Chapter 22

UNEXPECTED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day 

Moonbyul woke early to get some practice done since she hasn't done it in a while. She heads over to the gym where she meets her coach who taught her how to kickbox. As she enters she sees other people of all ages training and working out. She walks to a familiar figure someone who is sort of a  father figure to her. They had known each other for more than a decade. 

"Coach!"

"Byul?!"

Both walking towards each other with their arms spread out going in for a hug. 

"Byul, how have you been?"

"I've been good, you?"

"That's good to hear. How come you haven't been coming to the gym.?"

"I know. It's been a while. I've been busy with school since it is my last year."

"That's right! Oh, look how much you have grown. About to finish high school, going to university, dating, and before you know it you will have a family of your own."

"Hehehe, yeah I am grown. I remember when I first came here."

"Yeah you were so little, smaller than everyone else and you were the only girl." 

"Yup my mom wanted me to do some kind of activity, so I chose kickboxing.It was a shock to her when i choose it. She wanted me to take up art or something. I also remembered that no other gym wanted to train me because I was too small and I was a girl. I am glad you took me in coach."

"Haha, I couldn't say no to your adorable hamster face. You trained the hardest and worked harder than anyone. I wonder if you still go it in you."

"Hahaha of course I do"

"Let's see then, go warm up and then you can spar with a student of mine that I think will be a challenge for you."

"Okay"

Byul warmed up and sparred with Ken another trainer and upcoming kickboxer. They spar for about 30 minutes both full of sweat and panting.

"Waah you are really good. There is no one else in the gym who can be a challenge for me. You are quite a competitor."

"Haha thanks you're great too. Its been a while since I had sparred with someone so challenging. I'm Moon Byul. It is nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too. I'm Ken."

"well Ken it was fun, but I must go."

"Okay, Hopefully, we can spar again."

"Haha, sure I'd like that."

"Bye"

"Bye"

Byul went to the locker room to get her stuff to head home and wash up. As she was getting her stuff her phone chimed. She picked it up to check who it was. Smiling at the name that popped up.

From: My Yong      7:01am

Hey babe, I was wondering if we can have breakfast together around 8?

                                                                   

   

To: My Yong 7:03am           

  Good Morning

 You are up early. I'm surprised lol jk

 Yeah I'd really like that

Where? The usual cafe

 


From: My Yong 7:04 am

Morning

Yup the usual place

 

She walked out of the locker room smiling at her phone.

"He must be special. Making you smile so much."

"ummm... he is a...she"

Byul has known her coach more than half her life and he was some she would trust with her life. Someone, she would tell everything to. He was a friend, a coach, and father figure to her.

"Oh, wow. Okay well, I'd really like to meet her someday. I'd like to see the girl who has you smiling so widely."

"Hehe okay. I'll introduce her to you soon. I go to go coach. See you soon"

"Okay, see you. Btw I'm glad you still haven't lost your touch."

They both hug and bid their goodbyes. Byul was glad that her coach did freak out or was grossed out about her revealing she had a girlfriend. Yeah, he was a little shocked, but he took it well. She headed home to take a quick shower and got dressed to meet Yongsun at the cafe.

-------------

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter