Chapter 1: My Woman

Empire of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

❦ CHAPTER ONE:   

MY WOMAN ❦

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1st September 2017

 

It’s been three months since she came to the mortal world. But her mom hasn’t brought her to her chosen one yet.

“Honey, breakfast is done. Come on down.”

“Coming!”

Walking down the stairs towards her kitchen, she saw a young man sitting opposite of her mom with his back facing her. We have a guest? She thought, before making her way down to the dining table. When she’s nearing the dining table, her mom called out to her. Making it an embarrassing first meet up with her chosen one.

“Jiae? How many time do I have to tell you to put on a bra when we have a guest? Especially when it’s a male guest?”

Unsure what she was talking about, she looked down to her shirt and realized just how much her were asking for attention. Looking back up, wanting to ask her mom to shush, in front of her, she saw the young man from earlier. His neck and ears were burning as she watched him gulp hardly before realization hit her hard. She quickly her heels and ran straight up the stairs into her room.

 

“Oh god what was I thinking.” Saying her thoughts out loud, she searches the entire room for her bra before putting one on. Then again, she made her way down to the dining table.

Before she can reach her hands out to pull on the chair next to her mom to take a seat, her mom stopped her and gestured her to sit next to the young man.

Awkwardly pulling the chair next to him, she took a seat.

“Where was I? Oh right, marriage.” Her mom said as she clasped her hands together.

“Marriage?” Jiae asked with her eyes wide open. She was hoping for this day to come but not this soon. Turning to her right, she met eyes with a rather nervous man.

“Didn’t we talk about this three month ago?” Her mom hinted her.

“I know, I mean like, this is your grandson?”

“Grandson?” The male asked with a questioning look before it hit Jiae.

Wrong choice of word at wrong choice of place. She thought. Looking at her mom, she had a nervous face on this time.

Without letting herself to think twice, she embarrassed herself in front of her chosen one yet again.

“Grandson! I meant a grandson for my mom… Ha-ha-ha.” She let out a dry laugh knowing what her stupidity had led her to. Seriously? A grandson for my mom? She said inwardly as she mentally face-palmed herself.

“Oh honey, you haven’t get married yet and you’re thinking about making babies?” Her mom teased making the young soon to be married couple in front of her blushing badly.

Changing the subject as quickly as it happened, she turned to her side before reaching her hands out to the younger man for a hand shake.

“Hi! Nice to meet you, I’m Jiae.” She introduced with a smile on her face. She doesn’t seem nervous at all and that makes the male nervous.

“H-hi… nice to meet you too… I’m Jungkook.” He reaches his hands out to hold onto hers before shaking it. Little did he know, his heart raced a little when his hand made a contact with her. What’s with this familiar feeling?

“Awww look at you both. Shy and timid.” The older woman said admiring the both which reminded her of her past.

“So, as I was saying, Jungkook’s dad and I had discussed that the marriage will happen in a week’s time.”

“That is really soon.” Jiae said, removing her hand from Jungkook’s.

“Today is your last day in this house young lady.” Her mom said giving her a devilish grin. “We had bought a new apartment for the both of you. So tonight, you’ll have to stay there with Jungkook. He’ll be bringing you there.”

“Right, do you need help with your belongings?” Jungkook offered.

“No, it’s fine. I can do it on my own.” She replied with a smile on. “Thank you for offering your help.” She stood up from her seats before patting Jungkook on his shoulder to thank him.

 

 

 

 

Their car ride to their new apartment were filled with silence until Jiae decided to break the ice.

“You know… I’m sorry that you have to get married to me.” Jiae confessed, looking out the window. What makes her even more sorry is that she isn’t sure if she could fit the wife’s position. Thinking of cooking, doing laundry, house chores and any other stuff that mortals have to do, makes her headaches.

Back there, they don’t feel hunger nor do they have the need to change their clothes. Maybe occasionally. However, coming to the mortal world were all different. Though her mom had already taught her most of the basics, she still couldn’t promise that her husband would be in good hand with her.

“Don’t be sorry. I was glad that you’re the one that I’ll get married to instead of others.” He replied, eyes not leaving the road.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter