1/20

I Hate You to the Moon and Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Top dog, powerful, smart, perfect, influential- this is how the entire SM High student’s define Park Chanyeol. Who won’t though when he’s like a blinding light whenever he walks by? Park Chanyeol has always been an epitome of a perfect boyfriend, he’s the captain of the basketball team, ing rich, intelligent, veritably handsome and has a glorious body, not to mention about his secret life, being a band member outside school even his bestfriends were oblivious of it. He’s just a personified perfection making every girl drool over him.

But despite of this “God-Given Perfection” Byun Baekhyun, a classmate of his, despise him more than Satan despises God. Chanyeol is nothing but a dirty scumbag to her eyes, a complete opposite of what people think highly of him. We can never blame the girl, for all her life she became his laughing stock and the guy never miss a day to embarrass the poor girl, giving her a miserable and horrible life. Miraculously she can tolerate all of this abuse and continue living normally after every insult.

As much as she wanted to run away and be invisible to this guy’s sight but she can’t, their parent’s being bestfriends and living across each other’s house is not helping her. Their parent’s relationship should be her shield, her protection but unfortunately they were not, they were totally blind at the fact that the innocent Chanyeol in their eyes is the cause of her endless sufferings. Being bestfriend’s, their parents were expecting them to be the same, which is what makes Chanyeol a genius bastard. Around them the guy would pretend close to her, feeding her food and takes care of her, he’s always playing an act deceiving them making Baekhyun feels more awfully disgusted towards him.

Baekhyun has asked for her parent’s to transfer her to a different school before they entered high school, but without a valid reason they disagree to her. How can Baekhyun convince her parent that Chanyeol is like bullying her when the guy is a tactful guy? Her mother loves the boy dearly like her own, he’s a sweet kid and always giving her flowers. Chanyeol’s attitude towards Baekhyun’s mother is terrifying her that she felt unsafe, scared that one day they’ll marry them off and that is like living with Satan, thankfully it’s never been an option. Leaving without a choice, she decided to feign ignorance to his existence.

Like every other normal school day, Baekhyun and her one and only friend, Jongdae were walking at the noisy hallway, talking about some countries they want to spend their short break at.

“I’ve been to Thailand Baekkie, you should go there.” Jongdae insisted.

“But my parent’s just love Japan too much, I’ve begged mom to try other countries but she would always refuse.” She replied rolling her eyes in annoyance.

“Your mom is a little stubborn, now I know where you inherit that attitude of yours.” Jongdae received a hard slap on her shoulder, Baekhyun can only laugh. “How are you even my friend?” She attacks.

“I know right.” Baekhyun counter attacked, giggling.

“Speaking of, the antagonist is coming.” Jongdae whispers, eyeing the handsome rude guy. Baekhyun’s grip on her book she’s been hugging tightens, mentally preparing herself to whatever’s coming.

“Morning loser.” Chanyeol greeted her, big round voice almost echoing the hallway.

Few students turned to watch while some did not bother, continuing walking or whatever business they were doing, since most of them are accustomed to this regular drama scene were the top dog always wins.

Being accustomed to this routine, Baekhyun continue her pace pretending not hearing anything while Jongdae glares at the bastard, boring holes to his face and to his side kicks, Jongin and Sehun. The three friends felt annoyed with the tough reaction of the girl and Chanyeol felt being insulted in front of his friends. He’s quick to block her way, the girl glared at him fiercely, the smirked.

“So, what do you want to do today loser?” He asks, pulling the book from her grasp, Baekhyun grip to it tightly as she can.

“Stop it Chanyeol. Leave me alone!” She hisses to him, the tall man leans down closer to her face, Baekhyun moved back.

“You’re fighting back now?” he grins.

“What do you want?” Baekhyun’s sending him stronger, scarier and fiercer glare so he’ll know the girl is upset. Chanyeol grinned and moved away, leaving her alone. Both girls sigh in relief.

“You did a good job there Baek.” Jongdae said giving a little pat on her friend’s shoulder. “See you later.”

Baekhyun watches her friend runs away, watching her as she falter from her sight. Letting out a heavy worried sigh when her friend is finally out of sight, Jongdae is skipping class for the entire day, she has vocal lessons as she’ll be competing in a national singing competition. The girl is worried to attend her class, she’ll be stuck inside a small classroom with her archenemy without her back up. Jongdae is always the tough and firm one, protecting her from any alarming harm.

When Baekhyun went inside their classroom, her eyes widen in anger and wander her glare around the classroom, Chanyeol is missing. Sighing, afraid to argue with her bird brain classmates she forcefully clean her table, throwing all trash into the garbage bin and return to her seat. Taking out her book and notes from her bag, she bows her head to quietly read.

Disturbed by the irritating sound of the late comer’s loud talking, forgetting who owns them, Baekhyun turns and welcome them with her deathly glare, the tan skinned boy see it and slam his basketball ball on top of her table, causing the entire classroom to keep silent.

“Something’s wrong with your eyes loser?” Jongin asks deviously to her, boring her face with his insulting glare. Baekhyun ignored him and carry on with her notes, shaking when Jongin slams her table again. “Answer me Byun!” He yelled. His friends standing behind his back were all laughing, joined by the entire class after a few seconds.

“Answer her!”

“She’s fighting back now.”

“Oh, tough girl.”

The entire class slowly joining the bullying, screaming and yelling at Baekhyun, urging Jongin to do something to her. Tears were building up, she’s embarrassed. Baekhyun is not new to this situation but she’s just hormonal and sensitive this time. Holding her tears back, Baekhyun’s internally repeating her daily mantra all over her head. “Don’t cry.” She repeatedly chants on her head. The teacher’s grand arrival saved her.

“What is happening?” the teacher asks as he felt the tension inside his homeroom.

“Nothing much sir, I’m just inviting our lovely Baekhyun here out for a date.” Jongin lied to the teacher, Chanyeol’s pushing his tanned skin friend forward when he saw Jongin’s about to lay his filthy hands at Baekhyun’s shoulder. The teacher can only raise his eyebrow.

“Don’t touch what’s mine, just because I bully her doesn’t mean you can.” Chanyeol hisses to his friend when they were settled on their assigned seat.

“Chill dude.” He whispers in defense.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter