Chapter 6: The Past (Part Two)

Empire of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

❦ CHAPTER SIX:   

THE PAST (PART TWO) ❦

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ever since that night when Jungkook confessed his true feeling about Jiae to Hera, he had been running over to the next class just to find Jiae. Either for lunch or to study together despite the only subject they share was art. The time Jungkook spent with Hera became lesser and lesser. It became harder for her to ask him out for dinner, to stay overnight, to play games, movies and anything they used to do together before that night.

The both clicked well together and became inseparable in a short period of time. Jiae were rejected by Taehyung however, she doesn’t feel any pain. She was confused at first and went back home to search for her card only to see that something was blocking the way and when she dusted it off, the name came off as ‘Ji-ah’ instead of ‘Jiae’ which made her laughed for almost an hour because of the mistake the royal pupil had done. It isn’t like their style. However, she was grateful that Taehyung had rejected her since, they both didn’t click that well for a couple to begin with but only friends. Unlike with Jungkook, she could feel something in her stomach whenever they brush their hands accidentally. It was a simple gesture but that makes the both blush madly.

On the other hand, of course, Hera is jealous. She is mad. Mad that Jungkook wasn’t her chosen one but Jiae’s. Mad that Jungkook spent lesser time with her and never take the initiative to start any chat with her any longer and was more frustrated that every time when he hit her phone up, it’s all about Jiae. She never once had a problem with Jiae being the best in everything. With Jiae always being number one back there and with her always a number below her. She had never out shine Jiae for once. Everything that Jiae desire, she gets it but not her.

Then, an idea popped in her head. It wasn’t an idea but a plan. A plan that’s forbidden for the immortals to do, a plan that might end her up in the prison forever or even, vanished from this world. But, with Jungkook, she dares to challenge the queen and go against her rules.

“Hera!” Jungkook called out, chasing after her before grabbing onto her wrist, making her stop. She was glad, glad that Jungkook finally came to find her.

“What is it?” She asked, trying to sound cold but her voice failed her. No matter how hurt she feels whenever she saw that boy, her heart still yearns for him. Whenever she saw him, her heart asked her for her forgiveness.

Despite knowing his answer to her question would hurt her yet again, she can’t help but to have a genuine smile plastered across her face.

“Would you like to join me, Jiae and Taehyung for dinner later?”

 

 

 

 

“Hera!” Jiae called out, hugging her friend tightly. “It’s been months since we last met! How have you been? I’m really glad that you came!”

“Uh-huh. I’m doing fine I guess.” She answered coldly.

“Um…” Sounding a little disappointed at her friend’s behaviour, she continued trying to make her friend feel better. “Oh, and, this is Taehyung. The one that I told you the other day when you stopped by my house.”

Holding a hand out, Taehyung shook hers firmly with a big smile on.

“Nice to meet you Hera, I’m Taehyung. You’re such a beauty.”

Shaking his hand, Hera felt butterflies in her stomach. What is this feeling?

Hitting onto Taehyung’s arm, realizing how stoned Hera looked with Taehyung’s compliment, Jiae poured out everything on what Taehyung had said to her the other day.

“Remember me telling you that this boy has something to confess to me?”

“Yeah?”

“He told me that he’s really drawn to you and would like to meet you in person someday that’s why I asked Jungkook to ask you out tonight.” Jiae said, smiling from ear to ear. “I tried ringing you but it didn’t go through. I thought your phone broke.”

“S-sorry, I haven’t get my phone fixed.” Hera replied. Studying the male sitting right in front of her. What is that feeling that she’s feeling now? Why… why is she so drawn to him?

“Jiae,” Jungkook called out. “Want to get on the queue and order some food?”

“Sure!” Jiae chirped, standing up from her seats and joined Jungkook in the line.

“So… you’re friend’s with Jungkook and Jiae?”

“Yes! Are you friends with the both of them too?” H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter