*30 (Final)

Black And White

Jungkook is going to lose his mind. He just bought takeout chicken for two! Again! It's been almost two months since Jimin left and he's not sure anymore if Jimin is real or not, if he's a figment of his imagination because he's sad or what. But there is still that little rose bonsai. He won't buy a rose bonsai for anything. It reminds him of Jimin's face.

Actually, everything reminds him of Jimin. The way his cup and plates are arranged in an orderly manner. The way his living room and center table are fixed in a way where two people will be convenient to eat in the table and sit on the couch. The way there are a lot more food in the cupboard for one person. The way he still looks over his empty worn out couch every morning because it's still as empty as he left it last night.

He figures he'll have heated chicken the next morning again. He had heated chicken, heated noodles, heated vegetables and one time, heated stir-fried squid and pork vegetable noodles because he wondered if yhapps have a dish as delicious as the old woman who always gives him discount's stir-fried squid and pork vegetable noodles for the past weeks. It's good though because he has breakfast every morning but it makes him remember why there's something to be heated the next morning and why he bought two dishes last night in the first place.

He needs to stop buying for two, he sighs.

The sweet and sour chicken from the old lady looks delicious but that night, he can't seem to find the energy to eat as he stares at the other chicken. He figures he'll have chicken for lunch tomorrow as well.

Jungkook is just getting ready to sleep at eight in the evening, a lot earlier than his usual twelve or even until two when he hears a knock.

He's not sure though but his heart thumps as he waits and listens.

A knock again.

He throws his covers and runs to his door.

"Good evening, Jungkook."

It's Jimin. He doesn't know if he wants to punch himself or pull Jimin into a hug because when he saw him again, it's just then that he realized how much he missed him. It's just then that he realized how much he wanted to see him again, talk about random things about Thane with him, tell him about random things about Earth, and see his smile again. It's just then that he realized how much he wants to be with him.

So he blinks at him and stares. Because he figures, if this is an illusion, it will disappear, right? Or if he's already in his dream.

But Jimin doesn't. He smiles at Jungkook as the feeling of overwhelming happiness surge into him again and he feels something coming from his eyes the second time around with Jungkook. But it's different this time.

He sniffs and says, "Taehyung tells me this is called tears of happiness."

Jungkook stares at him, still not believing that this is real.

"I think I'm in love with you, Jungkook," Jimin suddenly says, looking hesitant and not. "Or that's what Taehyung told me. That's what he says I'm probably feeling even if I don't know it. We have no love back at Thane. There is no love. But I look for you whenever you're not with me and even when you're not with me, you're the only one I look for. Is that love, Jungkook?"

His mind is racing. It still hasn't processed the fact that Jimin is standing before him, in front of him, the space of the door the only thing separating the two of them. It's still in the process of processing that Jimin has just told him he's in love with him. His mind is trying to process too many things at once. What about Taehyung? What about being a yhapp and a human? What about Thane? What about Earth? But his heart has only processed one.

That he's also in love with Jimin.

He pulls him and kisses him and in that moment, the processing wheels on his mind completely stops. Everything disappears but Jimin in front of him, his hand on the back of Jimin's neck and their lips together.

Yhapps are not big on kisses. They prefer hugs because of the physical and emotional benefits of hugs but that time, the kiss just feels right as he pulls Jungkook closer and kisses his back.

They pull away after a moment and for once in his life, Jungkook sees something in Jimin’s eyes he believes he also has on his. For once his Jimin’s life, he feels something better than happiness. More than happiness. So much more than happiness.

It's nice. Really nice.

“Will you stay for that reason?”

Jimin smiles and tells him, “That was the reason why I stayed before, Jungkook.” He didn’t left because there’s something different he saw in Jungkook’s eyes but now, he thinks he stayed because he has been in love with Jungkook.

Jungkook pulls him closer again and kisses his forehead. “Don’t leave again.”

“No,” Jimin whispers.

He pulls Jimin inside his apartment and says, "Come on, let's eat. I've been waiting for you. I'm starving."

--

A/N: There you have it. I still can't believe I wrote this 2015, uploaded like half of this 2017, and then uploaded the rest 2019. I am yet to understand the difficulties one must go through growing up and growing old in balancing time with what they have to do and what they really want to do.

To those who read this way back 2017, I am so sorry. T-T

To those who read this when it has already been completely uploaded, lucky you, guys. There are others who had it worse. Haha.

To everyone, I love you. Take care of yourselves.

Damn, it's been so long. I hate how it's been so long. 

- Elle