6/20

I Hate You to the Moon and Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun were brightly shining, sending uncomfortable heat, making the camping trip to be pretty boring, the kids were hanging out in the nearest river to cool down. While Baekhyun spend most of her time helping their teachers, since she has no one to hang out with she'd prefer to help. And she can't hangout with Chanyeol, she don't want her classmates to be suspicious of them after the suspicious friendliness they’ve shown the other night.

She is helping her female teachers with the cooking, slicing and doing the ingredients. They were cooking Kimchi stew for lunch, grilled eel, and a variety of tropical fruits. Baekhyun is slicing the tofu when her teacher asked her about her passion in singing until they reaches the topic of Chanyeol. They ask the student about her relationship with him, curious if they were dating or anything. Both female teachers were only 8 years older than her, it's making her feel comfortable even more. She admitted that she's dating but not with Chanyeol or anyone at the school because her boyfriend is already a freshman in college.

The teachers are both happy for her and gave her love advice. Telling her not to give everything yet and just to enjoy it. She understood what they mean and she knows she's not rushing at all. The conversation makes her doubt her feelings with Junmyeon. She's just happy whenever he's around her and loves the attention he's been giving her, but she doesn't think about him to the point where she'll miss him. And speaking of Junmyeon, Baekhyun squealed when the teacher told her that Jongdae won the grand prize. She wanted to congratulate her friend personally but she needs to wait until tomorrow when she can have her phone back.

After the lunch, the kids except Baekhyun, together with their three male teachers and two more guides hiked for the three planting. Baekhyun didn't come when she's having menstrual cramps again. Chanyeol got worried but she assured the worried guy she'll be fine. The girl slept at the female teacher's tent together with them. They were busy making some flags, she feels guilty watching them but what can she do, her lower abdomen hurts as hell. So she decides to just sleep it off after taking a medicine Chanyeol bought the other day.

The girl didn't sleep that long, she woke up and her cramps were finally subsiding, the drug she took is now working. Her teachers let her help when she insisted that she's fine now. She keeps on asking the teachers what the flags are for, they didn't replied, she assumed that they will be for tonight’s team activity.

There were like eighty pieces of flag with 8 different colors: black, white, green, yellow, red, blue, purple and pink. She didn't ask further for she realizes what they are for. Finishing the task, one of the teacher asked for her help to prepare the snacks for the class, surely they'll be back any minute now.

After the dinner, the groups were standing in a straight line as the teacher was explaining the rules of the team game. It's like a treasure hunt, every team has a corresponding color, like the flags. All they need to do is gather all ten flags in which is scattered and hidden representing their team color, the first group to complete the task in two hours will be the winner.

Baekhyun and her other three members were all scared, but the campsite is surrounded by newly installed lights they felt safe, the campsite is wide, it has three parts, the campsite, the hill: where they had their tree planting and the river area. Baekhyun is asked to search the hill with another member while the other two will be on the campsite and river areas.

=============

The full moon's light was illuminating their trail and is helping them feel at ease. The hike to the hill isn't hard, the man made trails helped them hike easier. It isn't scary at all, with all the excitement and fun, Baekhyun's fears and worries falters. She can hear other students shouting in excitement as well. They were almost in the middle of their trail when her teammate found a flag hanging in a tree, it thrills them more when they finally got one.

When they reached the top, some students started to hike down, they only found two making it three on their hands. Her teammate suggested leaving now but Baekhyun insisted to search for a little while and so they did.

Two hours has ended, every group has gathered around the campsite, except Baekhyun and her other classmate. Their teammates were worried, the girls know the rules and they planned to meet an hour after at the base camp but still they haven't shown up.

Chanyeol is worried. The teachers’ calming the students down and said they should wait a little a little bit, Chanyeol is frowning, his thick brows were almost colliding. Sehun taps his back, gently squeezes it.

The student's were all whispering and began to worry and then a girl, screaming fearfully is running towards the base camp. Chanyeol prayed its Baekhyun. A teacher runs to meet her. Chanyeol got more scared when he saw it's not who he wanted it to be. She's breathing heavily, sweats were dripping all over her body, she's a mess, hysterical, shivering with fear. Her teachers tried to calm her down and asked what happened and where is Baekhyun.

"I-I-I do-don’t k-know.. Th-there’s a g-g-ghost. a-and.." She can hardly speak with fear.

Chanyeol is trembling and runs quickly towards the hill without letting his classmate finish her sentence, Baekhyun's greatest fear isn't Chanyeol or anyone, it is ghosts. A teacher yelled to stop him but he didn't bother to look back. All he can think of Baekhyun and Baekhyun alone. He's running without realizing his friends were running behind him. As soon as they reaches the peak the three of them scattered around the area, screaming her name hoping she'll hear them and answer, not too long after, all three male teachers were also there. They separated in pairs to look for her.

Running all around the place, screaming his lungs out, sweat were dripping from Chanyeol's body, soaking his black t-shirt wet. Fears were painted all over his entirety. Brows still frowning. He's scared as something might happen to Baekhyun. Tears were forming around his eyes but he's trying to hold it back as possible.

Not long after, Sehun screamed Chanyeol's name from opposite direction and he came rushing towards his friend. Before reaching Sehun, Chanyeol and Jongin saw one of the teachers carrying the passed out Baekhyun. They trail back to the base camp. Chanyeol is praying to the heavens, repeatedly chanting Baekhyun's name under his breath. Praying harder not to let something happen to her.

When they arrive at the base camp, the teacher settled her down at the female teacher's tent. Chanyeol barely left Baekhyun's side a teacher push him away, they needed to change her clothes and to clean her wounds. His friends pulled him out of the tent. Comforting him, assuring that Baekhyun's fine. Finally he calmed his nerves, but worry’s still lingering inside him.

The entire class was dumbfounded, curious and confuse on Chanyeol's worried reaction. Whispering, their clueless classmates beg

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter