Letter #7: Those Days

It's Still Beautiful

October 1, 2017

Dear Minhyun,

It's officially been a month since we broke up. We spent so much time counting the months together that it's weird to be counting months apart.
We never went all out on our monthly anniversaries, but it was always fun. Do you remember?

Our first month was our first day back to school after winter break. You and I were still kind of awkward back then.
All our friends knew and constantly teased us all day long. I was really happy that day.

For our two months, we had a test in our Biology class the next day. You and I studied together at a small cafe near my place. I was really happy that day, too.

Three months was our first big celebration. We went out to get crepes, we went to the mall, and then back to my house.
You met my mom's friends for the first time that day. They loved you. I was also really happy that day.

Our fourth month was during spring break. We went to downtown to the aquarium.
I've always loved the aquarium, but it was even more beautiful with you. We took so many pictures, I needed to delete apps for more space.
On the train, we went through them and chose our favorites. I posted them on instagram with a really cheesy pun caption.
Everyone made fun of us for that. Even then, I was really happy.

The fifth month landed on exam day. You and I skipped our classes after the morning exam and got lunch together.
It was my first time skipping school with a boy. You and I were really happy despite bombing our exam.

Six months was our big milestone! We were together for half a year. We planned a really big day. It started off with you picking me up. 
Usually, you would come over before I finished getting ready (often times because I slept in) and just watch me get dressed and do my make \up.
That day, I did my best to be ready before you arrived, yet you still beat me to it.
We got lunch together at a new restaurant before getting ice cream. I never liked sushi until I had it with you that day.
Then, we went to a park you frequented as a child and told me a whole bunch of childhood stories.
You told me about how you used to play baseball.

We then went back to your place where we played Mario Kart. You wouldn't let me win no matter what!
I kissed you and hugged you in attempts to distract you, but you beat me anyways. The grand finale was the fall fair.
Even though it was really overpriced, you paid for my tickets and rode all the rides with me. God, you were so sweet to me.
I'll never forget how happy I was that day.

We started to become rocky our seven month anniversary. We hung out with our friends and you came over after for some alone time. 
We fought over the dumbest thing. You had to leave early and didn't giveme a reason.
It's not even that I was suspicious of you, I just wanted more time with you. 
You started changing that day.

I wish I didn't get mad at you that day. Everything went downhill from there.

Maybe we would've had an eighth month.

Thinking back at our relationship, I was always really happy. Thank you, Minhyun.
Thank you so much for making me the second luckiest girl in the world.
The luckiest girl is the one you choose to spend the rest of your life with. I really wish that would be me.

Love,

Sehee