The Voices

A Trip to Korea

It took you a while, but you finally managed to force yourself to sneak downstairs. You carefully planted your feet on every step, making sure that you wouldn't make any noises. You were right in the middle of the staircase, and you slowly moved your left foot onto the step. You thought that it was safe, but was proved wrong when you shifted all of your weight on top of it, and there was a loud creak. Your eyes widened as you listened to the long silence of nothing. The voices stopped. You tried walking backwards up the steps, but someone had already appeared at the bottom of the stairs.

He turned his head sideways and shouted, "She's awake!" You gasped, not knowing what his next move would be. Then five other figures started running towards you.

You would've screamed if that lump of fear wasn't caught in your throat. You stood there, frozen in shock. 

The first figure was a handsome, curly-haired boy. His eyes were slighlty slit, and his hair was a dark brown color. The expression on his face was friendly and comforting, his smile warm.

"Dang-eun gwaenchanh-ayo?" he asked. That's one of the voices. You cocked your head, not understanding what he was saying.

Then another figure pushed him aside, and stole the spotlight. "She doesn't understand Korean, Jeongmin." he said. "Ah," he replied. 

(This new figure also had dark brown hair, but longer than the first one's. His expression was also nice and warm.) Before being shoved aside, he tried to wink, but failed and ended up preforming a continuous show of blinks. 

"Failed again Kwangmin!" teased the blondie. He was spitting image of the previous boy. "You two...." you began, but was interrupted when blondie said, "We're twins!"

The next thing you know, he disappeared, and three figures popped up beside eachother. "I'm Minwoo! And this is Donghyun and Hyunseong!" The one on the left had exclaimed. His face is so cute. "I'm Rheannalicious." 

"Nice to meet you!" they all said. Maybe this isn't so bad.