Chapter 10: Promises are meant to be broken

Empire of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

❦ CHAPTER TEN:   

PROMISES ARE MEANT TO BE BROKEN ❦

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Waking up from his deep slumber, he sat straight up on his bed. Stretching every inch of his muscle before placing both of his feet on the wooden floor, ready to start his daily routine. Walking away from the bed, he stopped mid track and froze. Who’s that? He thought, eyes not daring to look at where he got up from. Did I drink too much last night? What did I do? Slowly turning on his heels, he turned around to face the woman on his bed still sound asleep. … how am I supposed to reason this out to her?

Upon watching her shifting in his bed, he scrambles out of the room as quickly as possible before closing the door to the room. Not wanting to wake her up then, his shoulder fell. Where am I? Knowing this isn’t his house, he started to panic. What on earth had he done last night that he couldn’t remember a thing?

Making his way into the restroom to wash himself up before leaving, he looked around the restroom and everything just felt so familiar yet this is the first time he’s in this house. Not to mention, even that bedroom feels familiar yet, he had never been in this house before. Unconsciously, he picked up a toothbrush, spreads the toothpaste on, placing it in his mouth and was ready to brush his teeth until he realized what he’s doing.

As quickly as he lets the toothbrush in, he pulls right back out. What was he trying to do with another people’s belongings? Then, his gaze fell onto the toothbrush and every other stuff in the restroom then to the room next to the restroom. From towels, tooth brush and any other items, it comes in a pair as though it’s a couple’s house. Looking down on his toothbrush, he realizes that he instinctively took the blue one instead of the red one.

What is happening to me? Just… how many times had I come here before?

That day, before he left that woman’s house, he left a piece of notes on the refrigerator apologising for leaving without letting her know and how he ended up sleeping in her room.

 

 

“What’s the phone call about?” Taehyung asked the moment Jiae opens the door to her apartment.

“Jung-”

“What happened?”

“He-”

“Are you okay? Are you hur-”

“Taehyung! Can you please let me finish my words? I know you’re just as anxious as I am but I have to explain everything to you first.”

“Right, my apologies. So, what exactly happened? You sounded really bad on the phone.”

“It’s… it’s Jungkook.”

Taking a sigh of relief, he took a step into her apartment before following her to the dining table.

“Take a seat, I’ll go get water for you.”

“No Jiae, you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter