A Big Surprise

A Trip to Korea

The next day you had gone to school, you couldn't help but wonder about how much money your mom will get payed. You kept spacing out, and getting scolded by the teacher. It was hard for you to pay attention. Instead of classwork, you used your time praying that you could go to Korea. Please. Just this one favor.

It was a long day, but you managed to get through it. You arrived home, to find your mom sitting on the couch, waiting for you. She was smiling brightly, in her right hand a small white envelope. You stood there in shock, your mouth hanging open. Your eyes looked as big as saucers. She chuckled and then ran up to you give you a big hug. 

"How much?" you asked. She unraveled herself from your embrace, and stared at the envelope. "This..." she said, breathing deeply. "This is a miracle." you slowly took the envelope from her hands and began to open it. You pulled the check out sideways. You didn't even have to pull the whole thing out to see all of the zeroes trailed out across the little piece of light blue paper.

You squeaked, and then pulled in your mom for another hug. You started jumping up and down for the huge amount of money you had received. You let go of eachother, but continued to hop continuously in place. You pulled out the whole check, and stopped jumping.

"$50,000?!" you yelped. "You got that much?!" She laughed. "My reaction was exactly the same. For a small company like ours, you wouldn't expect to get that much money. A rich man passed by, and was in a rush. He practically gave us his whole wallet and ran out carrying just a small teddy bear." You almost fell right over. "A TEDDY BEAR?" She nodded. "He was in a rush!"