* 12

Black And White

He learns that they still have dinosaurs at Thane. He doesn't even stop his mouth from hanging and he almost drools not only on the idea that they can still see real dinosaurs at Thane but on the idea of how untouched their nature still remains. He wonders when humans started destroying nature more than preserving it. It's not even his issue about seeing a real dinosaur anymore.

"Velociraptor?" he asks like a little child.

Jimin nods with a smile, "We teach them to be domestic."

Domestic? Jungkook wants to drool.

He learns yhapps are more advanced than humans. For example, cooking is a recreational activity for them. They have devices to create meals like vendo machines. They have cars but they run on battery. Another option for commuting is through cable cars. There is almost no source of pollution in Thane and people are working and studying to keep it that way. He learns yhapps are not the only other beings in the universe.

Jimin tells him their leaders already contacted several beings in other planets as well until they made contact with beings from a planet of war. It's a huge planet with population ten times the population of yhapps, with technology as advanced as them. It was only a matter of time before they attacked Thane.

He watches Jimin as he tells him about it and there's no sadness in the other’s eyes.

"Don't you miss your family and your friends?" Jungkook suddenly asks.

"Miss?"

He remembers the time he curses loudly in front of Jimin and he has the same expression now.

"Um, feel sad that you're not with them?"

"Sad?"

"Like you want to see them badly it's killing you," Jungkook says, trying to explain. He suddenly thinks of his parents and how he'd give anything to see them again.

Jimin notices the change in his expression. "I want to see them," he answers honestly. "Tell me about your parents, Jungkook."

He really doesn't want to talk about it, to remember the pain of losing both of his parents in a day. But he remembers how he told Jimin about what happened to him in class and he found himself telling Jimin again.