin ah! Wake up please wake up!”

Yerin jostled awake stretched her arms before hugging Sowon tightly.

“Hm? What is it Sowonnie unnie?”

Sowon panicked as the barking grew louder.

“There’s a free roaming dog and I’m scared.”

Yerin sat up quickly and called the girls back.

“Kids! Come here!”

Sowon clung to Yerin’s shirt, maybe it was because she was smaller, maybe it’s because it reminded her of the time in please take care of my dog when Hani the black chow chow dog they took care of bit a staff member, or maybe she was terrified of dogs when they were much bigger than her and then she became tall enough to not be scared.

Tears pricked at the corner of her eyes and Sowon remained attached to Yerin’s shoulders. Yerin opted to stand up to keep Sowon further from the dog.

The moment the dog broke into the clearing, even Yerin was scared a bit. It was a tall Doberman, the kind that you usually see as guard dogs. The girls were cautious at first, reacting well due to their lessons with dogs but immediately following the entrance of the dog, their owner chased after them.

“Yah! Come back here!”

The young female tackled the dog to the ground and it finally turned away from the girls.

“Oh hi.”

“Hello.”

Eunha stepped forwards using a different tone to her voice to not get recognized.

“Is this your dog?”

“Yea it is, he’s nice don’t worry.”

“Unnie, it’s nice you’re okay.”

Yerin nodded back at them but Sowon was not reassured, if she stood next to it, the Doberman was definitely taller.

“N-no.”

Yerin had moved to put Sowon down but Sowon stayed clutching at Yerin’s shirt as tight as possible.

“I don’t wannaaaaaaa waaaaaaahhhhhhhh.”

Everyone was shocked, the girls especially. This was their strong leader, crying, over a dog, because she was scared.

“Ah, I’m sorry but I guarantee he’s nice.”

“Yea, I’m sure he is. Our baby cousin is just terrified of dogs, sorry about that.”

“I’ll be going now, sorry about intruding your picnic.”

“It’s okay, go have fun.”

The girl bowed and pulled her dog away, as soon as she left the clearing, they all ran to the crying Sowon.

“It’s okay, it’s gone unnie. Shh, shh, don’t cry.”

They looked nervously at their tiny leader, who was still crying, albeit quieter than before.

=============

FLUFF I DECLARE FLUFF